+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 5/02 PR11 Reunion Show Discussion

Re: 5/02 PR11 Reunion Show Discussion

Was there no fan favorite?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

No, there was no Fan Favorite - at least not that I am aware of. Usually, they post on Facebook and on Twitter to remind you - constantly - to vote. Didn't see it this season. My guess is that they didn't want a repeat of the Elena Scandal - which they NEVER addressed!

My dvr cut off the Reunion Show just as Amanda was in mid-sentence. I think she was about to tell us - once again - that her brother is in Maroon 5.

Did I miss anything important after that?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I've only watched about 20 minutes of this reunion. I find that the more I see of Michelle, the less I like her. Her ego is huge and she seems so self-involved.
    I've begun to believe that some of these "winners" are picked because they offer something new, YOUNG and different...and not just in their designs but in their appearance also. I fell that they manipulated Michelle's win because she's "edgy." Oh, and YOUNG.
    I hate that she won. I hate HOW she won. And I hate Teams.

I've been off for a while and was going to come on here just to say I was standing alone -- that after seeing the promos for the Reunion Show, I had absolutely NO interest in watching it.

Well, I'm happy to read I was not alone. I admit to flipping it back and forth to see if anyone would ever be talking and saying something that would grab my interest. It did not.
    It was pathetic. Hurtful. Spiteful. Ugly.

Then again, I guess it was the perfect ending.
    Florimel and Duckyface like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I've only watched about 20 minutes of this reunion. I find that the more I see of Michelle, the less I like her. Her ego is huge and she seems so self-involved.
    I've begun to believe that some of these "winners" are picked because they offer something new, YOUNG and different...and not just in their designs but in their appearance also. I fell that they manipulated Michelle's win because she's "edgy." Oh, and YOUNG.
    I hate that she won. I hate HOW she won. And I hate Teams.
    I started off thinking Michelle was one of those know-it-alls who thinks their opinions are all about how they think the world should work. She then displayed some objectivity and I cut her some slack. Now I'm on he fence. I think she still a bit of a know-it-all, but she admits fault where fault is due. What may come off as arrogance is, I think, a commitment to self confidence - which is a good thing and not always perceived as it should be for women.

She still does rub me the wrong way and I do think her "click" was a click that excluded some and allowed others. I like her work a lot, but not so much her.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I fell asleep. I must not have missed much, but I will be sure to catch it on repeat and watch it again if I can stay awake, lol.
    I was watching some youtube video of somebody interviewing Tim about the winner of that one season, Gretchen somebody I believe? and he was totally down on the other judges and said he thought somebody named Mondo should have won. Least I think that's what he said. He's so cute. He's funny!
    Yes, Gretchen - and probably the infamous "what were the judges smoking" type of interview. I sadly think that is what led to his blogs fading out - he was spot on because Gretchen was SO DATED it wasn't funny. Patricia's designs - love them or hate them, were a whole heck of a lot more innovative.

Actually, I agree. I did Youtube season 8 and caught a few episodes but not the whole season. From what I saw the judges really favored Gretchen heavily, even though I didn't see what they were seeing in the designs. Even early on, there was another female designer whom I believe was named Valerie, who I thought did better garments. But Gretchen won the first three in a row as far as I saw. And her stuff was bland and boring. Yes, Michelle's are better. I wish they had been able to post the whole season, as I was finding it interesting despite already getting angry at the favoritism shown to Gretchen. I did see her final collection, and I don't know why she won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Now I'm on he fence. I think she still a bit of a know-it-all, but she admits fault where fault is due. What may come off as arrogance is, I think, a commitment to self confidence - which is a good thing and not always perceived as it should be for women.
    I understand what you are saying here but I think you can be very self confident, and be a nice person and not arrogant. And I also don't think her ways are being interpreted as negative due to being a female. This does happen many times. MEn are often considered Assertive and a woman can be described as a B*tch if she acts the same way. I just don't think this is the case with Michelle.
    As far as I'm concerned, she was given that "second chance" deliberately so that she could be named the winner. She wasn't that outstanding that just had a bad break. She was no better than any of the other top 4. Like the others, she had some wonderful designs and some big flops....just like the rest of them.

I'd have to agree Michelle can come off as being somewhat cocky. I do not agree however that she is not better than any of the other designers. Patricia comes to mind. I do not think she has the same or equal talent for constructing garments as Michelle. Her stuff was way too messy and even though some might call her artistic, I don't think design in particular was her forte. This is a question which will always be subject to individual taste, though.

What was the Elena scandal?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast