+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I will be honest here, as far as I have seen of this year's show(am at the males dancer show), I have yet to see anything of Patricia's that I would wear.
    Michele has an edge this while fashion forward isn't my style byt then again I am in the 50 to dead age group.
    Layana is just young, I never thought she would get this far.
    Daniel not even sure what to say about this design but I do think a flowy skirt would have been much better.
    Stanley I absolutely understand his getting upset at Tu. Tu has absolutely nothing to lose as opposed to Stanley who wants to show his collection at Fashion Week so yes I would be tough too.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I forgot to mention that I didn't like Layana's design. I didn't like anything but the color of the top. I thought the shape of the top was strange, especially at the neckline. The skirt part didn't wow me either. I was hoping the judges would slam her for it, but I figured it would be either all or nothing and they loved it. I don't know why, lol.

Stanley's design was good, but there was something too normal about it. I'm not saying it was boring exactly, but just a bit too normal for the challenge. I have to say it was probably the best one, though. He's got an arrogant streak that I don't like, and i am hoping he reins it in some.

I'm sorry but all I saw with Daniel's was Big Bird. I did not like the color and that top! ugh. That said, he's done some other work that was spectacular. Again, no consistency.

I'm sorry to see these as the final four. I want Samantha back; I liked her and she seemed to have a very nice personality. But again, her designs were not consistently good. Some were very good, however.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I forgot to mention that I thought if they wanted to do a second chance path, they should have made it a run-off between Patricia and Michelle. Patricia had issues with Richard, Michelle had issues with listening, so give them both one more chance and pick between the two of them.
    And make them switch helpers. Let's see what Michelle can do with Richard.

I could not believe that a professional designer didn't know how to do a French seam and didn't have any experience with silk. Plus he seemed singularly disinterested in really HELPING Patricia. Having said that, though, I wonder how much time Patricia wasted feeling sorry for herself, crying, and sitting around with her head in her hands.
    Duckyface likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I forgot to mention that I thought if they wanted to do a second chance path, they should have made it a run-off between Patricia and Michelle. Patricia had issues with Richard, Michelle had issues with listening, so give them both one more chance and pick between the two of them.
    I totally agree. This has been done in the past and makes sense. I am interested to see just what they will do with Michele. Maybe they will ask her to rework her garment using the same materials to create a better fit for the challenge.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I watched the beginning, middle, fell asleep, then woke up at the end and saw that Michelle was being given another chance (of which we won't know the outcome until next week).

I just looked at the designs. So here's my take from just viewing the photos. I would have picked Daniel's to go on the cover - though I think it would have looked better with a pencil skirt. I've read in a couple of places that yellow is a hot color this spring (which surprised me as it's a tough color for many women to wear), and to me it was the outfit that was the most editorial. Priscilla's was just a blob - not at all editorial, IMO. There was too much going on with Stanley's design - too confusing for a cover shot. Layana's top was interesting, but the skirt didn't seem to go with it. I could see a waist-up cover shot of that though. I liked Michelle's design, but I know she didn't follow Nina's directions.

Like many others here, I don't like Michelle's attitude, but her designs have been head and shoulders above Priscilla's.

I was surprised at the way Stanley treated Tu - Stanley has worked well with everyone he's worked with before.
    petertracy likes this.

I think Stanley is a perfectionist. Tu just wants get finished. Stanley takes his time, makes sure everthing is cut correctly, that fabric is pressed before sewing, that seams are neat and straight. Stanley was not asking Tu to do anything he does not usually do himself. I suspect that if they had an extra day to finish Stanley would not have been so abrupt with Tu. But given the time constraints he was getting impatient with sloppy work that had to be ripped out and redone.

I have liked some of Micheles designs, but totally disregarding the wishes of the client is such a huge no-no that it is no wonder she is at the bottom.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

4/4 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Having said that, though, I wonder how much time Patricia wasted feeling sorry for herself, crying, and sitting around with her head in her hands.
    I was wondering that also. I wanted her to stop moping and whining and get it together. She wasted time doing that. I'm not a fan of her designs, but I think she is creative and talented. I felt bad she got stuck with Richard and especially so soon after their last time working together.

I liked Daniel from the beginning and still do. I doubt he will win, but I'm rooting for him. I wasn't a fan of his last design. The color was too much and the jacket design was too spacey. Of course it was very well made though.

Stanley is ok. I've liked some of his designs, and he too is very talented. I wouldn't be mad if he won.

I've never been a Michelle or Layana fan. I hate that Michelle got another chance. Ugh! Wish she and Layana would just be gone.
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just can't believe Patricia has survived another episode. Glad Michelle gets another chance though.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I don't mind Michelle. I've liked some of her pieces and don't think she talks about her peers much more than the rest of them. That said, she totally disregarded Nina's requirement about NOT creating a tee and pants. For that alone, I can see her being let go. Would I have been a bit disappointed? Heck yes! I think she's interesting. I'm anxious to see what happens to her next week.

Stanley's outfit was the only one which was perfect for Jordana Brewster. I can totally see her wearing it. IMO, he had no competition in this challenge. (I honestly didn't think it was that great BUT he obviously had Ms. Brewster in mind and the others did not.)

Patricia's creations this season haven't moved me at all. I just don't get her.... Sure, unfortunately she got the worst button in the bag....Richard. However, she let his partnership get to her and, imo, failed miserably because of it. She should have been eliminated because her dress was awful and literally thrown together at the last minute.

Daniel's shoulder pads were just too much. Waaay too much! I couldn't get past them...both figuratively and literally.

Layanna's dress was interesting. I can see why she's still in the game. I think she's very talented. (I agree. She's young and has a lot to learn about life but that's not what this show is about.)
    Last edited by tinderbox; 04-07-2013 at 06:57 PM.

What was really telling to me was when Kate asked Layana if she wanted french hems and Layana said no that they didn't have time, then all we see is Patricia moaning about how Richard doesn't know how to do french hems. Instead of moaning about french hems Patricia should have concentrated on what Richard can do. I don't think she had to dumb down her original design twice just because Richard cannot do a french hem.

I am so done with this show I just wish it was over.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast