+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 3/7 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/7 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I do like Heidi, but I seriously think she is dressing badly this year. I like that she will listen most of the time to other people's opinions. Nina not so much. This show though they both appeared desperate to be "in the know" about what the "plugged in" kids were doing. Does anyone even say plugged in anymore?

I really thought that the double elimination with no warning was cruel to Kate. I know all they cared about was shock value, but I think it was just mean to do it that way. Say Tu is out and let her think she's safe.

I really do think they've been doing this show where they are critical to people for so long they have lost some of their perspective on reality, feelings and kindness.
    Babbred likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Tu was let go because he was lost in the competition. His voice was mute. Kate was let go because the losing dress was her design. If they hadn't been concerned about Tu continuing, Kate would have been the only one going home.

I think Patricia/Samantha dress won the high school vote because the short front, long back is popular with young women these days. Plus it looked different than the other more traditional silhouettes.

With the gold gown, all I could think of was 50's gold lame. Marilyn Monroe would have worn that.

The dress that won won because of the intricate math involved in the pattern construction. Patricia's woven art construction came in second with the judges for the same reason.

I can't wait to see Nina lose it next week. It looks to be a hysterical runway.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-08-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I certainly understand that judges can disagree about things but I couldn't believe how disrespectful Nina was to Zac Posen!! The way she chose to set him straight, like a mother teaching a son, about high school girls in America NOT liking long dresses now days made me sick. Excactly who does she think she is??

I liked the dress with the pink bow and hated the winning look but I'm faaaaaar from being a high school girl so my taste is different. The dress I liked the LEAST was the one that won at the high school.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If I would have had to pick one of the dresses for my daughter - who's teenage years are behind her, but not by all that much - I would have picked the winning design.

Not sure what the teens from that particular school saw in Patricia & Samantha's dress. I agreed with Daniel's remark about it looking like a Jiffy Pop container - but then again, do those teenagers even know what Jiffy Pop is??!!??!!

The bottom two were definitely the right choices. The gold number looked like something Blanche Dubois from the Golden Girl would have tried to squeeze into. And Tu & Kate's dress was too much of the same all in one place. Poor girl ended up looking like Gumby. The double elimination was a bit of a shock, but understandable. Tu did only what Kate manipulated him into doing so the design was basically all hers.

My drv cut off before the previews for next week started, so I'm clueless as to why Nina loses it as Arielflies hinted. Interesting, indeed!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Their clients are the male dancers from "Thunder Down Under" and it shows them ripping off their jeans at the head of the runway. OR that could have been a scene from their show, but Heidi yells, "Nina is losing it!" And it shows Nina with her notes covering her face and laughing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Sad elimination. I like Kate and Tu was a nice personality on this show. I am surprised to see both of them go.
    When Tu would laugh on the show, it reminded me of Long Duck Dong in Sixteen Candles.
    I kept waiting for him to look at the camera and say, "Auuuuutomoooobile?!"

I posted what I thought was an acceptable recap (albeit brief) of last night's show, but it said it had to be approved by a moderator. It didn't make the board.
    I'm not sure what I did wrong (again), but I'm sorry the info didn't make it on here.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I posted what I thought was an acceptable recap (albeit brief) of last night's show, but it said it had to be approved by a moderator. It didn't make the board.
    I'm not sure what I did wrong (again), but I'm sorry the info didn't make it on here.
    And now it's there. Thank you, Waywyrd!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Hmmmm... what did I learn from this episode? If Tim gushes over a piece or points out a feature he likes or dislikes, the judges will do the opposite..
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Yeah..with Tim and the judges, it's kind of like ANTM, where often what Jay Manuel says during or after photo shoots about the girls is not the conclusion the judges reach.

It's very nonsensical to me, since Tim and Jay are both participants of these shows who actually see the contestants while they work, and how they go about the process of working. Their opinions should mean a bit more, you'd think.

I liked Amanda and Michelle's dress. I didn't like the one which won the votes of the kids. It looked way too futuristic and costumey to me. I liked the pink and black but did not want Layana to win again. I thought the gold dress would have been something pretty until I saw them go with those ruffles. Gaaad!! Wtf? too many ruffles! I did not think the long dress was all that bad, but yeah it looked more like a dress an adult middle aged woman would wear than a teenager at prom. But Kate made that red dress in the challenge with the country singer, didn't she? I liked that dress. She and Tu were both pretty nice, but I guess I see why they were sent home. I thought it was kind of mean the way it happened though. The contestants all seemed very shocked by the decision. Must have seemed like a threatening sort of decision to them and made them feel less secure than they might otherwise feel.

All in all, I thought they did remarkably well when you consider they were using duct tape. I had expected mummy-looking teenagers swathed in silver stuff. Forgot they had all those colors and patterns now. Interesting.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Well, well, well. This is interesting. I happen to teach in a high school. I also went as a chaperone to our prom one year. Now granted, this was four years ago, and we're just a middle-of-the-road suburban school. However, I don't remember seeing anything that remotely resembled Michelle's dress. Most of the dresses I remember were solid colored. They also looked like prom dresses, all formal and elegant, not something avant garde like the winning dress.

In fact, I agreed with that designer who early on said "Michelle and Amanda's dress looks like the Queen of Hearts." Throughout the episode, I kept thinking, "Helena Bonham Carter [from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland] called and she wants her costume back."

Holy crud, why on earth did the high schoolers vote Patricia's dress the winner? I thought it looked like something out of a cheesy 60's sci-fi flick. I guess we're out in hicks here in Dallas, because again, I don't remember seeing anything resembling that dress at our prom. I will give Patricia points, though, for her print. She's one of my favorite designers because I love how artistic and creative she tries to be. That's why I didn't mind her and Samantha being safe. Edited to add: I just went and looked at the photos. From the back it looks really cool so I can maybe see why the kids voted for it. However, that silver lame front still ruins it for me. Talk about something Marilyn Monroe would wear!

Stanley and Layana had my favorite dress of the night. I love that retro-feminine look.

At first I liked Daniel and Richard's gold dress. As time went on, however, I felt that it looked too costumey. I kept thinking of the Solid Gold Dancers.

I thought the denim dress was lovely, but it was more of a Hollywood red carpet dress. How could you dance or hit the chocolate fountain in that dress?

Just a note about the judges: Normally I love Heidi and Nina, but they're really losing my respect this season. First Heidi's nasty remarks last week, and now this. As people have pointed out, she specifically said only 1 designer would be eliminated. That was just cruel to tell Kate out of the blue that she was going, too.

And Nina, what the heck? I saw plenty of long dresses at our prom. I agree with those who have said that it just felt weird to see her and Heidi trying to be "with it". I wonder if those high schoolers voted the Queen of Hearts dress last, since Michelle and Amanda had nobody talking to them? Probably.
    Last edited by Babbred; 03-08-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast