+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 1/31 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 1/31 PR11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    ONe other thing I don't like about the team concept is the few designs on the loser team that the judges actually liked never know about it or get any feedback. I wish Heidi would announce a 'winner' on the losing team, just so that person knew they were going in the right direction. I don't think they should get immunity or anything, but I think it must be depressing to be on the losing side and not know that you are actually doing a decent job.
    I agree. I also miss seeing each individual designer's "best" and "worst". The team concept just doesn't feel like the same show. It makes no sense to me....after all, it won't be a team that wins, but one designer.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wanted to smack James after they left the runway when he told his team that their loss was due to not working as a team. He was the one who went off and worked on his own when the rest of the team was trying to collaborate with him on his design. I'm glad he's gone since he's definitely not a team player.
    My thoughts exactly when he said that. I was like WTH! Some people are just totally clueless. Glad too that he's gone.

On another note, I hate this team concept. These are designers, you have to let them show their individuality at their fullest and not be compromised by their fellow team members because they all have to work together. It's detrimental to their creativity. I hope they mix them together every week to make it more interesting or if not just do away with it after 3 or 4 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    On another note, I hate this team concept. These are designers, you have to let them show their individuality at their fullest and not be compromised by their fellow team members because they all have to work together. It's detrimental to their creativity. I hope they mix them together every week to make it more interesting or if not just do away with it after 3 or 4 episodes.
    Doesn't it drive most of you mad that the producers seem to think that we need "special" devices to make us watch the show....and then they come up w/stuff that none of us like....
    who would think that "Teams" make it a better show? We want to see talent...
    sure we love a little drama but you get that naturally from life...I hate when it's "scripted."
    But that's what we got.
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

FORT Newbie

Couple of thoughts - I found it odd that Susan Sarandon seemed so amazed at the concept of a skort. Whether called that or not, I didn't think it was such a particularly new or novel idea. Secondly, Tim actually was the one who encouraged the kilt (though not the highly inappropriate placement of the logo) as opposed to a more traditional jean - even though some of the team were leery, for the very reasons the judges disliked it.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soozee View Post
    Couple of thoughts - I found it odd that Susan Sarandon seemed so amazed at the concept of a skort. Whether called that or not, I didn't think it was such a particularly new or novel idea. Secondly, Tim actually was the one who encouraged the kilt (though not the highly inappropriate placement of the logo) as opposed to a more traditional jean - even though some of the team were leery, for the very reasons the judges disliked it.
    I was more than surprised at that. She's of an age to remember when skorts first become really popular in the sixties.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

to FORT Soozee! I agree, it was weird to see Susan Sarandon not know what a skort was. I though she was going to go for the pants with the graphic pockets and was a little surprised about the end result. That wavy lapel was kind of goofy and the vest looked like bad beginner sewing to me. I also think that vest would be uncomfortable for that active club environment. It will be interesting to see what the outfit actually ends up looking like when it is produced for the employees.

I think Benjamin is a tool.

I think Daniel is a class act and he's already my top choice for fan favorite, with Michelle not far behind.

I think uniforms aren't fashion and this challenge was a promofest for Susan Sarandon's club. I thought all the outfits were ridiculous.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I see nothing wrong with the designers creating uniforms. Fashion is about creating looks for clients, to meet the needs of their lifestyle or work, so there's no reason uniforms can't be fashionable. At a club, staff uniforms are an important part of the overall tone of the place. A formal place has more formal, traditional staff uniforms while an informal place has more informal, quirky uniforms.

Sure the uniforms are a promotion for the club, too. Just as an individual's outfit "promotes" them.

And somebody has to make uniforms for businesses. Should they go to someone who has no training in making clothes to create their uniforms? That wouldn't make any sense. If the designers feel that making uniforms is beneath them, they'll be cutting themselves off from a huge market for their clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I hate the team concept so far....they all seem clueless about what to do "as a team."
    I really didn't like any of the designs...seemed like a final result from Fashion School.
    and please, don't encourage young men to wear their pants low!!! like they did w/those pants w/the low low crotch.
    And I was disappointed that the girl who won, didn't give Daniel any credit...or at least they didn't show us if she did. Daniel has style and talent and I doubt she would have won w/o him.
    But the "beauty" of those pants is that they sat on the waist without exposing undergarments, but still had a low crotch to give the illusion of sagging pants! Whether or not it's a desirable illusion to aim for is another story!!

Count me in on being surprised at this as well. When skorts made a comeback in the earlier 00s, I used to wear them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the designers creating uniforms. Fashion is about creating looks for clients, to meet the needs of their lifestyle or work, so there's no reason uniforms can't be fashionable.
    And somebody has to make uniforms for businesses. Should they go to someone who has no training in making clothes to create their uniforms? That wouldn't make any sense. If the designers feel that making uniforms is beneath them, they'll be cutting themselves off from a huge market for their clothes.
    Agree 100%, Pikachu.
    Richard Tyler designed the Delta flight attendant uniforms a few years back, and they made quite the splash! Beautiful, functional, and a welcome change in the world of airline uniforms. (BTW- Delta also operated a low-cost carrier (Song) that flew for only a couple of years, and Kate Spade designed those uniforms.)

Attractive, well-designed, highly-functional uniforms do wonders for the morale of employees.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast