+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Take It All Off" In a move destined to make this episode the worst ever, the designers must make outfits for the male strip group Thunder from Down Under. it will be like the Tiki Barber Massacre combined with the Female Wrestler challenge, both from S4. Woo hoo!

Thunder from Down Under...I guess the producers weren't counting on Ben being auf'd so early in the season -- HAHAHAHAaaaa...ahh...anyway...

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    "Take It All Off" In a move destined to make this episode the worst ever since the Tiki Barber Massacre in S4, the designers must make outfits for the male strip group Thunder from Down Under.
    I totally forgot about the Tiki Barber episode. They had a hard time fitting his muscular physique. I can only imagine what gets in the way tonight!

I guess the producers weren't counting on Ben being auf'd so early in the season -- HAHAHAHAHAaaaaaa...ahh...anywa y...

Enjoy the show!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

What I remember most about the Tiki Barber episode is that the poor guy who won it then had to leave the competition due to health issues (he was HIV-positive) soon thereafter. He seemed like a decent guy with some talent, and I felt bad for him.

Does anyone else have a hard time concentrating on the designs when they're in the larger teams? It's like I don't really care who's working on what, since they're only going to turn out two basic outfits/lines anyway.

And yeah, I don't think this challenge is especially interesting. I'm not morally offended by them designing for strippers. I'm just not finding what they're designing anything that amazing. I also thought it was a little odd that they worried about being too costumey. I get that they don't want them to look like the Village People, but let's face it: they are designing costumes. I'm sure the guys from Thunder Down Under don't wear breakaway clothing when they're off-stage, and part of their show is that it's something of a fantasy, isn't it?

FORT Fogey

This thought does occur too---does anyone really care that much what strippers wear? Isn't the point to see them out of their clothes rather than in their clothes?

FORT Fogey

Well, that was really, really embarrassingly bad. They should declare neither team the winner and put everyone up for elimination.

It's also ridiculous that there was a total absence of color on the runway. Everything was black, grey, or white. Again, these are stage costumes, not the guys' regular clothes. I'm not suggesting gold lame or leather chaps. But even IRL guys wear color. How about a pop of color here and there that would make the costumes stand out on stage? A colored tie or handkerchief square or something. Heck, the shirts didn't all have to be white either.

You're right, Heidi--auf 'em all.

I will just be as succinct as possible:

Based on the requirements of this particular challenge and time frame - Heidi was right and all should've been eliminated. They were boring as a dishrag frozen in one shape permanently and buried in peat bog for 400 years. (Then again that may be interesting). And I felt bad for the models doing the dance in the outfits. They had the right to be embarrassed.

Even with this time frame they could've taken some chances to be interesting but none did.

That said - WHY in heaven and earth would they make this a DAY challenge? I'm sorry but stripper clothes are NOT easy to design contrary to popular belief. You have to put the tears in strategic spots that aren't going to accidentally get caught by a finger in the dance and tear and the like. Even I - a minor sewer - knows that you can't get a good "exciting/titillating" outfit in a day.

Seriously - when people say that this show was better on Bravo because they had more time to work on their projects, I totally believe them now. HEIDI and the producers of this show should be more embarrassed than the designers themselves (who were rightfully embarrassed).

I feel for "Thunder from Down Under" because seeing these designer's work, they can create great things but thanks to the STUPID time frame for this challenge (which required a suit and that also doesn't take a day if you want it right), they get nothing.

This show can have it fast or have it right. They can't have it both ways, and in this case it should've been a two day challenge - minimum.

To the Point

This was just plain awful. This season is dull and boring....people and clothing.
    Shoepie likes this.

I think the first problem came when they were told they had to make suits. Why? Where is the fun and fantasy in that? And even a regular, tailored suit in a day is nuts- at minimum that is 3 pieces. At least when you make a dress there are many ways to fudge it if you run out of time, but you can't fudge a shirt, coat, and pants. As my 9-year-old would say: Epic Fail.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Maybaybie - yeah, there wasn't a whole lot of room for creativity in this. I think they were told that at least one outfit had to be a suit. But if it's going to be cohesive, where do you go from there? I guess there could be one suit, a guy in pants and vest, and a guy with his shirtsleeves rolled up - but that's still pretty boring. I liked Michelle's idea to have a bike messenger and ???? (I forget what the other character was), but that would only work if you could tell how the characters related (which could be done through a dance routine).

Jadewarlock - I agree - the one-day allotment to make menswear made the poor results a near certainty.

I've never liked team challenges on PR. And these are more like committee challenges. IMO, there should be more time given for initial collaboration and design.

What a ridiculous challenge! Tim was right when he said he smelled chaos at Mood! Love Tim!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast