+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 3/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Sorry, I LOVE Michelle. I hope she wins. I liked Jeffrey too. I care about the person with the most talent and ability winning. I don't think Layana has the maturity for the business yet, but I think she has talent.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sorry, I LOVE Michelle. I hope she wins. I liked Jeffrey too. I care about the person with the most talent and ability winning. I don't think Layana has the maturity for the business yet, but I think she has talent.
    It's all good.

Sure, Michelle AND Jeffrey were/are both talented.

But, they also strike me as being nasty, mean-spirited, consistent workroom trolls.

I'm just strange like that, I guess; I can --- and DO --- appreciate talent. But, just me, personally, I find that I really need to LIKE whoever the winner is, too, as just a garden-variety-type, everyday person. I mean, I wouldn't buy the greatest outfit around from somebody I felt was a rolling bitch or SOB.

That's one of my weirdnesses, I suppose.

Layana?

Yep.

That child is CLEARLY still running around in Pampers.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Daniel even made some kind of comment in the waiting room. "Oh, so what's yours is yours and what's mine is yours? OK. So what was I being judged on?" They sounded like a married couple!

I loved it when he said something like, "So you want to take credit for both designs?" 'Cause that's exactly what Layana wanted to do! Her own silly dress got slapped down by the judges and Ms. Whiny Pants couldn't stand not being superior to Daniel. Therefore, she wanted to ride Daniel's coattails by having him bow to her and tell the judges how wonderful she was for "helping" him. I am SO glad he slapped her down, instead. That just irritated the ever lovin' heck out of me watching him fawn over Michelle last week like she was Fashion God. I wish he would have told her to bug off, too. I bet his dress would have been wonderful instead of just blah if he had. Anyway, I was hoping and praying that Daniel would finally see the light this week and tell thumb-in-her-mouth where to shove it. And he did!

I also loved it when Daniel cut Layana off with "Whatever." Looking at Michelle "console" poor little helpless Layana, I thought "Well, look at there. Queen Bee and Drama Queen. A match made in royalty heaven." I swear if either one of those two wins I really will stop watching this show. I am sick to death of Lifetime turning it into just another tacky reality show by casting tacky people so they can boost the ratings with their nastiness.

And as a side note, I also thought that Daniel should have won. What were the judges thinking smoking when they said they loved Michelle's print? Nightmare just about summed it up. The only reason I can guess is that Daniel's outfit wasn't "avant guarde". Well, let me tell you something. I'd rather turn heads with a sharply tailored outfit like Daniel's that makes people say, "Where can I buy that?" That's a heck of a lot better than wearing a frightfest that people will comment on and then forget tomorrow.

And yeah, Patricia's outfit confused me, too. I kept wondering if I was seeing an optical illusion, that maybe the sleeves just matched the body and so blended in. Did that poor model really walk down the runway stuffed like a sausage in that dress? She probably had her sense of balance thrown off. Toss in that silly veil, and it's a wonder the poor woman didn't walk off the edge of the runway.

Why in the heck did Richard last this long? First men's shirt collars, now zippers. Pathetic. And in terms of attitude he was the male version of Michana. Good riddance.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Here's what I didn't understand about the whole Daniel/Layana business. At the very beginning of the challenge, they agreed to split the work, with her doing the couture design while he did the ready to wear. I even remember Daniel having a confessional moment where he said he would have liked to have done the high fashion design, but it was clear she wanted it, and in the interest of getting along and getting the work done, he agreed to do the ready to wear. He was also the one who calmed her down and told her to take a step back and look at what she was doing when she was panicking in the workroom, and when she took his advice, she did feel better about her work. But then, because the judges liked his dress better than hers (for obvious reasons), she wants him to share credit? Huh? From the get-go, they both agreed to do the principal work on one half of the assignment. Maybe they helped each other, but the majority of each dress was done by one of them. She really needed to check herself.

I also didn't quite understand why Stanley won. I didn't think that dress would be anywhere near as easy to sell, and it was supposed to be ready to wear. Since the top two dresses were both ready-to-wear, they weren't comparing apples and oranges either; they were comparing apples to apples. I agree that Stanley and Michelle's print wasn't as versatile as D/L's either. It was the kind of thing someone was either going to like a lot or not at all.

I couldn't believe Heidi was all about Patricia's design. Who wants their face veiled and their arms wrapped tightly by a stiff shawl? I know it's supposed to be couture, but shouldn't even couture be at least a little wearable? I thought we'd seen that shawl bit from Patricia before too.

I'm interested in seeing how Layana behaves next week, specifically toward Daniel.
    I do think this is about the time the stress really makes folks crack and have meltdowns.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I found it interesting that Michele was feeling bad for Patricia this week and said so on at least 2 occasions and then she was consoling Layana at the end. Wasn't it not two weeks ago (or maybe one) that Michele was saying horrible things about both? I'd love to watch the season with the designers to see their reactions to what each said about one another.
    ness and Babbred like this.

3/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Fun to see Lisa from ANTM cycle 9 featured so much this season.
    I thought that was her and then changed my mind. How cool that's it's her.
    jucamer likes this.

I actually liked Patricia's print. But wasn't thrilled as to what she did with it.
    Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I liked Patricia's look because she was finally free to do what she's good at: making "wearable art" as opposed to sellable high fashion. The avant garde piece is supposed to be over-the-top and thought-provoking. I remember when Heidi introduced the same challenge to the season 4 designers (when Christian & Chris March won), she said that the garment didn't even really have to be that wearable.

And I haven't been paying close attention to the drama this season, so I like Michelle strictly because of her output. I'm not fond of any of the designers this season, so I'm just going to go with whoever seems to be the most talented/qualified and produces the best garments. And NOBODY was as hateful as Jeffrey. Many were more selfish and/or deluded, but Jeffrey was irrationally mean.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I liked Patricia's look because she was finally free to do what she's good at: making "wearable art" as opposed to sellable high fashion. The avant garde piece is supposed to be over-the-top and thought-provoking. I remember when Heidi introduced the same challenge to the season 4 designers (when Christian & Chris March won), she said that the garment didn't even really have to be that wearable.

And I haven't been paying close attention to the drama this season, so I like Michelle strictly because of her output. I'm not fond of any of the designers this season, so I'm just going to go with whoever seems to be the most talented/qualified and produces the best garments. And NOBODY was as hateful as Jeffrey. Many were more selfish and/or deluded, but Jeffrey was irrationally mean.
    Yeap, he was nasty and I just didn't get his stuff.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast