+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 4/11 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I must just be too much of a jeans and t-shirt kind-of girl if this is what passes as fashion. I was really disappointed that these designers got flown to the most vibrant and trendy cities and they couldn't come up with anything with color? Stanley- all black. Daniel- black and white. Layana-black and white. Michele- black (and diarrhea brown) and grey. Patricia tried to use color, but on the runway it was so muted it just looked white. Here are my thoughts:

Stanley....snoozefest. The dress was fine. The capelet was fine, but I didn't think any of it was modern- it looked old fashioned. I could just picture a woman of high society walking along cobblestones going to attend a funereal of someone who had died of the Plague or something. She just needed a bonnet. I also can't believe he spent $800 on fabric that he used to peek out of the bottom of the dress.

Layana- I actually really liked her jacket and thought the judges would rave over it. I guess that shows what I know. I thought the black part at the top near the neck should have been tossed so the pink undershirt could have shown through. Her pink sleeves were too long, but otherwise I liked it. I didn't like her- she came across as a princess- but I liked her look for the most part.

Daniel- I was happy to see him do something very 'un-Daniel' and young it up a bit. I thought he would get crucified for working with vinyl, but the judges seemed ok with it. I didn't hate it and I could definitely see Germany in it (I think it was the hairstyle of the model), but it was just ok.

Patricia- Lordy I don't really think I can recall a single design she has made that I have liked. I can appreciate her ability to make textiles, and sometimes those textiles are pretty awesome, but the clothing she makes with them are just hideous. When I saw her sketch last night I thought it looked really nice, but then it walked the runway and it was awful! The leather cowl just looked glued on and out of place. Maybe I just don't get her.

Michelle- I want to like her because I think she is a good designer, but her snarky remarks and 'poor me' attitude last night and throughout the season have put me off. I have liked a lot of the things she has made and can appreciate the workmanship that goes into them, but some of her garments are really hideous. Last night was one of the. The breastplate was well sewn- but who wears a breastplate??! Also, that grey dress underneath just looked like she draped and pinned an army blanket around the poor model. I loved how the judges oohed an ahhed when she took the breastplate off. Really? It was a grey sack! It looked really heavy too, although I know cashmere is not. I totally didn't get her look either.

And why do these designers get so blubbery that 'they aren't showing at Fashion Week'. We all know by now that there are decoy collections, so they are infact showing. Is it because the viewing audience won't see their designs? Who cares? The important people in the fashion world see them, and that's the most important part isn't it?
    Last night was my first viewing this season, so I have no idea about personality, past work, etc. I do agree with all of your comments on the designs from last night. I thought something was wrong with me.

That long, black thing was straight out of the wardrobe department from a Dracula movie. And they thought that was sexy, but not the black and white coat? I must be totally off. lol

The white pleather jacket over black was okay, but OMG, how many tiimes have we seen that same thing? Only thousands of times.

Needless to say, I think most of them have nowhere to go but up.
    Maybaybie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco View Post
    I think I'm the only fan of Michelle's designs. I think she has an exceptional eye for proportion, color, and style. She made a blunder by not following Nina's directive last week but the "t shirt and pants" she came up with were exceptionally designed and exquisitely executed. Her leather and cashmere dress this week was the only WOW number on the runway this week and I thought it was fashion forward, luxurious and stunning. I really hope she wins the season.
    Michelle's dress did look good on the runway, while the cashmere draping did look a bit off, the dress without he harness looked bad.

Patricia doesn't belong in this competition at all. Her textiles are interesting but she hasn't made a single design that makes a woman look good or even interesting. Clearly Heidi owns this show and her opinion trumps Nina's, which is why Patricia is still in this competition. Daniel and Stanley are good craftsmen but not original designers.

Interesting how last week all the drama was about how awful Stanley and Richard were as collaborators with Tu and Patricia, and there wasn't even a whiff of that this week.

Heidi has no personality and no taste. She's one lucky b***h having this show.
    Well she must be doing something right as she earned $20 million dollars from 2010 - 2011, is an executive producer for Project Runway and produces and hosts Germany's Next Top Model for 6 seasons is going to be a judge on The X Factor and has a jewelry line and several clothing lines and also making ads for McDonald's and Volkswagen in Germany.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quick takes, observations and thoughts . . .

STANLEY - Debb, bless your heart, you beat me to it with your Dracula reference! I was NOT impressed. I thought his outfit made his model look like an escapee from a vampires' ball, myself. ESPECIALLY with that black birdcage he had her sporting.

DANIEL - Liked it. Not wild about the pleather, but if that was all he could get his hands on at the time, so be it.

MICHELLE - It's pretty obvious to me (and a few others, I think) that she's this year's Jeffrey. I'm sorry. While I do understand what she was supposed to be going for, that dress kind of just looked to me like a lampshade that'd had the wire taken out of it. As for the breastplate? Frankly, I wasn't wild about that, either, and I didn't care at all for how it seemed to gap up at the top under the model's neck/chin. Hell, if she'd been a squirrel, the inside of the breastplate would've been the PERFECT place to store some leftover nuts. And, no, I DIDN'T like the way that two-faced bitch ran up to Patricia in the waiting room after P came in and said she'd been saved and gave her a bear hug. After all the $#!+ she's talked about Patricia behind her back in PIs, she has got balls that haven't even been INVENTED yet. PLUS, she was the one who basically told Patricia to go do herself when Patricia came up and hugged her after last week's runway. Most likely, she felt guilty about how she'd turned Patricia off. I can't believe she hugged her 'cause she cared and was actually glad to see she was safe.

PATRICIA - For the most part, like her, and like her stuff. However, if she'd gotten rid of that black cowl/ring collar at the top of that blouse, that wouldn't've caused me to turn one hair. I got the idea of what she was going for, and the blouse DID speak "Paris graffiti" to me. The shaping of the blouse I found interesting (shall we say), but although I liked the layered look of the textile, frankly, I can't sit and say that's something I'd ever voluntarily go out and spend my money on. I'm glad Heidi fought for her, because frankly, I'll take her ANY day over Layana or Michelle. Also, frankly, I think she'd make a flat-out KILLING just dealing in textiles, rather than straight-up clothes design. Haven't seen the Fashion Week runway pics, yet, but I'll take the word of you guys who HAVE seen it that this lady can design. STILL think her true calling might be in whipping up textiles, though. And I DO think her having more time to actually work her textiles like she wants to and needs to will serve her well in her Fashion Week collection.

LAYANA - Hot DAMN, she got auf'ed! It COULDN'T have happened to a more deserving person! With the possible exception of Michelle, that is. I thought that jacket DID rather resemble a housecoat. And those LONG, LONG swinging ends/ruffled cuffs on that blouse? Oh. My. GOD. And Layana LIKED the jacket? Well, good for her, 'cause apparently few --- if any --- other people did. She SHOULD'VE cut those ruffled cuffs shorter. They resembled built-in furniture dusters, to me. With the exclusion of the actual furniture polish on 'em, that is. And all that boo-hooing, hollering and crying? Then sitting up basically Crazy-Glued to her road dog, Michelle?

Please.

Well, let's see what goes on NEXT week!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Not Dracula . . . Morticia Addams!
    ness and straycat80 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Not Dracula . . . Morticia Addams!
    LOLOLOLOL!!!!

TOO true!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I can't believe that no one called Nina out for her ridiculous statement that "Fashion is not Art". Tell that to whomever booked Alexander McQueen's recent exhibits at several museums. What was she thinking? Fashion is unequivocally art!

It was indeed a ridiculous statement, one of many Nina has made this season out of her personal bias for/against certain designers when supposedly critiquing their work. It was especially ridiculous considering the show throws "avant garde" challenges at the designers more than once each season.

I think if Michael were there, he would have taken exception to it when she said it.
    ladygreco likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

JMHO . . .

Since Michael's not been around this season, the way I perceive Nina is and has been that she feels she can/has to/needs to step up to the plate as "The Resident Fashion Oracle" on PR. She's had, what?, 30-some years to Zac's, what? twelve?, in the fashion industry? So, for THAT reason alone, she seems to think SHE'S the be-all, end-all font of fashion knowledge on the show, since Michael's no longer present and accounted for.

At least, that's the way she's coming across to Yours Truly.

Couple of problems for Nina, though . . .

1. Michael CLEARLY knew how to snip and snap, get his points across, and verbally cut somebody to within an inch of their life, if they opened the door for him to run through. Nina wasn't stupid enough to try to take HIM on. Plus, he'd had/has approximately as much time in the fashion trenches as SHE has (from a different angle, of course), so there'd be no WAY she'd be ignorant enough to try to take HIM on in a verbal smackdown. She had THAT much sense, anyway.

2, Zac's number of years in the fashion industry makes him a toddler, when you compare his years in the trenches to hers. However, total number of years in the industry notwithstanding, Zac has MORE than proven that he's no slouch, no overnight, one-hit wonder, and in his way, is ABSOLUTELY a force to be reckoned with in the industry. He's also got balls. I cracked UP laughing when Nina'd made some ridiculous statement during deliberations and Zac looked at her, then politely told her something to the effect of he respected that she had her opinion, however, HE happened NOT to agree with HER opinion, and so be it. And he did it with a smile, which Nina couldn't DARE come back at him for.

And SHE knew it, HE knew it, HEIDI knew it, and WE knew it, too.

Personally, I think she's let her years in the industry and fashion knowledge go to her head, and she's smelling herself, so to speak, on PR this year, since Michael's not around.

Not attractive, at ALL. And she makes herself look like a royal jackass, with some of her not-thought-about-before-spoken statements.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt, I think.
    Last edited by ness; 04-13-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    ladygreco and AZChristian like this.

I did not like Stanley's dress/cape at all. I didn't think there was anything new and different about any part of it. I think he wins by default all too often.

Michelle's dress was just ok and simply awful without the breast plate thingy.

Daniel. White pleather?? Really?? Ho hum design.

Layana's coat wasn't the worst of the bunch but I wasn't very impressed and the sleeve length of the blouse was ridiculous.

Patricia's final look was simply horrible. (Yes, I think she's great with creating new and interesting textiles but she's simply not a note worthy designer of clothing!) Heidi fought hard for Patricia and she won. Interesting. I actually think Patricia may end up winning this entire thing.....which, imo, is mind blowing.

Surprising how Michelle didn't mind "Hugs" on this episode. Before she always claimed she won't hug because she needs her personal space.
    Florimel, Photobabe and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast