+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 4/11 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Haven't seen this yet but holy moly! Michele for the winner??!!!
    I thought it was going downhill since the Lifetime move but this seals it.

They didn't really like Michelle's look, but they kept trying to say nice things about it.

They didn't like Patricia's collage jacket at all. But Heidi and Not-Michael were sticking up for her in deliberations.

Prediction: Layana is so out. Stanley and Dynasty Daniel (ugh) move forward. Michelle and Patricia will both make collections, and one of them will make it to the final three when they return (a la Rami/Chris in season 4). We'll see after the commercial...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Stanley and Daniel are in. (No winner this week?)

Michelle is also in.

Layana is out, and Patricia is in! They're actually going to take a chance with an "arty" designer? Maybe it's because Michael isn't there, lol.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Stanley's dress is a child's simplistic idea of London as well, with the Sherlock Holmes cape. And the judges are fawning all over it! What the?

Layana's is a train wreck. And the judges can't deny it this time. Finally!
    I totally agree. I thought Stanley's capelet was hideous!! Ugh. I can't believe I am saying this, but I would chose to wear Patricia's jacket from all of the designs tonight. Meh...Mchelle's outfit was nothing special, sort of costume-ish.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Has there been a less-talented final five (or four) than this group?
    jmb likes this.

Designs tonight:

1. Say what you may about Daniel's outfit looking a bit dated - it DID look young and fresh and did fit the feeling he got from looking at the Berlin Wall in Germany... which is 1980s. The style - a bit modernized - is also in style at least in the area he's from (Northern Texas). He also created at least something interesting of this lot - and I liked the idea of creating the boots (though maybe not thigh-high).

2. Patricia's I'll give her in that she did too attempt to create something interesting. Did it work well? - not quite (I hated the cowl at the top, the print was nice). I'm glad Heidi stuck to her guns and kept in Patricia because she can see potential in her with the ability to have more time to design. She's a rare one in that she can put together items well but needs the time more for the textiles, not sewing. The timing on this show is what is causing her to focus on one or the other, creating subpar art. (Note, this may be just the artist inside me - though I'd qualify for "Project Accessory" if they still had it with my media - analyzing her).

3. Stanley - a snoozefest. I didn't read London and frankly I read "Could've saved the expense of him traveling to London if he was going to do that."

4. Layana - I dare say it, but I liked the coat and outfit. If she had done it in another color (and no cowl) I think she'd been safe. She was doomed though when she did the undershirt like she did - nice but didn't make for a cohesive outfit. Don't like her attitude... but I DO think she was gyped when compared to:

5. Michelle - one word - Rigged. I'm sorry, but the only thing luxurious in that outfit was the $500 in Cashmere... which I didn't even read when I saw that basic getup. The top was chintzy and boxy and the dress really had no shape. But they GUSH over it? I was glad that Patricia was given that last slot because I felt that when Michelle made it they were going to keep Layana when they did that.

If Michelle is NOT the winner of this season I will be surprised. Her being allowed to continue in spite of disobeying not only the head of a magazine's requests but a JUDGE who happens to be head of said company's request in a challenge, making an average outfit and yet still gets another chance then gets put in? - Why don't they paint the walls in neon signs and say "Michelle's the winner even if they all wore Carnival hats and nothing else."
    maude~flanders and Babbred like this.

This is so freaky. I remember on the old seasons, the judges seemed to be really into fashion and seemed to be truthful about what they liked and did not like. This does feel scripted. So strange.

I was underwhelmed. Thought I'd be the only one here who didn't like Stanley's design. I have to say though, what stands out to me the most is the way Heidi sticks up for Patricia! It's downright weird! I'm going back to another thread to take a look again, but I don't think that woman has done one thing all season that didn't look bad. I think she has talent but not as a designer. Patricia is from my state, not my town but my state. I still can't root for her. She bugs me the way she cries all the time, and I don't like her work at all.

I did like Daniel's design to some degree. I also sort of liked Michelle's. But every single one of them used black/neutrals, and nothing really stood out as fantastic.

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I was happy that Layana was out. I was hoping that her and Patricia would both be out, though. I guess Heidi gets more than one vote, lol. You can tell who she wants to win. And I don't think it's Michelle.

The designers are all annoying in some way. I'm rooting for Lisa the model this time. Go Lisa!!

So glad Layana is gone. I couldn't stand her attitude. Glad she got the boot when she did. Hurts more. Gosh, I'm so mean. ;-)

I must say I liked all the outfits that came down the runway because compared to what we have been seeing all season they seem finished and well made and well thought out. I was surprised at the backlash Layana received over her coat. How come one week a contestant is saved because they stand by their garment even if the judges hate it and other weeks the contestants are put down for standing by their work? Please judges make up your minds.

Glad that Heidi stood up for Patricia.

PS: I just wish they would show all the decoy collections during the finale it would be more fun that way.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

"It could be Arts and Crafts horror!" Nina 'The Voice Of Reason' Garcia

Still, I've disliked Layana since the second or third episode so I'm glad she's gone.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast