+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Finally watched this last episode. Just some thoughts of mine although everyone here has pretty much said it all.
    Stanley: His design was lovely, extremely well constructed, and was perfect for his client, Jordana. I'm just not sure it is as lovely as I thought but I can't help comparing it to the others......which were mostly awful. Anything would look good in comparison to the rest.
    Also, he was very unpleasant and demeaning to Tu but I think maybe Tu should have expressed his feelings. He didn't have to take that kind of treatment.

Layanna: yes, she's very young and she certainly shows that immaturity here. It's annoying and she's not as great as she thinks she is. She needs more time paying her dues. Liked the idea of the top being inspired by the Hearst building....you could really see that.

Daniel: I either love his designs or am left wondering what was he thinking!?! Beautifully constructed but those shoulders took away from the rest of it, making it just look odd and other worldly. I do like him a lot though. And it was Daniel that encouraged his partner, Samantha, to go offer help to Patricia since he didn't need her anymore.

Michelle: Her attitude stinks and not listening to the instructions is like a major mistake. She's very lucky they gave her another chance. Not sure she really deserved it.

Patricia: This woman is in the wrong place. She should be a textile designer more than a fashion designer. I know that it was extremely difficult to work with Richard.....he offered nothing. But I think she spent too much time stressing, moaning and crying about the situation instead of just taking charge and doing what she needed to do. The designers have created clothes on the same time allotment, without helpers. I think she just let the Richard-thing get to her and it threw her off completely. She lets her emotions sabotage her.
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Aaaaaand, the show has jumped the shark for the 20th time since moving to Lifetime.

What is this "last chance" BS for Michelle? They should have just kept her and sent Patricia home. Or even just sent Michelle home if they really felt she had the worst look (which she didn't). But to pull out yet another surprise exception to "you're in, and you're out" ticks me off. I wish Heidi would simply admit that she and Nina are completely biased, have no real guidelines they follow anymore, and pretty much run things, regardless of what the designers actually make from week to week. It's so ridiculous.

This is maybe the 10th "jump the shark" moment for PR since it moved to Lifetime. It would have made a little more sense if they kept Michelle and made this "last chance" offer to Patricia, since most of the reason her garment sucked was Richard's incompetence. But why put Michelle though that instead? Did they think that would make "better TV"? It didn't. This show makes no sense anymore.

I didn't think Stanley's was necessarily the best look -- I think he won by default.
    I think Michelle was rightly eliminated, but given a last chance because judges want her collection shown at Fashion Week. Who else, besides Stanley, can compete head-to-head against Patricia? Plus, the cummulative vs single challenge elimination criteria debate was settled seasons ago when MK and Nina openly dismissed Heidi's one week in/next week out point of view.

Obviously, I expect to see Patricia win this season, not so much for favoring her work, but for how the judges respond.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    . . . I expect to see Patricia win this season . . .
    When I read this, my first thought was "ryansmommy has lost her mind."

Then I remembered Wretchen.

If Patricia wins, I'm done with this as surely as I'm done with DWTS with no Maks. She seems to be a really nice person, and a good textile designer, but she is NOT a clothing designer, and should have been eliminated weeks ago.

Omg, what is this talk of Patricia possibly winning??? wow, that never occurred to me. Her stuff is just so bad, it doesn't even seem possible but now I think it is....given that the judges have saved her time and time again despite freakishly bad design work.

I think I might have to quit watching too. But then, if Layana wins I won't want to watch anymore either. This is so not a good season.

In fairness - Wretchen had the bad attitude AND the bad style. I feel in Patricia's case a lot of her designs are factoring in due to the gosh-awful and wreckless time frames these designers are put under. I say this because even the WORST I've seen on "Fashion Star" has NEVER been this bad (and I've seen bad ones), and they get a week to design.

(In defense I say this too for the other designers).

I also say this too when
    Click to see Spoiler:
    you look at the final runway walks and seeing which ones are most likely hers - 6 or 8 based on aspects we've seen this season - they're actually rather good.

I admit - I have liked most of her designs and textiles and can tell where work (or vengeful people such as Richard) factor in at least partially into her work.

Do I think she's the BEST designer? - no, but I think we're not fairly factoring strengths and weaknesses due to stuff beyond her (or any of them for that matter) control.
    Florimel, ness, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

Also, Fashion Star provides seamsters/seamstresses so the designers do not have to sew their creations. They just yell at the person behind the machine.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Patricia is the only consistently interesting designer for me. I look forward to what she will show us each week.

I would love to see an older woman win this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Patricia is the only consistently interesting designer for me. I look forward to what she will show us each week.

I would love to see an older woman win this.
    You have summed up my opinion of her very well - love her look or hate her look, they are interesting at the very least. Too many of the designers now just produce the same boring stuff we've seen in some form or fashion earlier in the season for them.

I do think all the designers left are good in their own way - and would be far better if they were given proper time to construct stuff.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Patricia is the only one I would look forward to seeing in the final. I hate Michelle's and Layana's personalities. I also don't Michelle's dresses have all that great. I love Daniel's personality, but his designs have disappointed me. I really liked Stanley until that fiasco with Tu. I find Patricia's designs creative and interesting, and I admire her perseverence in the face of all the cattiness she has received from M & L.

That being said, I do agree with those who said she should have taken command with Richard. I did wonder why she sat around moaning so much. I would have just pushed him out of the way and made the dress I wanted to make.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Patricia is the most talented person this season. But her talent lies mostly in textiles and "effects."
    Given the very short time they are given to produce something.........even though I don't think Patricia can manage time very well.......we really only see some unfinished designs, which could have been fabulous if finished.
    I'm not saying that's enough to be the winner of PR because it's a contest of designing clothes....and so far, Patricia has not shown anything that really stood out. Maybe because they were still unfinished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast