+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

What gets me is that Benjamin recommended the fabric to Cindy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Wow, Heidi not wanting a dress to be slutty? Is she finally deciding that now she is 40 (or around that) and has 4 kids, that maybe she might not be able to get away with street walker chic anymore? I thought the top 3 deserved to be top 3. I really liked Rebecca's design and the way she manipulated the fabric. I will be interested to see how the garments of the top 2 change when Heidi wears them. Benjamin and Cindy should have both gone home. I don't think Cindy would have come up with anything better if she was allowed to stay. I was glad that the model didn't lose her top when she walked down the runway. There was no way there was boning or structure in that dress. I feel a little sorry for him and the effects of his bad relationship that are still showing. I have been there.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Project Runway posted a picture of Heidi on their Facebook page, wearing that horrible purple top (with no bra) and the flowered high-waist skirt. They were inviting people to "Like" and "Share" it if they liked it. From the comments, many people thought it looked pretty bad (including yours truly).

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but "Peach2.0" seemed to have come in with the attitude that people were going to give her a hard time because of her age. She had her defenses up and it interfered with constructive criticism given to her. If you go back to what Samantha said on the runway, it says a lot of what her team members thought of her. She picked 3 fabrics. The other designers told her to use the pink shiny one because it was the one they found least offensive.
    I didn't notice that attitude with Cindy but I didn't like what happened on this episode...part of why I don't like the team concept.
    The main reason she lost was the material she used and it was her team who told her to use it rather than the pink (Madonna) material. Maybe if they didn't have teams, her dress would been more pleasing to the judges. I don't think she is as talented as many of the others so I expected her to go quickly but didn't think she should for this one.
    Wonder what Daniel was referring to when he said, "I come from nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    The main reason she lost was the material she used and it was her team who told her to use it rather than the pink (Madonna) material. Maybe if they didn't have teams, her dress would been more pleasing to the judges. I don't think she is as talented as many of the others so I expected her to go quickly but didn't think she should for this one.
    On the other hand, she picked out her own material options. Maybe the other (Madonna) option really was even worse and the judges would have hated it even more. I honestly have no idea, but anything is possible!

I'm still not hating the team concept as I expected. However, I don't like when the challenge doesn't feel like an even playing field. For example, in this last challenge the TEAMS got the same challenge. But for one team that meant everyone did their own design, and for the other team that mean some (but not all) people had to team up. It ends up feeling to me like not all of the designers are dealing with the same variables/challenges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123