+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 7/18 - PR12 Road to the Runway/Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/18 - PR12 Road to the Runway/Premiere Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Crits . . .

Tim - This boy is CRAZY. The judges are tearing his ass UP, and he deserves it.

Sue - They liked it, overall. That hemline in the back didn't do her any favors, though.

Miranda - Heidi and Zac called her out on her outfit not using ALL parachute material. Heidi is wearing her ass OUT about the material discrepancy, but I think she's gonna walk this week.

Angela - Heidi says she thinks half the outfit is missing. Nina likened it to a poncho, IIRC.

Bradon - Heidi REALLY liked it. The guest judge (?) loved it, too. Zac liked it, overall, and loves the back of it. Nina says it's dramatic. He's probably gonna win, I think.

The Russian (Sandro?) - Heidi, Zac: WAY too many references going on in this outfit. Nina: Too MUCH accessorizing. Heidi: The taste level is questionable.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think Bradon's gonna win it, but personally, I STILL think the skirt could've/should've been cut DOWN, some.

ETA . . .

I really, REALLY liked Tim being present at the runway show and weighing in.

They should've done that YEARS ago!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 07-18-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    navybelle and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Bradon wins.

No surprise, there, and of course he's got immunity for the next challenge.

Sue's in.

Miranda gets a strong warning about NOT following rules.

SANDRO'S IN??

Dear God.

TIMOTHY'S IN???

By the hair of his chinny chin chin, I'd say.

Angela's out.

Even though Sandro had the model's private parts decorating the runway, Angela's half an outfit just didn't cut it for the judges.

Go figure.
    Last edited by ness; 07-18-2013 at 10:32 PM.

I'm in the middle of Road to the Runway and just saw a commercial for Project Runway where Heidi says "You want drama?" ARRGGHHH no I don't want drama, I want good design. I don't want you to "push the designers farther than ever before" I want you to give them interesting challenges then time enough to create great designs.
    Kip, dzigner, navybelle and 1 others like this.

After the last 3 dismal seasons I said never again will I watch this show. Well, I had to get my workout in for the day so I put the TV on while I was doing my reps and lo and behold it is Heidi on my screen and the runway. Wow..I like the new rules. I like that Tim is involved in the runway. I like that Tim can save someone. I liked that the judges were able to examine the outfits and it was really cool to hear what they liked and didn't like about the garments.

Oh...I never ever want to see vagina drop on my screen again. How come One Million Moms is boycotting Discovery Channels' Naked and Afraid because the participants are naked yet they don't say squat about Project Runway and all the booty and VJJ we have seen over the years?
    PA Snow Bunny, jucamer and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Even though Sandro had the model's private parts decorating the runway, Angela's half an outfit just didn't cut it for the judges.
    They have let Ping in a second round outfit get a pass after the girl's bum was showing (and more of it was showing than Sandro's)... so I wasn't surprised. Sandro - at least that round looked like he'd listen to criticism.

But yeah - he tried way too hard to create the '40s pinup girls on planes... and ended up making it a bit too literal.

Angela's looked like a sewing 101 garment. I think had she created pants she'd been safe.

I DO feel for her because while it was as 101 garment outfit - SHE followed the rules. I get really tired of these judges giving folks passes for breaking rules and not listening to clients. They NEED to set precedent with eliminating contestants for simply put NOT following rules and blatantly doing so.

The only outfit I liked that wasn't a top look was the pants and white shirt the British gentleman made. The shirt I wasn't too happy with because it was the white material, but he still had more material that was the parachute material over Miranda's (More than 50 percent).

Liked the unconventional material challenge. It was really fabric and a difficult one to work with, but overall some nice designs.

I also LOVE how Tim gets to given input and the judges get to have closer looks at the outfits.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

... I get really tired of these judges giving folks passes for breaking rules and not listening to clients. They NEED to set precedent with eliminating contestants for simply put NOT following rules and blatantly doing so.
    Me too. If they don't eliminate a contestant who doesn't follow the rules, that contestant ought to lose 20% of their work time on the next individual challenge. There should be some penalty for not following the rules.

Edited to add: It ought to be interesting to see how the designers manage their Mood money.
    Last edited by Kip; 07-19-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    From Lord and Taylor to Belk? This show has jumped the shark!
    Indeed!
    When I lived in ATL and first walked into a Belk...
    It's like a TJ Maxx or Marshalls. You might find something, but you have to be a SHOPPER (I am not).

Oh, how I miss Marshall Field's.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Judges got it wrong. I thought they are elimnating Xandro with the cooter outfit or Tim with his burning man/tinkerbell look (her model didn't even do the dramatic entrance that they rehearsed...LOL!). I don't want to see anymore from those two guys. They surely got it wrong as you can see from the polls

About Play Runway - myLifetime.com

I would have wanted to vote but I think it's over by the time the show starts in the West Coast? Hopefully Angela can come back next Season via audience voting.

It was wrong for the judges to put Miranda in the top 3 (but bottom 4 which they did put her but it took away from one contestant who should be in the top 3) because she didn't use much of the fabric that was given to them. Maybe she should have reversed the colors of her outfit by using the black as the accent pieces. I think Kate's or Ken's should have been top 3.

I think this is going to be a great season despite the inclusion of two of my least favorite contestants in PR history in Timothy and Xandro (what's with those Russians? Why are they so crass and boorish?). It has quite a different feel this Season unlike PR 11 which was a total disaster. I like the fact that they include Tim Gunn in the deliberation this time.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 07-19-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I miss Michael Kors though - I'm so upset he's only going to be a guest judge this season
    I guess Michael Kors is now famous enough that he no longer needs the free PR he got from Project Runway. I will miss him. I should just go out & buy a Zac Posen purse instead of the new MK one I have been coveting.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast