+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 4/11 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't miss Michael Kors as a judge one bit. I think Zac (Not-Michael) has more constructive comments. MK got so full of himself in the past seasons.
    justCoz likes this.

I must just be too much of a jeans and t-shirt kind-of girl if this is what passes as fashion. I was really disappointed that these designers got flown to the most vibrant and trendy cities and they couldn't come up with anything with color? Stanley- all black. Daniel- black and white. Layana-black and white. Michele- black (and diarrhea brown) and grey. Patricia tried to use color, but on the runway it was so muted it just looked white. Here are my thoughts:

Stanley....snoozefest. The dress was fine. The capelet was fine, but I didn't think any of it was modern- it looked old fashioned. I could just picture a woman of high society walking along cobblestones going to attend a funereal of someone who had died of the Plague or something. She just needed a bonnet. I also can't believe he spent $800 on fabric that he used to peek out of the bottom of the dress.

Layana- I actually really liked her jacket and thought the judges would rave over it. I guess that shows what I know. I thought the black part at the top near the neck should have been tossed so the pink undershirt could have shown through. Her pink sleeves were too long, but otherwise I liked it. I didn't like her- she came across as a princess- but I liked her look for the most part.

Daniel- I was happy to see him do something very 'un-Daniel' and young it up a bit. I thought he would get crucified for working with vinyl, but the judges seemed ok with it. I didn't hate it and I could definitely see Germany in it (I think it was the hairstyle of the model), but it was just ok.

Patricia- Lordy I don't really think I can recall a single design she has made that I have liked. I can appreciate her ability to make textiles, and sometimes those textiles are pretty awesome, but the clothing she makes with them are just hideous. When I saw her sketch last night I thought it looked really nice, but then it walked the runway and it was awful! The leather cowl just looked glued on and out of place. Maybe I just don't get her.

Michelle- I want to like her because I think she is a good designer, but her snarky remarks and 'poor me' attitude last night and throughout the season have put me off. I have liked a lot of the things she has made and can appreciate the workmanship that goes into them, but some of her garments are really hideous. Last night was one of the. The breastplate was well sewn- but who wears a breastplate??! Also, that grey dress underneath just looked like she draped and pinned an army blanket around the poor model. I loved how the judges oohed an ahhed when she took the breastplate off. Really? It was a grey sack! It looked really heavy too, although I know cashmere is not. I totally didn't get her look either.

And why do these designers get so blubbery that 'they aren't showing at Fashion Week'. We all know by now that there are decoy collections, so they are infact showing. Is it because the viewing audience won't see their designs? Who cares? The important people in the fashion world see them, and that's the most important part isn't it?
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 04-12-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm also glad Layana didn't make it to Fashion Week. She's such a snob and thinks she's better than everyone else. It must kill her that Patricia made it to Fashion Week and she didn't. I liked her jacket better in the earlier stages, before she went crazy with the black strips. When I saw the outfit on her model, I thought it looked awful. I hadn't even noticed the sleeves until Zac pointed them out and that was even worse.

I never would have thought at the beginning of this season that Patricia would make it to Fashion Week. Usually the weirdo designers like her are eliminated early or disappear into the night. Heidi must be crazy if she actually liked Patricia's outfit this week. I thought it looked like toilet paper packed around her model and tinted slightly with watercolor paint. It was sooooo bad. I'm already cringing at the idea of what Patricia is going to present at Fashion Week. Maybe her line won't be shown on the show, though. Usually they have the last designers present a sample of their line and then one person is cut before the final fashion show.

I think Patricia is one of those designers who needs more time to create a beautiful garment because of all the complex techniques she uses in her fabric manipulation. In the beginning I liked quite a few of her pieces and then not so much. Still I have looked at the fashion collections already shown on the spoiler thread and Patricia can design clothes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Patricia is very good at the whole textile design. But that's it. I don't think she's a great fashion designer. She should make the textiles and leave the garment design and construction to someone else.

I agree about Michelle's attitude. Her snarkiness is just too much. I've been sick of her from the beginning. Ugh! I'm torn because if she didn't get in, then Layana would have.

Speaking of Layana, I really liked her jacket. The sleeves coming out were hideous. Wow! What a way to really screw up a nice jacket.

I think I'm the only fan of Michelle's designs. I think she has an exceptional eye for proportion, color, and style. She made a blunder by not following Nina's directive last week but the "t shirt and pants" she came up with were exceptionally designed and exquisitely executed. Her leather and cashmere dress this week was the only WOW number on the runway this week and I thought it was fashion forward, luxurious and stunning. I really hope she wins the season.

Patricia doesn't belong in this competition at all. Her textiles are interesting but she hasn't made a single design that makes a woman look good or even interesting. Clearly Heidi owns this show and her opinion trumps Nina's, which is why Patricia is still in this competition. Daniel and Stanley are good craftsmen but not original designers.

Interesting how last week all the drama was about how awful Stanley and Richard were as collaborators with Tu and Patricia, and there wasn't even a whiff of that this week.

Heidi has no personality and no taste. She's one lucky b***h having this show.
    krpink likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think Patricia is one of those designers who needs more time to create a beautiful garment because of all the complex techniques she uses in her fabric manipulation. In the beginning I liked quite a few of her pieces and then not so much. Still I have looked at the fashion collections already shown on the spoiler thread and Patricia can design clothes.
    I agree here, based on the two lines I see as being hers. But I have a feeling if she's as strong as Michelle and the other two are weaker AND Michelle is the anointed one, we'll see Patricia eliminated should they choose to do a final three.

Like I said I hated the cowl, and think the top would've been improved otherwise. I did however read Paris in it long distance with the puffy sleeve romanticism. I think that and Heidi wanting to see more dreams and less ready to wear based on her comments is why Patricia was saved.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco View Post
    I think I'm the only fan of Michelle's designs. I think she has an exceptional eye for proportion, color, and style. She made a blunder by not following Nina's directive last week but the "t shirt and pants" she came up with were exceptionally designed and exquisitely executed. Her leather and cashmere dress this week was the only WOW number on the runway this week and I thought it was fashion forward, luxurious and stunning. I really hope she wins the season.
    No you aren't the only one. I liked Michelle's design as I do Stanley. I don't get Patricia & never will.
    krpink likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I want to clarify something - I do like Michelle's designs. She's a strong designer and at least her attitude can be backed up with her work (unlike previous winners).

That said, it's very clear that they're pulling out all stops to allow her to win this contest, and to me that is unfair. In the real world, her completely disregarding a client's request on designs would cost her not just that job but others if the client is a big enough name where others ask about Michelle's references or previous experiences. Call it shallow there, but it can happen. She should've been eliminated and not given a second chance - that's why I don't want her to win, even though I do like Lisa.

At least though they didn't do what they did in the All-Stars season and send out bullhorn loud announcements that AR was going to win when he was saved over Emilio in the Military dresses when all AR did was wrap the woman in a few yards of cloth and added that bad collar to it while at least Emilio designed and cut an actual dress.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I get Patricia and am so happy she has a shot at showing. They could have cut two this episode, but didn't, so perhaps all four will show.

The problem I have is that she tries to drape a scarf or shawl to cover the neckline and unless Tim is there to talk her out of it...anyway, I wonder what her jacket turned blouse would have looked like without it; probably a cleaner line. I understand wanting to incorporate black somewhere up top to tie in with the black slacks, but I would have ditched it.

Happy with the final four...I hope Daniel can hang onto his inspiration. I think if they have anyone pegged - at this point it is Stanley. They even commented how the other designers respected him. I also got the vibe Michelle was after - with the grit and soot of New York and look forward to seeing what she considers fashion sportswear.

I understand Layana's inspiration, but agree that the finished jacket was too mature looking. If she had lowered the neckline and cut down those dreadful blouse sleeve cuffs, perhaps.

Going to be a fun show next week when anxiety ratchets up and we get to see them in their natural habitat.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast