+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: 2/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/28 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I have to say I am not a Joan Rivers fan, but I have been known to watch Fashion Police on occasion when I wasn't able to catch a big show (like the Academy Awards because my satellitle went out) just to see the dresses. I find Joan takes away from that show and her long-winded 'one-liners' are crass and rude and sound like they were written for her and not off-the-cuff. I didn't find her as horrible as I expected last night. There were a few things (GILF) that made me cringe, but overall she kept her muzzle on and critiqued the designers as she was supposed to.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I think this would have been a more interesting challenge if the women were more alike in terms of fitness because the designers with the more trim women clearly had an advantage. Next week's duct tape prom dress challenge should be interesting.
    I agree on the size issues - it irritates me that they have some that are fit but thinner than more "real" women. I think they all should be at least the same size - maybe a 10 or 12, who normally don't have fashion made for them.

And I love the idea of a duct tape prom dress challenge - but this is one of the few I wish they didn't have teams.

Frankly, the team thing is a bunch of feedlot filler. I think it was a stupid idea and most of the designers are not being as creative because I think sometimes they're intentionally doing a bit weaker to try and get someone out. Other times - such as Patricia, are saved because the other designer is stronger. This week I think in a bottom two it'd been Ben and Patricia - and she barely would've been eliminated I think. Amanda would've been safe and Tu would've been bottom three.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Frankly, the team thing is a bunch of feedlot filler. I think it was a stupid idea and most of the designers are not being as creative because I think sometimes they're intentionally doing a bit weaker to try and get someone out. ....
    Totally agree. At least for the last two challenges the designers can work individually and the team doesn't have to have a cohesive look. But what's the point?

And, in last night's challenge, designers had only one day to create an outfit -- and then the judges acted shocked that team members didn't help each other more. If they want designers to collaborate more, give them more time.

I gotta say.... I don't think ANY of these designers are up to snuff. Really really really bad!! Yowza...
    straycat80 likes this.

I feel this show has jumped the shark! I hate the team concept. Those two designers would have won maybe if it hadn't been for Patricia, that's not fair.
    Joan rivers and her daughter were bad choices for judges. Joan only knows how to make jokes about fashion to get laughs for herself.
    Amanda should have gone home, although Bens design was pretty bad too.
    The judging has been so bad, even the guy who won, his pants had a baggy crotch and they were too short.
    For far none of these designers impress me and that's bad because by now I would have at least a couple favorites I'd be rooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I have to say I am not a Joan Rivers fan, but I have been known to watch Fashion Police on occasion when I wasn't able to catch a big show (like the Academy Awards) just to see the dresses. I find Joan takes away from that show and her long-winded 'one-liners' are crass and rude and sound like they were written for her and not off-the-cuff. I didn't find her as horrible as I expected last night. There were a few things (GILF) that made me cringe, but overall she kept her muzzle on and critiqued the designers as she was supposed to.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Maybaybie.
    Maybaybie likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I know there are a lot of Joan Rivers fans here at FORT, but I am not one of them. I had a difficult time watching the judging section of the show.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I have to say I am not a Joan Rivers fan, but I have been known to watch Fashion Police on occasion when I wasn't able to catch a big show (like the Academy Awards because my satellitle went out) just to see the dresses. I find Joan takes away from that show and her long-winded 'one-liners' are crass and rude and sound like they were written for her and not off-the-cuff. I didn't find her as horrible as I expected last night. There were a few things (GILF) that made me cringe, but overall she kept her muzzle on and critiqued the designers as she was supposed to.

Since the good folks here at FORT didn't like her, I was prepared for something horrible. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Except for that GILF remark (which went over my head, anyway), she was pretty tame. I was actually kind of disappointed.

Ok, I need to get this off my chest. I'm a teacher in a high school, so maybe I'm too sensitive. If I'm overreacting, then I apologize. However, I thought it was terrible when Heidi singled out those two designers for shaming. "Michelle and Luyana, you're the stars of the runway. Too bad you got stuck with such a crappy partner in Patricia." And then she did it again later. "Kate, your dress was wonderful. Too bad your lousy partner Tu dragged you down to the bottom."

Normally, I love Heidi, but during those moments I wanted to reach through the screen and smack her. Excuse me? And just what the heck purpose did that serve? Tu was very lucky that Kate is such a wonderful person, or he could well have ended up like Patricia, getting bullied by his partner. If a teacher pulled that stunt, they'd be looking at some serious disciplinary action.

The only reason I can think Heidi did it was to stir up some drama. Well, you know what? I get enough drama in my work, thank you. I have enough on my hands making sure Bottom Bees don't get bullied by Queen Bees and their suck-ups, the Middle Bees. I sure as heck don't need to waste my time watching adult women act like high schoolers. I already DVR this show. Now I will FF until the runway show. Lifetime has already dragged this show down to the dumps. I refuse to go with them.
    Florimel likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I am not a Joan Rivers fan, but I was exponentially appalled at something she said recently - for which she refuses to apologize. It was a comment about how Heidi looked at a benefit appearance. This is a direct quote that I've read online.

"The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens," Rivers said of the German-born supermodel on Monday's episode of E!'s Fashion Police.

Absolutely disgusting. Considering the source, I shouldn't be surprised . . . but this is lower than low class.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I am not a Joan Rivers fan, but I was exponentially appalled at something she said recently - for which she refuses to apologize. It was a comment about how Heidi looked at a benefit appearance. This is a direct quote that I've read online.

"The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens," Rivers said of the German-born supermodel on Monday's episode of E!'s Fashion Police.

Absolutely disgusting. Considering the source, I shouldn't be surprised . . . but this is lower than low class.
    Her justification was, 'she's a comedienne'! Based on that 'joke', there's little basis for her claim.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast