+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 4/25 Project Runway 11 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thanks for spoiling. I won't bother staying up to watch her gloat.
    jucamer likes this.

Re: *Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (Spoilers & Speculation)*

Congrats to Michelle! And I'm happy for Patricia making it so far.
    Cootie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm glad they didn't give it to Patricia. Her stuff looked a mess to me on the runway and it's not wearable.

I liked Stanley's collection so I guess I'm officially old. I liked Michelle's too, and I loved her music. Does anybody know what piece of music she was using for runway?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Congrats to Michelle! And I'm happy for Patricia making it so far.
    Ditto! And the reunion next week looks like it's going to be a snarky good time! And Daniel finally shaved off that curly-Q mustache that drove me crazy all season!
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.

After her crowning, I believe I heard Michelle say something like, "If I can make it through all these challenges..." -- and all I can think is, but YOU DIDN'T.

I say this as one who never minded Michelle and find her style/collection interesting. I just didn't like how the season was unveiled week to week.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    Ditto! And the reunion next week looks like it's going to be a snarky good time! And Daniel finally shaved off that curly-Q mustache that drove me crazy all season!
    He looks like Fred Armisen from SNL now!
    Cootie and straycat80 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so disappointed that Stanley didn't win but it's his own fault for choking during the final challenge.

Of the two ladies, I'm glad Michelle won over Patricia. Patricia has had some seriously fugly stuff go down the runway this season. I liked the beginning part of her collection but not the horsehair stuff. I did like that, unlike the other two designers, Patricia introduced herself and explained a bit about what her collection represented (even though I don't see what trees had to do with her looks). I don't mind the blue dress with the micah chips but I HATE that Dr. Seuss inspired headpiece with a passion! In fact, I didn't like any of her headpieces.

I think Michelle's little speech about being the lone wolf separated from its pack going in for the kill was the final straw that tipped the judges over in her favor. But I can't fault her for that. In the real world, a designer has to sell their looks not just by sight but verbally so it's good that Michelle has that skill, unlike anti-social Stanley.

Overall, it was a disappointing season for me. I wish Samantha could have made it the finale because I would like to have seen what type of collection she would have made. If I was a judge, Patricia would never have made it past the first few weeks on the show. I get that the judges like to see something original but to me it also has to be appealing to the eye and wearable for the average woman in everyday life and Patricia's fashions are neither of those.
    Kip, Shoepie, straycat80 and 1 others like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

For the second time in the same year - this show had RIGGED it for whom they wanted to win.

First - it was Anthony Ryan with a HIDEOUS dress that even a first year designer student with a concussion and amnesia could've sewn better being saved and then win in the "all-star season" (and yes, I know it'd been Emilio out that challenge, but let's face it - Emilio MADE a dress - AR's looked like he wrapped the girl in the fabric, added a belt and a "V" collar and declared it a dress).

Now - it's a designer who IGNORED the request of the client in a challenge (NO pants) and what she showed would NOT photograph well in those colors (well lack of - they were neutral - black and white), and SHOULD'VE gone home for that, and she wins.

Look - I love Patricia's designs I admit that, and will say that her runway was a little bit off in cohesiveness, but SHE was not eliminated or "Saved" by the judges, and most likely would've been out had they voted her dress the worst in the "Jordana Brewster" challenge and not "saved."

Stanley - same thing.

Daniel - Same thing.

This show has clearly jumped the shark.

The only plus is that Lisa wins, but that's the only plus - though even there it's not much.

I'm kinda hoping the "finale" part they mention is literally such - because if they're going to blatantly show who is going to win this season by saving them when they FAIL a challenge so bad (and they have twice now) then it deserves to be canceled.

To me it's almost as bad as "Manhunt" - but even there "Manhunt" still wins as the most rigged show because they allegedly refilmed stuff to have a different winner.
    jucamer likes this.

I think the most interesting evolution during this season has been the relationship between Michelle and Patricia. It seems that they have finally bonded. I didn't see that possibility early on. I liked this season and have liked something from all the past seasons. Sewing and designing fascinate me. Too bad tv drama, product placement and ridiculous challenges have to get in the way from time to time.
    Kip likes this.

I actually liked most of Michelle's clothes. What I did not like was her belief that she was so very unique and radical when in truth it was very 80s inspired, and reminded me of everything Seth Aaron made, or looked like a costume for the Hunger Games. All very cool stuff, but certainly not innovative. The bleeding heart sweater looked like a nice sweater that a 6th grader tried to personalize with melted crayons after a childish break-up. Even the way she spoke was very 80's. I'm sure I would have loved her back then.
    NFL1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast