+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 2/21 Project Runway 11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/21 Project Runway 11 **No Spoilers Please**

Judges love Richard's mesh covered with fringe. Patricia also used a lot of fringe (in a different color).

Not so high marks for Stanley's evening dress. The skirt's too big, or "poofy" as Heidi put it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Funny how working in the BIG Team concept makes working in Teams of Two so suddenly enjoyable for these designers.
    Dragonlady and Babbred like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Raves for Benjamin's red carpet dress. Miranda not quite sure but Heidi reassures her. Miranda changes her mind.

More fringe from Amanda. Miranda likes it. So do the judges.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Heidi says Michelle's outfit would put Miranda on the Worst Dressed List. Ouch. Michelle had made a rocker chick outfit with a huge, distracting necklace. Nina says it reminds her of bad rock & roll.

Matthew's performance dress is a micro-mini. Would you want to wear that on a stage above your fans? Judges say it's boring. Miranda says he has no confidence. Michelle defends him.

Daniel had distressed some leather for top of evening dress. Heidi says it looks like tin foil. Nina slams the skirt, which looks like a tablecloth. (Have to agree with her on that.) Says whole outfit is "sad, sad" and is so surprised that Daniel did badly.

Not much to say about Samantha (since she has immunity). Also dressed model like rocker chick, so chided for not staying true to herself.

And Richard is the winner! Miranda will wear his outfit in a concert. Stanley safe.

Amanda/Benjamin safe.

And the loser is....Matt. Tells designers backstage that he deserved it.

Daniel and Michelle both safe. Daniel hugely relieved, so probably thought he was on the block.

Next week...designing for older but active women. Joan Rivers the guest judge and she slams somebody's dress big time. "You have no clue who in the ***** you're designing for!" Others judges get in some slams, so another week with fireworks.

It does show the clients flirting with the male designers, though, so that should be fun.

I am sad to see Matt go this early.
    He did not have the worst design tonight (IMO), but clearly the judges were interested in what each of the bottom designers had brought --and would bring in the future-- to the runway.

Auf wiedersehen, Matthew.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I thought the winner was right - and loved the creativity of using the T-shirt to get the lining. Yes, it's a quick fix, but it takes split second thinking on improvising there (so long as it was within rules, I have no problem with it).

Personally I loved the red evening dress (sorry I missed the designer here) - it was beautiful and would've looked lovely on Miranda.

I didn't know Tu got some editing critique, but it worked well - I actually liked it.

Not a bad turnout of designs for a special guest judge - and I DO belive Miranda will wear the winning look.

Next week - honestly, I'm probably not going to watch given the guest judge (or at least watch until after the runway). Don't like her nor respect her to watch the critique.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast