+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Michelle, thank god she listened to Tim else she wouldn't be getting the kudos she did. I think if she had sent down her rain vest she would be going home.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-21-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So it is between Richard and Samantha and I think it will be Richard even though the bottom of Samantha's dress is awful.

Wow, I am surprised that Samantha went home over Richard considering the judges talk of creativity over good execution. I would have liked to see her do a runway collection it would have been fun and colorful.

Ooh, hated what Lord and Taylor did to Michell's dress, it looked horrible in the window display. You can see they changed the fabric and took the leather out. Wonder how they butchered the back of it?
    Shoepie, FlyAKite and straycat80 like this.

I can not believe Richard and his jersey cheap looking dress stayed in and Michelle was out. I was certain Richard was auffe'd.
    Shoepie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I can't believe Richard was safe again! Samantha's dress looked like a bar maid uniform but she had done some good designs in the past.
    Michelle's dress looked awful in the store window! Wonder how much they were selling it for?
    I noticed Rachel Roy was wearing a skirt the same hot pink color as Daniels dress. I think that's why no one criticized that color which I thought was too much.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

I am really disgusted that Richard stayed.

He's been doing worse than anybody lately, and had enough chances. I didn't like that they sent Amanda home instead of him and i don't like this either. I liked Samantha. She was a nice person and didn't say ugly things about the others, and she designed some cute stuff too.

I was glad Michelle won because I liked her dress. I really don't like Layana and was surprised no judges mentioned her dresses all looking the same. it's always leather and something.

Oh well.

Moving on...
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Kip like this.

A few points:

1. Richard should've been eliminated - his dress was boring and as mentioned done before. Again - it just shows that a. you try to be creative now, you're gone, and 2. they are keeping people for drama instead of talent. I didn't think Samantha's dress was as worthy of elimination.

2. Michelle - may have problems with her at times, but her dress rocked. Too bad Lord and Taylor cheapened the design in the remake. I know they would have to change some of the materials, and other designers (Fashion Star, Nina's gold/blue outfit) have had slight alterations, but this was a bit too much.

3. Daniel's dress wasn't that bad; however I do agree it's another similar design and he needs to feel instead of think. If he did that - wow, I think he could've stunned this group.

4. I liked Patricia's outfit; and honestly I think if they did this as a normal individual challenge, the top three would be Michelle, Layana and Patricia.

5. I honestly would rank in a normal season the two solid pink dresses and Richards as the bottom three: All three were safe outfits. On the pink ones, Patricia and Michelle saved their partners.

Looks like next week we'll see a good result in the challenge - at least I hope so.
    Kocky_Kamikaze, Kip and straycat80 like this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    "He Said, She Said"(* Heidi invited a Kmart exec to the S3 Fashion Week show, and even gave him camera time...oops!)
    Oh dear gods, I remember that crap. I don't recall 90% of what I recapped, but this is what I said about it in '06:

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    The CEO of WalMart showed up to see what was going on in the fashion world, and I can assure you that if there is a WalMart challenge in S4 Iíll personally find Harvey Weinstein and beat his fat ass. ... Back to that WalMart guy (hey, Iím warniní you Harv, I know people who know people, ok?!?!) who says he thinks Uli will win based on the runway show, but overall Michael did the best all season. .... Somehow meriting a third time on my screen, the WalMart CEO is asked by Heidi if he thinks anyone is going to be going into his stores, and he says that its always a possibility. Heidi kind of laughs that off a bit. ... (Seriously, if WalMart is in anyway involved next season, someoneís got to get Henry Winkler on the line, pull the leather jacket out of storage, and wax up the water skis.)

I know this quote is a bit OTT. (typos included) but hell, had it been Sears or JCP at this point, they'd be stepping up. And the guest judge/not Zac/not Kors...lady, we've all been late to work. But putting gel on the top of your hair to cover up the fact you haven't run the flat iron down it is just, well, sad when there's a hair & makeup crew off to the sides.

And for all the crap I ever threw at contestants past, at least they made something that I didn't make in my only, once & done, sewing class in 9th grade. The top minds at Simplicity, McCalls and the like should go out for the next casting and make this interesting. Mr. Mustache should have gone home. His crying was irritating.
    Shoepie and MFWalkoff like this.

Daniel's dress had some bad finishing - poorly pressed out seams, bad looking hem! And one hip had a bump sewn into it that was not flattering. He is so lucky to be with Michelle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast