+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh my word! I have never seen a challenge where every single design was horrid. Wow! They all should have been considered losers and then chosen from everyone. There wasn't anything redeeming about anyone's outfit. How funny when one guy's pants just wouldn't come off. What a mess!
    Photobabe likes this.

The only GOOD piece of attire was Michelle's vest. It was the only interesting thing out there. That said, I don't know if it's one of the items that couldn't even tear off.

I'm by no means a fan of hers, but seriously, she at least ATTEMPTED to do something interesting.

Okay, right off the bat, everyone KNEW they didn't know how to make a constructed suit for men. Not even the men! (I believe throughout PR history there have been only two designers that specialized in menswear.) Why would they do this to themselves??

They should've had a gimmick. Like nerds that turn into hunks! It would be easy to make a shirt/polo/logo tee and pants. They could accessorize with nerdy glasses, pocket protectors or whatever else nerds use. They could be like supermen or some other super hero... ninjas... mimes... I'm just sayin'... They shouldn't have killed themselves trying to make ill-fitting corporate suits. Besides, it's SOOO cliché!
    Photobabe likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the show jumped the tank, the shark and whatever else was on the ground when they moved to Lifetime and did season 6 in Los Angeles. Any episode since then that has been really good has been a surprise for me.
    Amen, MFWalkoff!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The only GOOD piece of attire was Michelle's vest. It was the only interesting thing out there. That said, I don't know if it's one of the items that couldn't even tear off.

I'm by no means a fan of hers, but seriously, she at least ATTEMPTED to do something interesting.

As much as I don't like Michelle, I have to be fair and say that I agree with your assessment, Jadewarlock. I actually thought that Michelle would win again since the judges did praise her garment. This will sound terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised that she didn't. I hate her arrogant attitude and I hated her dress last week so didn't think she deserved that win. Winning this week would have made her insufferable so I'm kind of glad the judges took her down a notch.

I totally agree with all the criticism of the producers. However, I have to be honest and say that I died laughing when the models for Shades of Gray couldn't get those silly outfits off. I don't think I've laughed so hard at a TV show in a long time. After spending the show trashing the other team and thinking they were going to win, it was just perfect karma to have SoG go down in flames, too.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Sweet Jesus, what a trainwreck.

I agree with MFW. This show has pretty much damn near jumped the shark, the tank, and EVERYTHING in its vicinity.

And, no, I don't believe that the designers have one iota of responsibility or blame for this.

And, yep, I believe that TPTB will --- at some point --- use their hired Gunn to try to defend this farce. And yep, he'll do it, too.

As for The Thunder From Down Under . . .

Not only were they BEYOND-gorgeous specimens of human maleness, they also seemed like really sweet guys who tried like the devil to defend the designers or at least be as positive about what they were "wearing" as much as they possibly could.

BESIDES the obvious, gotta love 'em for that!

Heidi and TPTB need to close shop on PR.

Or go out back and shoot themselves in their OTHER foot!
    wannasee and Photobabe like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Richard gave me the biggest laugh when he said he didn't put stays in the collar because he had never made a man's shirt. Well, okay, ever wear one?

He should have been auffed for his 3 horrific shirts. Guess he has never made a woman's shirt either.

Loved Nina in hysterics.

I agree with all who fault producers for all that is wrong since moving to Lifetime. That said, is it Lifetime or Heidi's desire for a shorter filming schedule? I cannot think of a reason why a network would want to change the formula on a very successful show. It makes no sense. Heidi wanted to move the show to CA, where she lived, so she did not have uproot her family. Bravo refused, as I understand it. At the time she was very much in love with Seal and having another child.

Agreed, Shoepie!

I, too, had to crack up when Richard was desperately trying to defend himself by saying he'd never made a man's shirt before! The thought that hit me was: "Wait. AREN'T you a MAN?!"

I still think, though, that the set-up for this challenge was SO bad to begin with, NOBODY should've been auf'ed, because every last one of 'em was pretty much screwed, blued and tattooed straight out of the gate, no matter WHAT they did!

And yes, watching Nina lose it was the second-best thing about this ep.

I don't think anybody needs to wonder or ask what the FIRST best thing was! LOL!
    Duckyface likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree with all who fault producers for all that is wrong since moving to Lifetime. That said, is it Lifetime or Heidi's desire for a shorter filming schedule? I cannot think of a reason why a network would want to change the formula on a very successful show. It makes no sense. Heidi wanted to move the show to CA, where she lived, so she did not have uproot her family. Bravo refused, as I understand it. At the time she was very much in love with Seal and having another child.
    Actually, none of that had anything to do with it. The only reason PR moved to Lifetime was money. Exec Producer Harvey Weinstein wanted a lot more money per episode from Bravo in order to sign another long-term agreement to air the show. Bravo said it was too much, and as a co-producer of the show accused Harvey of making a deal with Lifetime before he legally could. Everybody sued each other, which is why the show was off the air for so long before season 6 premiered on Lifetime. So it all comes down to Harvey's greed, and his need to squeeze more money out of his cash cow to fund his less profitable film studio.

Heidi and Tim basically stood on the sidelines while all this was going on. The idea to film in LA was Heidi's, but it would have happened no matter where the show ended up. Originally, she thought the show would alternate between NY and LA, but after S6 was met with such universal hatred, they gave up on the idea.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Were the final pieces of clothing made by all simply awful? Well, yes!! Terrible! However, I can't figure out what the judges were smoking. Did they really think any of the outfits would be noteworthy considering a one day turn around? They need to get off their high horses and try to place themselves in the shoes of the contestents once in a while. The entire task was a joke and I blame ALL involved. It was practically an insult to the tv viewer. The only thing I agree with the judges about is the fact that both teams went with boring suits. Dumb!

That said, those Down Under guys were beyond hot, funny, and oh so kind. Also, I will admit to laughing myself silly throughout the episode so I guess that's worth something.
    NCLurker, ness and wannasee like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast