Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ness
  • 2 Post By mandmmom2

Thread: Justin - S12

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Justin - S12

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Justin - S12

Initial reaction: I'll probably be rooting for this guy too. Didn't realize he had ties to NC - since they sent the Richmond VA girl packing already, he is now the "hometown" favorite.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'll be cheering for him, too.

Liked his stuff from "Road to the Runway", and during the actual first show, he came across to me as being somebody that actually has some ACTUAL common sense and logic behind his thought process.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I kept waiting for him to take his hearing implant out when he was in the sewing room and two others were arguing. He didn't disappoint me! I would have done the same thing. Why listen to all that drama if you don't have too!
    Florimel and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I wasn't surprised that he took out the sensor for his cochlear implant this past week, and doubt it'll be the first. Some may say that will be an advantage, but having worked with a few folks who have the devices, sometimes they use the peace and quiet because they occasionally hate the sound they receive through the device.

But here I don't blame him - it helped him focus on a wonderful dress.

I did notice that Justin still has an interpreter at some of the locations (i.e. the workroom when Tim is giving advice, on the runway). I'm guessing either his implant has trouble with some of the noises in the two areas, or they want to be doubly sure he understands what the challenge and advice is, even if he can hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I did notice that Justin still has an interpreter at some of the locations (i.e. the workroom when Tim is giving advice, on the runway). I'm guessing either his implant has trouble with some of the noises in the two areas, or they want to be doubly sure he understands what the challenge and advice is, even if he can hear it.
    Implants aren't perfect (even when there's no noise), so the Sign Language Interpreter guarantees that he doesn't miss anything.

And I'd bet that the interpreter is always there, even if we can't see her. (Actually, it's probably a "them", because SLIs typically work in pairs. An interpreter only signs for about 20 minutes before having to switch off.)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I found that scene amusing.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I am left wondering why we get closed caption for Justin but not for Sandro. I find the heavy Russian accent much harder to understand - especially when he's yelling like he was in the workroom. I still have no idea what he was saying.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread