+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I thought Benjamin had been in the bottom two before as well, but I could be just thinking he should have been.

I also thought the judges should be more upset about Benjamin lying to them about putting boning and structure in the dress and all his excuses. I do feel a little sorry for him. He lacks confidence to the point where he is scared to actually make anything. Last week he was trying to justify it by being the "mentor" who went around trying to help the team. This week there was no way to justify not sewing so he just flat out failed.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Benjamin has been in the bottom two before.

I don't think being from a different country matters. The show just likes to milk all the drama it can out of its contestants so in that regard, Benjamin is more of a money-maker for them than Cindy.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

2/7 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Glad Cindy is gone. I'm not sure we would've seen much better from her. Bless her heart.

I just love Daniel. He seems like a good person.
    jucamer likes this.

I like this show probably because it's better than some of the other crap that's on, but I don't like the teams either. ONE person wins, why compete in teams?? I mean, I know teamwork is part of being a designer, but from a competition aspect, I want to see what each contestant does on their own, not with input from somebody else. It doesn't make sense to me, and I want to see what these people can do on their own. It's frustrating.

Call me old, lol, but I sort of liked the pink/gold color of Cindy's dress. Maybe not the material or the dress itself so much, but the color is nice and I like the effect, forgot what they called it, of the colors. I hope they aren't deliberately humiliating the older contestants too. That would indeed be ugly.

Benjamin is a hot mess. So was his gown. I liked the winning gown. Heidi can still get away with a lot, but she might want to remember she isn't as young as she used to be either, and she might not be able to get away with it much longer.

Going by the photos, I'll just say two points - both bottom two:

1. Benjamin's model is *THIS* close to walking in a dress with no top.

2. I like Cindy's dress better than his dress - the back is what hurt her as it's not fitted. The color was odd, but it wasn't too bad.

The rest of the dresses - save the one that has a collar that is connected like a slave bracelet to the dress, were ok to nice. The dress I just described made the girl look really masculine shoulders up.
    Florimel and Babbred like this.

I am still kind of intrigued by the team concept and seeing Keeping it Real collaborate and help more from the very beginning straight through, while Dream Team seems to think a lot about people needing help but don't really do anything about it. To be fair, maybe we're not getting that from the editing but there were several things I think team mates could have steered designers away from. It's almost as if they feel if they can't be recognized for great work, at least there will be someone worse. And that's sad because it comes from what I feel at my own job, every day.

I honestly didn't think from the intros I would like Daniel so much but the more I see of him, I do. I wish he'd tone down a bit from proclaiming the "weakest links," although I understand it is coming from the perspective of what is good for the team and perhaps who they need to help a bit more. Patricia's design was interesting and I kind of wished Heidi would officially select it, as well. I did think it was interesting that Richard (and Matthew) knew their looks were horrible and just accepted that it was done, I guess. I do like Richard and wish he'd just left off that ruffle, it would have been a nice dress.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

With the exception of Daniel's dress, I wasn't thrilled with any of the designs.

Maybe it's just me, but "Peach2.0" seemed to have come in with the attitude that people were going to give her a hard time because of her age. She had her defenses up and it interfered with constructive criticism given to her. If you go back to what Samantha said on the runway, it says a lot of what her team members thought of her. She picked 3 fabrics. The other designers told her to use the pink shiny one because it was the one they found least offensive.

I think Benjamin has potential but maybe Tim needs to step in with some "tough love". Sorry he is/was in a not-so-nice relationship, but that needs to be put aside now so he can concentrate on the task at hand . . . . staying in the competition.

I like Daniel, both as a designer and as a contestant, but that stag horn necklace bothers me almost as much as the pouch Fabio always wore last season!
    jucamer likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I want to know who dresses Heidi and why her outfits are always awful.
    Duckyface and AZChristian like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco View Post
    I want to know who dresses Heidi and why her outfits are always awful.
    I think she dresses like a streetwalker half the time. She has four kids. Even with a nice (not outstanding) figure, the skirts with crotch-level hemlines, the stuff that's tighter than spankx, and the see-through things are sending out a "hoochie-mama" vibe. JMO. But I THOROUGHLY agree with you, rebotco.
    rebotco likes this.

She did say she doesn't always want to dress in skin tight clothes and that is why she was so open to Rebecca's design.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast