+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #51
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,572

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Although a talented designer, Stanley surprised the heck out of me. I never expected him to be so unprepared both when he arrived in NYC and on the night of the fashion show. He did listen to the judges and improve his looks BUT at the expense of almost everyone behind the scenes at Lincoln Center that night. He should be ashamed of himself. I think Tim couldn't run fast enough to explain to the judges just how much work had to be done, with Stanley's collection, within an hour of the runway show. I think both Patricia and Michelle should be commended for helping Stanley as much as they did.
    This reminded me that I had one more thought regarding Stanley that I forgot to mention above. When he was frantically putting sewers to work behind the scenes I was thinking "Wow, it would be really embarrassing to the show to send out an unfinished collection." My next thought was "Wow, I bet it would be SO embarrassing that they would do just about anything to prevent that from happening." I wonder if the producers saw where he was heading and enlisted a small army of people assigned to him (far more than would normally be available) to make absolutely sure that they didn't end up looking foolish. For all we know, they could have also changed the presentation order and delayed the show for him!!
    Shoepie likes this.

  2. #52
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,444

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Michelle gave him half of her ten helpers, so there were about 15 floating around him with needles and pins. It was just sad that he couldn't delegate more to what's his face back in the workroom. He even admitted that being a lone wolf is sometimes detrimental.

    What I loved was that when Patricia's designs began walking the runway, Michael's jaw dropped and the camera caught a few other open mouths in the audience. What do you want to bet that just her being on the show will open up whole new markets for the Native American modern designer. Perhaps they can move from boutiques in the southwest to national stores.

    Did any of you see clips of the Paris show for Fall? Nothing retail ready there...but, as with any runway, I suppose, one re-works the design when retail comes calling. First they need to be intrigued, then a conversation can begin.

    Congratulations to the second Portland girl to win PR. I really did like her hunter/steampunk profiles.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  3. #53
    FORT Fan kireelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    368

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I think I could have done without any of the 3 finalists. I liked some pieces of all collections but not the entire collection.

    I'm not a Michelle fan, but her collection was the best of the 3.
    Duckyface likes this.

  4. #54
    Go Teams! inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,368

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I have a different take on Stanley. Some people just plain struggle working with others. If this is an ingrained part of his personality, he may have worked really hard during this show to collaborate with the other designers when he was in a team situation. The only time I recall seeing him REALLY demanding was when he was working with Tu, and in that case Tu was not his teammate, he was there to help execute Stanley's vision.

    I liked Stanley and I was disappointed that his runway collection was so unfinished when he arrived and that it was so boring.

    I don't like Michelle, but between her and Patricia I thought she deserved the win. Her collection was cohesive, interesting, and extremely well made. I liked the steampunk vibe it gave off. I liked Patricia's collection much more than I thought I would and I'm glad that she got positive feedback from the judges.

    Was anyone else bothered by Heidi's makeup at the final runway and judging? I can't figure out exactly what was different, but I didn't think it flattered her at all! She looked tired and shiny to me. I also hated the weird red under-eyelid eyeshadow stuff that Michelle had going on in the workroom segment before they packed up for the runway. It looked like she had severe allergies and had been up all night rubbing her eyes!
    Yes, I noticed Heidi. It was her eye makeup or lack of.
    Dragonlady likes this.

  5. #55
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    677

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    The judges were very kind to Patricia, and very harsh with Stanley. I don't think he deserved that. His pieces might not be modern enough for the judges tastes, but you have to admit they are beautiful to look at and are well made. Patricia's on the other hand....well to me they looked horribly made, like maybe they would come apart easily or were already torn here and there. I'll never understand Heidi's insistence that she loved Patricia's designs. Can you see her wearing any of it? Except for the blue mini, I can't. I'm glad it wasn't Heidi's decision alone; I think it was a good thing that the judges actually reined in a bit on the awarding of "artistic" over wearable. I'm an artist myself, and I don't think modern and weird have to go hand in hand.
    ETA: I have to say I was shocked that the judges were so kind about Patricia's stuff. Especially Michael Kors! I could not believe he actually liked that awful blue plaid shirt with those icky shorts. Tim Gunn didn't like those and told her so! I guess the shirt was wearable, though.

    Stanley is not a likable guy, and apparently he doesn't like people, lol. But his dresses were lovely. I liked the colors and fabrics. I would wear many of them, if I had anyplace to wear them. I would only wear Patricia's blue mini and maybe one other. (when i say i would wear any of the pieces i am talking about if i were the right age)The blue mini was the favorite of the judges; it was also the shape that was least weird and could have been made by anyone. It didn't fit in with the rest of her collection. Michelle's I liked many but wouldn't wear too many of them either, because the shapes aren't necessarily good on all body types. Michelle won I think because she shook out somewhere in the middle between Stanley being too old school and Patricia being too out there. Sort of a logical choice. But her garments look well made too.

    Lisa seems to have much more confidence than she did on ANTM. Good for her.
    Last edited by lilymax; 04-27-2013 at 02:52 AM.

  6. #56
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    This reminded me that I had one more thought regarding Stanley that I forgot to mention above. When he was frantically putting sewers to work behind the scenes I was thinking "Wow, it would be really embarrassing to the show to send out an unfinished collection." My next thought was "Wow, I bet it would be SO embarrassing that they would do just about anything to prevent that from happening." I wonder if the producers saw where he was heading and enlisted a small army of people assigned to him (far more than would normally be available) to make absolutely sure that they didn't end up looking foolish. For all we know, they could have also changed the presentation order and delayed the show for him!!
    Good point. I think you are right; they enlisted help at zero hour to get him on the runway.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    This reminded me that I had one more thought regarding Stanley that I forgot to mention above. When he was frantically putting sewers to work behind the scenes I was thinking "Wow, it would be really embarrassing to the show to send out an unfinished collection." My next thought was "Wow, I bet it would be SO embarrassing that they would do just about anything to prevent that from happening." I wonder if the producers saw where he was heading and enlisted a small army of people assigned to him (far more than would normally be available) to make absolutely sure that they didn't end up looking foolish. For all we know, they could have also changed the presentation order and delayed the show for him!!
    Good point. I bet they did just that.

    He was dismissed very quickly with little fan fare at the final judging and I am sure he expected it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    This reminded me that I had one more thought regarding Stanley that I forgot to mention above. When he was frantically putting sewers to work behind the scenes I was thinking "Wow, it would be really embarrassing to the show to send out an unfinished collection." My next thought was "Wow, I bet it would be SO embarrassing that they would do just about anything to prevent that from happening." I wonder if the producers saw where he was heading and enlisted a small army of people assigned to him (far more than would normally be available) to make absolutely sure that they didn't end up looking foolish. For all we know, they could have also changed the presentation order and delayed the show for him!!
    Good point and I bet your are right. He showed up with not one garment finished never mind some that had not been started.

    They dismissed him very quickly in the final judging round with little good to say. They didn't even bother with the suspense usually present.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-27-2013 at 04:45 PM.

  7. #57
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,951
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    The judges were very kind to Patricia, and very harsh with Stanley. I don't think he deserved that. His pieces might not be modern enough for the judges tastes, but you have to admit they are beautiful to look at and are well made. Patricia's on the other hand....well to me they looked horribly made, like maybe they would come apart easily or were already torn here and there. I'll never understand Heidi's insistence that she loved Patricia's designs. Can you see her wearing any of it? Except for the blue mini, I can't. I'm glad it wasn't Heidi's decision alone; I think it was a good thing that the judges actually reined in a bit on the awarding of "artistic" over wearable. I'm an artist myself, and I don't think modern and weird have to go hand in hand.
    ETA: I have to say I was shocked that the judges were so kind about Patricia's stuff. Especially Michael Kors! I could not believe he actually liked that awful blue plaid shirt with those icky shorts. Tim Gunn didn't like those and told her so! I guess the shirt was wearable, though.
    The reason the judges liked that blue plaid "shirt" is that it was made out of leather and not fabric and made to have a fabric like look. They were in awe of Patricia's fabric manipulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post

    Stanley is not a likable guy, and apparently he doesn't like people, lol. But his dresses were lovely. I liked the colors and fabrics. I would wear many of them, if I had anyplace to wear them. I would only wear Patricia's blue mini and maybe one other. (when i say i would wear any of the pieces i am talking about if i were the right age)The blue mini was the favorite of the judges; it was also the shape that was least weird and could have been made by anyone. It didn't fit in with the rest of her collection. Michelle's I liked many but wouldn't wear too many of them either, because the shapes aren't necessarily good on all body types. Michelle won I think because she shook out somewhere in the middle between Stanley being too old school and Patricia being too out there. Sort of a logical choice. But her garments look well made too.

    Lisa seems to have much more confidence than she did on ANTM. Good for her.
    While I loved the silver beaded top and skirt and was OK with his evening gown, I hated his gold lame housecoat and that garbage bag he made the one girl wear. The boxy shapes of many of his pieces even made the models look big can you imagine those pieces on a normal sized person?

    I am glad it turned into a two woman finale as Patricia and Michelle had the two best collections of the final 4 and 3. I do think that if Daniel had presented more of his red and white in the mini runway then it would have been a tighter race between that said. While I had hoped that Patricia would have won I can't say that Michelle didn't deserve it, she just has a nasty tongue and no matter of justification will change that. But there are a lot of nasty people that create beautiful things. I am just glad that it looked as if Patricia had found her spiritual center and focus again.

    Well, that's done. I was so over this season and looking forward to the finale but the previews for the reunion show look so delicious that I am reserving the family room for viewing that episode hopefully it will not disappoint.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-27-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #58
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    677

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The reason the judges liked that blue plaid "shirt" is that it was made out of leather and not fabric and made to have a fabric like look. They were in awe of Patricia's fabric manipulation.



    While I loved the silver beaded top and skirt and was OK with his evening gown, I hated his gold lame housecoat and that garbage bag he made the one girl wear. The boxy shapes of many of his pieces even made the models look big can you imagine those pieces on a normal sized person?
    Yeah I didn't care for the huge baggy gold dress, but I loved the pale silver/gold short dress with the print at the bottom, and that dress would look lovely on a number of people. It just goes to show you how differently people view things. To me, Stanley's shapes appeared as though they would be more flattering than Patricia's. Hers to me appear to be just a mess, lol. And I cannot imagine one person I know of who would look good in those awful black leather? shorts. I don't quite get the point of her making the shirt of leather. If it's going to have the appearance of a flannel plaid shirt, why not just make it out of flannel? The leather would be hot too, I'm thinking.

    I don't usually like the reunion shows very much but I'm sure I'll be watching. And yes, Michelle can be nasty. I find her confusing though as I think she can also be very nice.

  9. #59
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,259

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    What I did not like most about Michelle, and there are many things I disliked including her designs, was that when she was on the bottom and apparently voted out, she went into the workroom and told everyone not to touch her. However, when they all came back to start putting together their finale outfits, she jumped to ask for hugs from the others. That shouts hypocrite to me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  10. #60
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Watched this today..finally.
    just a couple things I'd like to add:
    I was disappointed that Michelle won....I read the predictions here about that but dismissed them at first. Then she got that "2nd chance" which made me start to believe that it was planned.

    Her collections was very good and looked professionally done very well. To me, it was too much of a Hipster/Steampunk style...too costume-y for me.

    I dislike that cohesion plays such a big part of their judging. Cohesion can be learned....but talent can't be. Patricia needs guidance because I think her talent is wonderful and unique.

    I dislike that so much emphasis is put on "youth, "young" as if that's the main criteria for fashion. I think Taste is far more important. And does that mean that us old people won't be able to buy these clothes because then we'll just look like "old people trying to look young??" Are we supposed to give up fashion because we are no longer Young?

    Michele did NOT deserve that 2nd chance.....many other designers on this and other seasons were far better than her and they were eliminated with no 2nd chance. Their "Plan" for who was to win this season was not very well disguised and that makes me angry. I know there is scripting involved but this took away any belief that I had that it was a contest for the most talented designer.

    I truly loved this show............long ago. Now I just will watch to see the interactions between the designers....and hope that it is real and not scripted.
    I'm probably wrong on that also.
    Still love Tim. Always will.

    Also I didn't like how they created Heidi's Look this episode. She had dark red lips and no eye makeup at all! I didn't even see blusher on her. I know if you wear a strong lip color, you should keep the eye makeup simple but she looked awful....and that's hard to do when you look like her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.