+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1/24 PR11 Premiere Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 1/24 PR11 Premiere Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I liked quite a few of these designs, and would wear many of them. I really like Daniel, at this point, and hope he goes far. I like his designs, and he seems to have a very sweet personality. Of course, things may change, as time goes on.

When I first saw the Australian guy, I thought of Paul Bettany. Not sure if that is who you were thinking of, Cubsfan, but I thought that is who he resembled.

I do agree with who went home...hot mess!

I was surprised that Cindy wasn't sent home. The judges heard from the team that Emily had potential. It's too bad that ole' bugger time got the best of her and the fact that the only team member willing to help her at the last moment was Cindy.

When they said teams, I thought they meant the usual teams of two. Thank goodness it was done in an expanded dynamic. Two teams of eight to start the season. Of course, one team is down to seven, now.

I like Zac Pozen as a judge this season. As mentioned he has a calm demeanor, not yet jaded with time on the show, and gave some good critiques. It was good to see Christian as the guest judge.

Remember that one season show on another network called Fashion Houses or something? Similar concept to that only the teams do not have to make a cohesive show for the runway. They do get to present their own designs, but the team comes into the decision making. Tim was practically vibrating he was so excited for this concept.

I truly hope this will be a refreshingly good season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was under the impressions that the designers were going to be working in teams of two so I'm glad to see it was actually more of a group challenge than a team challenge. I was wondering how they were going to keep the teams even if one designer got eliminated each week if they were in pairs. I assume at some point there must be a merge and then it will be every designer for themselves.

Daniel impressed me the most in the pre-show so I was thrilled he won the first challenge.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I enjoyed this episode of PR much more than I was expecting!
    Do you think they remain in these same teams each week, until the numbers start dwindling and team re-assignment must be made?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

Remember that one season show on another network called Fashion Houses or something? Similar concept to that only the teams do not have to make a cohesive show for the runway. They do get to present their own designs, but the team comes into the decision making. Tim was practically vibrating he was so excited for this concept.
    I believe that show was The Fashion Show. It had Isaac Mizrahi as one of the judges. The contestants were split into two teams or fashion houses. It actually aired for two seasons on Bravo.

I enjoyed the show- more than expected, but I did think the first challenge was somewhat lame. Use NYC as your 'inspiration'. C'mon- they could pretty much design whatever they wanted and call it inspired by NY. If someone wanted to design a blue dress, they could say it was inspired by the skyline or the water or some of the blue buildings. Felt like designing a pencil skirt? Well that looks like the the tall, thin buildings. A full, flowy skirt? Central Park. A crazy, hot mess...the traffic. I could go on. The only one I felt was truly inspired by NYC and it showed was Patricia's window dress. That one at least made sense. Otherwise, I'm so glad to see Tim and Heidi back...you never know how much you miss then until you watch All Stars! {{shudders}}
    Shoepie, wannasee and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Just drop all stars. This show is all about Heidi, Tim, Michael and Nina. I adore them all.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The first team challenge seemed to go off without much drama . . . . but you know that won't last for long.

I liked Patricia's dress, although I thought it would have been much improved if it weren't so boxy. Joseph's dress looked like it had been inspired by a trip thru the car wash. Although Cindy's dress with it's Purina Dog Chow waistband was bad, I think the right person was sent home.

How many times have we heard the first departing designer say "the judges never got a chance to see what I can really do". Yeah, and do you know why? Because your first pieced sucked!
    Maybaybie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Finally, after about a year and a half of misery watching the show plummet a good episode. Hope to see more.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I liked the episode a lot more than I was expecting but was just really glad to see Tim, then Heidi and Nina back. Not sure about Zac Posen over Michael and I like quite a few of the contestants, even a couple of the ones I was prepared to not like on principle. Patricia really surprised me, and I was glad she did well, with some of the negative comments about her fabric painting and such. LOVED the "Xena" -like warrior "prayer" on the boat! (And then the other woman, "Patricia is a little strange...") Daniel...wow...he said he was self-taught? And he was the one helping everyone else and seemed the most meticulous in pattern and construction! Nice premiere.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Disappointed in James, very pleasantly surprised with Daniel and absolutely horrified by Emily.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast