+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 4/18 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/18 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Well she must be doing something right if you can judge from the size of her studio space. She is selling her clothes and more power to her if she makes a living of it. The fact that she made it on the show is huge plus for her and if the producers choose to constantly push the Native American angle, even more good. I certainly was not aware of it. While not all the posters who are fans of Native American art are fans of Patricia, she is the one that got picked to be on this show and is representing her culture that is a great positive and it baffles me all the Patricia bashers who constantly post that she is not a shining example of Native American design. Well post some links to folks who are, name some names. All I have read is she is not all that and not read about anyone who is all that.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-21-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Florimel, Arielflies and justCoz like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    You're thinking of Christian Siriano. To me, he has been one of the most talented designers this show has had and I just love his personality. I know I could never wear any of his clothes - but they are gorgeous. He has dressed an number of red carpet events recently - I'm happy for him. I'm up there in age as well (53) and do agree with you about the evening wear designs - those are my favorite
    Thanks...you're right, it was Christian! I don't know why but I can never remember his name. I too thought he was a wonderful young designer with a neat personality. I am glad to hear he is doing well. You and I are the same age, btw. Every time they show his season and I watch, I find myself wondering how he is doing.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Well she must be doing something right if you can judge from the size of her studio space. She is selling her clothes and more power to her if she makes a living of it. The fact that she made it on the show is huge plus for her and if the producers choose to constantly push the Native American angle, even more good. I certainly was not aware of it. While not all the posters who are fans of Native American art are fans of Patricia, she is the one that got picked to be on this show and is representing her culture that is a great positive and it baffles me all the Patricia bashers who constantly post that she is not a shining example of Native American design. Well post some links to folks who are, name some names. All I have read is she is not all that and not read about anyone who is all that.
    I can only speak for myself, but for me it's not really about who/what she represents. My having stated that her designs aren't that great has probably less to do with her being Native American than being what in my opinion is just a not-so-great designer. If I was familiar with any Native American designers who do better work, I would mention them, but I'm not...that's not an area of interest for me (probably because I live in an area where Native American art is everywhere and so it isn't a novelty or anything new for me).

The producers probably don't always pick the best designers in any given group. It's no different with Patricia. I don't really mean to bash her when I criticize her work, it's just my opinion of what she is putting out there for everybody to see. Same as with any show that's a competition, Patricia is fair game for critique just as the others are. And they get bashed too. It's not like she's being bashed BECAUSE she's Native American.

i still don't think she belongs in the final, but again that's only my opinion, and I respect the fact that yours may differ from mine. It's all good!

Yeah, I definitely was getting the impression that Patricia was been bashed for not being the best representation of a Native American designer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks for the links. I enjoyed them, especially the "street wear" items. I would buy a lot of them.
    I do think Patricia is talented but she's very scattered, manages her time badly and has only shown sparks of really great things. She needs more time and someone to help guide her and develop what she has.
    At the moment, she's not a great fashion designer and not quite a great craft-er but I think she could be with help.

I don't get Michelle's breastplate pieces, but I guess they work on chesty-less women. I actually liked Patricia's horse hair jacket but then I love some western wear styles. Stanley's dress was nice but too long.
    My daughter still wants the yellow plaid coat that Seth Aaron showed.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I went back and looked at Patricia's entire collection from this past season and I really liked most of it. I love how she manipulates the material to create interesting and attractive fabrics. Don't care if they are labeled Native American, regular American or whatever. Her looks are those that I would pause on a page in a catalog to really examine.

Now Michelle - while she has had some interesting pieces, I think she relies a little too heavily on the breast plate look. Almost wondering if she always wanted to be a kick ass warrior princess or something. Some of her stuff that the judges have praised got raised eyebrows from me, but then again I'm in the category that a number of you appear to be in that likes to present ourselves as stylishly classy instead of "bam, look at me!!! in your face" that designers like Michelle seem to emulate. (Love the vintage looks of the 50's and 60's, would just tweak them a little bit in the length, etc. to update.) So....nah, Michelle's stuff doesn't really do it for me.

I think Daniel crashed and burned this week. When Tim visited him in Austin his collection looked good - wth happened??

Stanley, overall throughout the season has created some nicely put together looks. But he does skew a little long with the dresses and skirts. Just above the knee would have looked a lot better, IMO, on a lot of them.

I always want to see more color on this program and then we end up getting a lot of black outfits that just don't do it for me. And I like one or two black shirts, skirts, dresses, etc. as much as anybody. If you're gonna have a black skirt, shirt or dress, pair it with a colorful jacket or shrug! Or put the color in the main outfit and reserve the black for the little jacket. They default to totally black way, way too much!!

Hoping for a Patricia or Stanley win. Won't be upset with Michelle, but wouldn't go out of my way to seek out her fashions. With the other two I would.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345