+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Helen - S12

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Helen - S12

I'm not a fan of tattoos in general, but especially on women if they're on skin areas on public displays. I especially don't get why someone who is so into clothing would want so many tattoos. Instead of the body being a blank canvas on which to show off clothes, a lot of times tattoos clash with clothing - in color, pattern, and style.
    Florimel, Duckyface and Photobabe like this.

Remember, though, pattern scares Helen.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I love Helen. I really think AND Kate have the goods to make it in the biz. I agree with the assessment that Helen is just too young and needs to mature a bit. I think the same of Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I love Helen. I really think AND Kate have the goods to make it in the biz. I agree with the assessment that Helen is just too young and needs to mature a bit. I think the same of Kate.
    Now that you mention it, although I like Kate a lot better than Helen, I agree that she too is very young and may need to mature. I think Kate is further along in her work with design, though. Even though she is still capable of producing a bad effort now and then, to me her work overall was much more refined than Helen's. I agree with you that they will probably both do well. I hope so. Helen may need a slight attitude adjustment and some toughening up first. lol.
    NCLurker likes this.

FORT Fogey

The success that led Helen to the finals was largely due to the support she had from Tim and the others. She leaned heavily on them to make decisions and have confidence. She was a mess most of the time. It looks like she clutched when on her own. Tim tried to tell her, on the home visit, but she failed to pay attention.
    NCLurker and jucamer like this.

She did rely heavily on others, and wasn't what you might call emotionally strong. She fell apart so often and so easily!

It's in direct conflict with the persona she adopted in the video introducing her on the site. She seemed aggressive, tried to act tough, and I thought we had a real monster on our hands and she would create tons of drama with others. That was soooo not true! I remember laughing the first time she had interaction with Kate, I think it was, in a team challenge and she was very nice to her and not at all mean, as she had portrayed herself to be.

Helen was a bit too self-confident about her collection at the end. I guess all those wins made her think she was a favorite...I wonder if she ever realized how much Heidi was defending and favoring Alexandria.

Helen has a lot of growing up to do. I forget how old she is but she seems very, very young to me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Helen's info says she is 25 . . . certainly not "old", but old enough to be "mature". The tough-as-nails persona she showed us in the intro was what she was hoping to be.

Christian Siriano was 21 when he competed. We didn't see that kind of behavior from him.
    jucamer likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

People mature at different paces. A chronological number doesn't mean much, IMO. Some of the singing competition shows often have good examples. Some of the teens are way more mature and savvy than some of the older contestants.

I think Helen and Kate both have what it takes to be good designers. They just need to come into their own, i.e. develop their own personal aesthetics and be confident about them - and themselves. Then they need to be confident and smart enough to make adjustments with ease when needed to be commercial (assuming that's the direction they go in).

I think Alexandria nailed Helen. Here overconfidence masks major insecurity. The insecurity arises because she isn't "sure" about her designs. Things will get better when she develops vision and certainty.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-20-2013 at 11:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12