+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 3/14 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Heidi, dearest, this clusterf*ck was your fault, not the designers. This was a two-day challenge given the crappy parameters you put on this; menswear, tear-away, and business/office dance number. You should be ashamed.
    Dragonlady and wannasee like this.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Heidi, dearest, this clusterf*ck was your fault, not the designers. This was a two-day challenge given the crappy parameters you put on this; menswear, tear-away, and business/office dance number. You should be ashamed.
    No worse - it was a ONE day challenge. I guess you could technically say two because they finished up the next day before runway, but it was a single day.

I think all of them would've done marginally better had it been a TWO day challenge, though iffy requiring a suit.

I agree that this was a two day challenge, minimum. One day just could not do it, especially with four egos fighting it out.

Auf with their heads! I mean the producers (including Heidi.)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'll be honest - after the dressing down Heidi gave the teams considering the time frame, if I were a contestant I'd read them the riot act, called them stupid for even attempting this stupid idea in a day challenge, and quit right then.

The ONLY way they'd been able to get away with this challenge idea was if they were designing them new boxers to strip down to or just ONE item of clothing. NOT a suit, NOT a clothing item that required me to learn a new technique (as tear-away clothes are NOT a standard request by anyone) and NOT to learn chiseled body size measurements. I don't think the designers are THAT bad at measurements.

I knew this episode would suck. Ugh! That was the worst work I have ever seen, but like most of you I blame the producers as well. Not enough time, and boring concepts to begin with. Team concept ugh!

I hate that Amanda went out on a challenge like this one. I think Richard should have gone. I mean they both sucked in this challenge, but she did well on that last one, and he didn't.

I think I would rather watch reruns of the old show.

I haven't been able to see a single episode yet & from what y'all have posted I just may delete it from my dvr box. Are you saying my favorite show has jumped the tank????
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I haven't been able to see a single episode yet & from what y'all have posted I just may delete it from my dvr box. Are you saying my favorite show has jumped the tank????
    The whole team concept isn't *that* bad. Not my favorite, but it's okay. This particular episode was, by far, the worst of the season. I agree with everyone else that there simply was not enough time. They should have been given 2 days, with the models coming in for a fitting at the end of day 1. It may not be rocket science to make a shirt, but when you pile on the factors that (1) these designers do not typically do menswear (2) these guys are not shaped like the typical male (3) the clothes need to tear-away and (4) one outfit had to be a suit -- that makes this much more than a 1 day challenge. I also think the suit requirement was dumb. The challenge would have been much more interesting if they hadn't all been forced to have cohesion with a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I agree that this was a two day challenge, minimum. One day just could not do it, especially with four egos fighting it out.

Auf with their heads! I mean the producers (including Heidi.)
    Whomever thought of this concept, with the time limitations, should be held accountable, not the designers. I was appalled that Heidi and the other judges were so clueless about how ridiculous this challenge was that they were ripping into the designers, instead of their producers!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the show jumped the tank, the shark and whatever else was on the ground when they moved to Lifetime and did season 6 in Los Angeles. Any episode since then that has been really good has been a surprise for me.

I'm sure the backlash against this being a one-day men's challenge is pretty universal. I would bet Tim Gunn will respond at some point to defend it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If it hadn't been for the good-looking men with accents, this episode would have been a total loss. I'm guessing that combining yet another menswear challenge with the obvious eye candy was NOT a coincidence. Did they think multiple men could save the idea when Tiki Barber couldn't do it alone?

And did anyone notice that when Heidi first comes out on the runway for judging, she says ONE will be the winner . . . blah, blah, blah, here are your judges, blah, blah blah . . . TWO designers from the winning team will be chosen.

All that talk and there wasn't a 'winner' at all.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast