+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 4/18 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

4/18 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Finale Part 1" The designers go home to work on their collections, Tim takes some road trips, and then they all meet back in New York to receive the final twist. (Have we been here before?)

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 4/18 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just watched the runway show impressed with Michelle and Patricia, ok with Daniel and don't like Stanley's...like his show stopper dress but without the jacket. Hope he is eliminated.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am looking forward to this one! Thanks for the comments, I have a couple of hours to go before it airs here. It is surprising that Stanley's collection was not that great? It seems unlikely that they would eliminate him after being so strong all season. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Though it does say spoilers in the header - there are spoilers ahead:

I'm happy for two of the final three - Patricia and Michelle really did have the best runways and deserved their spots.

Stanley and Daniel I hate saying it but seriously I was embarrassed with seeing them: They had the SAME amount of time as the two girls and they do ho-hum designs really. I liked Stanley's final outfit but that was it.

I know many people are not fans of Michelle - and I'm not one of them - but I felt that her congratulating Patricia was more genuine that we're to take. The show could've easily eliminated Patricia and just essentially handed Michelle the win, now she has to prove she's the best of the best of the final three. Have to give her some props there if this is true - because there is no joy in winning a contest that is obviously a cake walk, which is what would've happened IMHO had it been Stanley, Daniel, and Michelle.

Will give this much to Daniel - he exited with class, and he's right in that you're never too old to try something new.
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

I felt bad for Daniel, especially considering how gracious he was about his exit. I wish he'd shown some of his red pieces. It might have made a difference, though, honestly, I think they were ready to let him go before they even saw his stuff. Personally, I thought Stanley's designs were the worst of the evening, but they wanted to keep him around based on what they'd seen from him lately.

I knew they'd love Michelle's line when they saw it, though it seemed kind of costumey to me (what they were interpreting as "tricky," I guess). I did like the wolf design she worked into that sweater, however. Patricia's designs continue to drive me nuts, because they seem like ersatz Native American to me. I liked the eagle feather inspired scarf and that was about it. As for her referring to that Seussical hat being inspired by a women's roach headpiece...I'm sorry, no. I had never seen a roach headpiece that was that shape, let alone that color, and just to be sure, I looked for roach headdresses on-line, and they just don't look like that, regardless of the tribe. I guess "inspired by" could be taken loosely, but every time I see her things I think they look like something a tourist would think looked western or Native but really don't. Really, Heidi, there are more impressive Native American artists--lots of them--that could really knock your socks off if you're that intrigued by Patricia's designs.

I still don't get Patricia. Ugh! And I wish they would've just crowned Michelle as the winner. I hated her mini collection. It's so obvious they want her to win.

It is on here at last. I love the home visits! Patricia certainly has a beautiful studio to work in. Funny moments with Michelle and her family. She worked in the wine industry for 10 years as it turns out. Michelle's studio is more of a starving artist type space. I like it as well as Michelle's. I don't really get the breast plate thing but I get that it is fashionable.

Daniel's hair on his home visit is the most noteworthy part - his at-home look I guess because his slicked look comes back later on...I'm not sure I like either look? Maybe something in between? ETA - Looks like I got my wish - I do like his more curly but not fake wig curly hair when Tim Gunn is explaining the challenge.
    Last edited by Cootie; 04-19-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I felt bad for Daniel, especially considering how gracious he was about his exit. I wish he'd shown some of his red pieces. It might have made a difference, though, honestly, I think they were ready to let him go before they even saw his stuff. Personally, I thought Stanley's designs were the worst of the evening, but they wanted to keep him around based on what they'd seen from him lately....
    I agree.

What Daniel showed looked so different than what we saw at Tim's visit.

I liked Michelle's coat and white pants, and the sweater. I hated the chaps.

I was surprised to like all of Patricia's looks, having liked so few of her designs up until this point.

I was surprised at how dull and dated Stanley's designs were.

What Daniel showed definitely wasn't the same ones we saw on Tim's visit. And why are they all black? His pieces had some accents of color (red, white, blue etc..) and he also changed his inspiration. Whatever happened to the Salvador Dali/Universe/Berlin theme? Next thing you know, it changed to the sting ray motif. I think he ran out of ideas and need other people to help him out with being creative. He's actually the least I like among the top 4 in terms of personality. I would have preferred Layana in his place. Actually I don't really like most of the designers this season especially Richard and they keep bringing him back...ugh!! Stanley is too serious and don't like him to win. I also didn't think Patricia would have survived this far if they were not grouped into teams.

Anyway, I think it's going to be between Michelle and Stanley but Michelle is my favorite to win. I know they wanted her in the finale that's why they gave her a 2nd chance.

Very sad that Daniel didn't get to stay and Stanley did. Really based on the Runway Collections thread it didn't look as if Stanley changed the gold dresses at all and they do make his super skinny models look wide and not in a good way. Totally agree with the judges that his proportions are all messed up.

I am OK with either a Michelle or Patricia win with preference to Patricia.

Nice to see Michelle give credit to Joe for her sweater designs they are fabulous.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast