+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 2/14 - PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/14 - PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

The dresses from Dream Team were astonishingly beautiful! Each one was pretty and tasteful. I think each of those dresses should be translated to fabric and actual dresses. They were all truly stunning!

Luv'ed, luv'ed, luv'ed this challenge. Liked all the dresses. While Team Dream Team, was much more cohesive they made the flowers, other plant material and hardware look like fabric while Team Keeping It Real looked like flowers on a dress form.

I am luv'ing this season. Luv'ing Tim's critiques.

Michelle, what a negative, Debbie Downer. Over all I don't think it really matters if you are on the winning or losing team so long as your name is not called and you don't go home. Also for someone as "goth" and out there as she is she is very bigoted against other people's creativity and eccentricities.

While I luv Patricia's work (yes it is out there) I wonder if she has a lack of social skills or something because she seems to piss of quite a few people...wish we could see more of that.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I'm glad Amanda did not go home, because I don't think her dress was the worst. I thought both Patricia's and Joe's were awful.

I didn't really like the winning creation; I liked Leyana's best but I find I'm not liking her very much.
    Lilymax~ Layana is one of the few I haven't found doing anything annoying or abrasive -- yet. What's putting you off on her?
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While I luv Patricia's work (yes it is out there) I wonder if she has a lack of social skills or something because she seems to piss of quite a few people...wish we could see more of that.
    I think it is more of her heritage - I've noticed some Indian nations tend to come across as annoying or rude but are really just serious and passionate about their work. Personally I could get along with Patricia, but I have a more serious nature too. For the most part I like her work too - it is odd but at the same time does look nice for the post part.

Then again - I think some of the designers are pissed at her because they think she's inferior to them but when she's been praised on her work compared to theirs, that hurts their feelings more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I can see why Joe went home. The others all had a specific decade to deal with, and he had the future, which gave him all kinds of room for personal interpretation, which should have been an advantage, and he wasted that advantage. Really, I don't know why they just didn't have him do a 1940s dress and start with that era instead of the 1950s, instead of giving him something as vague as the "future," which really didn't match their decades idea at all. Heck, they could have given him the 2000s too.
    I think the "decade of dresses" was an afterthought. If I remember correctly KIR decided they didn't have any cohesion (after they had already made their designs) and came up with the decade theme so they had something to tell the judges that tied all the looks together. I guess Joe's was so out there that he didn't fit into a specific decade, so they just decided to call his "the future". It was a total Hail Mary at the very end to try and pretend there was some cohesion, when truthfully, there was not.
    Dragonlady and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Lilymax~ Layana is one of the few I haven't found doing anything annoying or abrasive -- yet. What's putting you off on her?
    I'm not really sure, but she just vaguely annoys me. It's not a strong dislike or anything. Could go either way, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think the "decade of dresses" was an afterthought. If I remember correctly KIR decided they didn't have any cohesion (after they had already made their designs) and came up with the decade theme so they had something to tell the judges that tied all the looks together. I guess Joe's was so out there that he didn't fit into a specific decade, so they just decided to call his "the future". It was a total Hail Mary at the very end to try and pretend there was some cohesion, when truthfully, there was not.
    Yep, labeling their collection a "Decade of Dresses" WAS an afterthought. IIRC, during Tim's workroom visit, he pointed out to KIR that their collection was a hodgepodge of different designs from different designers and lacked cohesion. By then, the horse'd already run out of the barn door and it was WAY too late to try to get it back. So, yep, calling their collection a "Decade of Dresses" WAS a total Hail Mary. They ran it by Tim, and he told 'em to go for it. No reason NOT to, since there was no way in hell they'd have time/materials/etc., to try to correct that-oh-so-obvious difficulty.

Joe going was right. I liked how his dress (?), coat (?), whatever, was so colorful, but that was it. Bless his heart, his poor model kind of resembled a linebacker from the Floral Football Team, or something.

I agree with jade's take on Patricia. She's not as old as Methuselah, but then again, she's no spring chicken, either. So yep, I could and can see how she'd annoy quite a few of the young ones. Different mindset and mode of carrying herself. And I also agree that they get their panties in an uproar when she gets lavished with compliments for her work, because --- even though they may not CONSCIOUSLY realize it --- they kind of look down their noses at her, in a way.

And JMHO, while I've no particular issues with Patricia herself, her floral poncho-looking thingy didn't do a whole lot for me. So, if Joe hadn't come up with his floral linebacker, I can easily see how Patricial might've been in line to've been bounced.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Up until this episode, I've liked Patricia's designs...they've been different and unexpected. But this time, she and her team ALL definitely looked, as another poster here said earlier, like the darn Rose Parade here in Pasadena....have seen it so many times that I'm pretty sure I'm accurate about it.
    The Decades theme barely covered them....most looked like carefully draped flowers, not fashion.
    the other team's designs looked like clothes, had a wonderful cohesiveness, and all were lovely. At a distance, you wouldn't know it wasn't just fabric.
    I think Ben went to so much trouble because earlier he was saying that he had to pull out all the stops because he hated being at the bottom.
    ness and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I'm not really sure, but she just vaguely annoys me. It's not a strong dislike or anything. Could go either way, lol.
    Furr 'nuff, lilymax, furr 'nuff.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Up until this episode, I've liked Patricia's designs...they've been different and unexpected. But this time, she and her team ALL definitely looked, as another poster here said earlier, like the darn Rose Parade here in Pasadena....have seen it so many times that I'm pretty sure I'm accurate about it.
    The Decades theme barely covered them....most looked like carefully draped flowers, not fashion.
    the other team's designs looked like clothes, had a wonderful cohesiveness, and all were lovely. At a distance, you wouldn't know it wasn't just fabric.
    I think Ben went to so much trouble because earlier he was saying that he had to pull out all the stops because he hated being at the bottom.
    Agreed, DL.

Matter of fact, first thing I thought when I saw those dresses was: "Dag! THOSE LOOK LIKE ROSE BOWL FLOATS!"

And, yep, they were DEFINITELY scrambling when they decided to call that collection "Decades of Dresses"!

Ben?

He was about to have an accident on himself trying to stay out of the bottom, he was that scared.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast