+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Project Runway 11: Fashion Week Collections ***WARNING: SPOILERS**

Re: Project Runway 11: Fashion Week Collections ***WARNING: SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    This is going to come down to Patricia vs Michelle. The collections are vastly different. It will be interesting to see where the judges go. They've got clear choices.

(Stanley's collection still appears way too matronly, to me.)

I like Michelle's but, as I've said before, think Patricia will be the chosen one... Unreal.
    Well - it WOULD fit a season with some unreal and stupid ideas IMHO (team challenges anyone)?

At least she has better ideas and is more creative than Gretchen was (I know - a bit scraping for some, but I'd rather whimsy and oddity than something that is so dated that even I wouldn't wear it).

Now that we know who made what as far as the finalists go, a few comments. Seems kind of strange to me, but these collections, or several of them, are similar to me. It looks like any of several designers could have made designs from several collections, if you know what I mean.

I don't think Michelle entirely took to heart what the judges said about the styling, as her models hairstyles still look a bit messy to me. A few of her designs aren't cohesive and seem to be thrown in as last resorts. It's kind of weird. But I do like some of hers.

Stanley's stuff is indeed matronly for the most part. Odd thing is I really really like his last few dresses....when he didn't use that horrible length he used for the rest of his dresses. He's got a dress in there, the pale gold short dress with the print towards the bottom, with the shiny belt, that I would love to own. So to me, his collection also has the effect of being half one thing, half another. Strange.

Patricia, oh my goodness what can I say that I haven't already said? Her designs are sloppy and weird to me, too hippyish. They don't look to me as if the shapes of them would flatter most womens figures. I think she has challenges with color as well. I don't like the way she puts color together, her designs look like half this and half that. Oh....wait....that's sort of what I said about the other two, only with Patricia it's like she can't even get one design to look cohesive with itself. Does that make sense? Probably not, lol.

I'm not really excited about this finale, except I'd be happy to see Lisa the model win. And I don't want to see Patricia walk away with the prize because I don't think she should win.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I wonder if any of the judges, when viewing the 8 Fashion Week collections, had second thoughts about whom they had gotten rid of and whom they had kept.

I'd have liked to see Samantha in the finals. I don't really know for sure which collection is hers, but I liked her personality, lol. Seems like she would design something that was really nice, then next challenge she'd do something that looked sort of sloppy. That went on with a lot of them though. Team concept to blame there too? I don't know.

I'm very happy with the three they did pick. A few of the others were either dull or sloppy. I love that Stanley also took advice from the judges and left the jacket off of the two piece large sparkle outfit. He has another sparkly outfit that did receive the jacket and it looks better on that one.

I'm happy Patricia kept the head coverings for three of her designs. I loved the way the blue one bounced in her showing of three. She also has that cute, young orange mini-dress that I find adorable.

It doesn't look as though Michelle edited out the "saddle bag" purses from her coat, but, as I mentioned, she did listen somewhat about the model's hair and makeup. They don't look like they've been dragged backward through a hedge.

While my artsy heart belongs to Patricia, I would be happy with either Stanley or Michelle taking home the prizes. I wonder if the Marie Claire contributor prize is why Nina's nose is so out of joint about Patricia. Then again, maybe she had a visceral reaction at the beginning like people do, and nothing she does would please her.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm very happy with the three they did pick. A few of the others were either dull or sloppy. I love that Stanley also took advice from the judges and left the jacket off of the two piece large sparkle outfit. He has another sparkly outfit that did receive the jacket and it looks better on that one.

I'm happy Patricia kept the head coverings for three of her designs. I loved the way the blue one bounced in her showing of three. She also has that cute, young orange mini-dress that I find adorable.

It doesn't look as though Michelle edited out the "saddle bag" purses from her coat, but, as I mentioned, she did listen somewhat about the model's hair and makeup. They don't look like they've been dragged backward through a hedge.

While my artsy heart belongs to Patricia, I would be happy with either Stanley or Michelle taking home the prizes. I wonder if the Marie Claire contributor prize is why Nina's nose is so out of joint about Patricia. Then again, maybe she had a visceral reaction at the beginning like people do, and nothing she does would please her.
    I do think she changed the makeup but the hair is still messy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I do think she changed the makeup but the hair is still messy.
    I looked again and you are right. I was picking up the hairstyle from #4, rather than #5. She still did a bun and not a rats nest, but it was a very loose, messy bun.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I go off what I look forward to seeing the most each week. For me, that's Patricia's work. I'm a textiles fan and I love when it is incorporated in fashion and other things.

FORT Fogey

Ariel, this is hysterical!

I'm trying to make sense of why some things are rejected because they are not sexy, but other items that look boxy, oversized and masculine are. I'm referring to the coat with snap on bags and oversize sweaters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast