+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 2/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 2/21 Project Runway 11 **No Spoilers Please**

Overall I liked Benjamin's dress but I hated the black thing over the one boob! It looked like the model had a black octopus stuffed in her bra and it was trying to escape. I kept waiting for one of the judges to comment on how awful it was but none of them did. I wanted to march up to the model and yank that stupid thing off!
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

To the Point

DVR & FF will be my friend during critiques next week. Cannot stand Joan Rivers.
    Florimel and Little Sew&Sew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    DVR & FF will be my friend during critiques next week. Cannot stand Joan Rivers.
    Couldn't agree more, NCLurker.
    I have a warped sense of humor and can be crass with the best of them, but Joan Rivers takes disgusting to a new level. She is one mean and cruel being.
    Florimel and Photobabe like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fogey

I was shocked at how angry Joan was in the preview. As Michael Kors says, it's fashion! How bad can a dress be? I used to like her but have grown tired of her on Fashion Police.

Interesting that the dress that won was pulled together in the final hour with 2 Mood t-shirts! Good save.

It was clear that Daniel was going to be in the bottom. The editing told us that. I knew he made a mistake when I saw his fabric in Mood. It looked cheesey.

The right person went home. Lack of confidence is not compelling.

Michele, good job defending that terrible necklace! It got her through.

Miranda is a big girl and even though she is proud of her curves it is clear she chooses clothes very carefully to minimize. Tim telling the designers that she likes her curves was misleading. There were too many body concious garments in the mix.

OK...so I think the producers have locked themselves into a box with the "team theme". How was last night's challenge a team challenge in any way, shape, or form? Yes, they put them into teams of two, but then had them design 2 looks between them. It was obvious that no team would collaborate on both designs- each person would take either the red carpet or the performance design and do it themselves. They didn't even need to be cohesive and the bottom "team" wasn't sent home- just one of them. The only part that made it a team challenge was that one team couldn't have both the top look and the bottom look- other than that, it was totally an individual challenge. The producers were reaching on that one...
    Kip and Duckyface like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hope they don't do a team challenge season again. This is the pits.

I wonder why the one girl (was that Kate?) was telling Daniel how great his outfit was when she really hated it? I don't think she was his teammate and was trying to encourage him. Was she trying to sabotage him to help her and her partner? I hate people who do that--telling someone something complimentary and then dogging them behind their back. She should have kept her mouth shut unless he specifically asked for her opinion and then given honest feedback or refused to comment if she didn't want to hurt his feelings.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I didn't think Matt's dress was all that bad. I saw others I felt were much worse. I too liked the red dress. I liked Amanda's dress better than the winning one.

It was nice to see them designing on their own and not in teams. Too bad the season can't change and be a normal one.

Oh, and I also didn't care for that black beading hanging out of the top of the dress of whoever (I forgot who designed it). It looked strange.

Notice that a red carpet dress was not chosen. Did she have to take the evening dress if the winner was a performance outfit? That part confused me. I, too, thought the red gown would look great on her for an award show, but that was from a non-top two design team. Hmm.

I like that a few of them went the long fringe route with the performance outfit. It looks good swaying with the stage movements.

I agree with the winner and, unfortunately, the loser. As Tim said, he went into self-defeating mode and aufed himself.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Notice that a red carpet dress was not chosen. Did she have to take the evening dress if the winner was a performance outfit? That part confused me. I, too, thought the red gown would look great on her for an award show, but that was from a non-top two design team. Hmm.

I like that a few of them went the long fringe route with the performance outfit. It looks good swaying with the stage movements.

I agree with the winner and, unfortunately, the loser. As Tim said, he went into self-defeating mode and aufed himself.
    I think they could only choose one "winner" from the pair that won for the design. This case, the right one was chosen.

Had they done it best evening look from any too, Miranda would've been a fool to choose any dress BUT that red one IMHO. I could seriously see her on the red carpet in that AND get top honors.

And as the show is over now, I want to say this about Joan Rivers: She is a harpy who won "Celebrity Apprentice" due to favoritism by Trump (because she QUIT after Melissa was fired - she walked out and then returned hours later). She wins a huge paycheck because she treats people as bad as she looks and acts quite honestly. I won't watch the critique because of her attitude, though if I were Kors I'd definitely think "Well... if she tries to get free swag or borrow my items to wear in shows, I need to really think about the hanger here."

Maybebabie said:

OK...so I think the producers have locked themselves into a box with the "team theme". How was last night's challenge a team challenge in any way, shape, or form? Yes, they put them into teams of two, but then had them design 2 looks between them. It was obvious that no team would collaborate on both designs- each person would take either the red carpet or the performance design and do it themselves. They didn't even need to be cohesive and the bottom "team" wasn't sent home- just one of them. The only part that made it a team challenge was that one team couldn't have both the top look and the bottom look- other than that, it was totally an individual challenge. The producers were reaching on that one...

It's stretching even more when you realize that it was just a variation of the "surprise dress" challenge they do in regular seasons. You know, the designers are all excited because they think they have 2 days to complete a challenge. Then Tim comes and surprise! they have to make an extra dress, usually a ready-to-wear version of their current dress. Well, if one designer can make two dresses, then why do you need two designers to make them?

Count me as one of those who used to love Joan Rivers but now doesn't. I'll watch next week for the fashion and the flirting. I'll FF through the critiques, though.

Pikachu said:

I wonder why the one girl (was that Kate?) was telling Daniel how great his outfit was when she really hated it? I don't think she was his teammate and was trying to encourage him. Was she trying to sabotage him to help her and her partner? I hate people who do that--telling someone something complimentary and then dogging them behind their back. She should have kept her mouth shut unless he specifically asked for her opinion and then given honest feedback or refused to comment if she didn't want to hurt his feelings.

I got the impression that she was trying to be polite. She said he kept raving about his dress and how he loved it. She seemed embarrassed, as if she didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise.
    Last edited by Babbred; 02-22-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast