+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I thought Uli was going to win from the way the judges fawned over her collection so I was surprised she came in third. That suits me, though. I've mentioned before that I don't like her style. I thought it was really boring of her to trot out MORE white and feathers for her final collection instead of doing something we haven't seen from her before. That's one thing I didn't like about her in her first season. She gets hung up on one stlye (back then it was beachwear) and does it over and over ad nauseum. Her models looked like freaks with the awful styling and I hated the asymmetrical rugs thrown across the models' shoulders. Her whole collection was my least favorite of the three.

I liked Emilio's collection the most because of the colors and the corseting or whatever you'd call it around the waist. I wasn't looking at his collection as a political statement as Isaac was. I just thought it was beautiful.

However, I would be most likely to wear Anthony Ryan's clothes. I don't wear a lot of prints, favoring solid colors. I wouldn't wear the midriff revealing tops but most of his collection I thought was ready to wear. I disagreed with Isaac's gripe about the varying hemlines. If all the outfits in the collection were the same length, it would feel to me like they were all the same pattern done with different fabrics. Plus, sometimes you want to wear a longer skirt or pant, sometimes you want to wear a shorter one. It's good to have outfits that are a variety of lengths for different occasions.

I'm glad Anthony Ryan won. I think he's been the most consistently good designer this season, with only one bad week (the military outfit). He had a spark in his previous season and I was disappointed back then when he was eliminated because I wanted to see more from him. He came back stronger this season and has worked on some of his previous weaknesses so I felt he had a well-deserved win.

On the other hand, Carolyn's dress was uh-mazing. Def looked like it came from Marchesa.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm glad Anthony Ryan won. I think he's been the most consistently good designer this season, with only one bad week (the military outfit). He had a spark in his previous season and I was disappointed back then when he was eliminated because I wanted to see more from him. He came back stronger this season and has worked on some of his previous weaknesses so I felt he had a well-deserved win.
    I don't think AR was eliminated. He made it to the Finale in his season. Anyway, I think if the designers were given at least a week to rest and given time to design their Fashion Week dresses, I think they would have had done a better job. It looked like because they didn't eliminate anybody in that military challenge that they had to sacrifice the time for the finale. Not fair for the final 3. On another note, I think Josh was still too bitter from not making it to the finale so he couldn't put himself to help any of the finalists. I couldn't blame him because he was just eliminated a few days before so he was still feeling tired. As for Casanova, he was on vacation when he was recalled so I guess he didn't have all his heart into helping anyone either.

Anthony Ryan was eliminated in week 10 during his season before Bert and Laura Kathleen.

I liked his collection but it would've been better had he done some pants or separates.
    All in all, none of the finalists wowed me.

FORT Fogey

I have always liked Anthony Ryan and Emilio. I thought both left their original seasons far too early. I am glad Anthony Ryan won. I do think he has great commercial potential. I love his work.

I was really happy that we saw Uli demonstrate diversity this season. I liked her work the first time around, but it was pretty one-note.

There is definately not as much drama in the all stars as there is in the originals but I kind of like that. We really get to see what people are capable of. Very few winning designers on this show seem to make it big. Chritian Siriano is the only one it seems (am I missing someone?)

I hope the all-stars winners break that tradition. In other words, perhaps it is an opportunity to further weed out the best of the best thereby making it easier for the winners to make it.

Reg. Joshua..... like Anthony Ryan, Joshua has a clear style / vision. I love mixed patterns/colors etc. He does it in a youthful rebellious sort of way which I really like. It's a little off from time to time but his ideas are good and I could easily see a line of his work (although it would be for young people).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I actually thought the same thing--all those dresses that looked basically the same put me in mind of Star Trek uniforms. When the judges were going on about how they were so original, I thought, "Have you never seen Star Trek?"

As a Trekkie, I love it! Maybe his dresses are worn by an alien culture. The different colors/lengths signify status in their society.

Poor Uli. I do agree that her look is more couture. However, I thought that was the whole point of the show. When Wretchen won, people screamed, "Her collection was too ready-to-wear! This is a couture show!" In fact, I remember somebody tossed out the line, "She designed a line, not a collection." I was confused about that, so I had to ask for clarification. Now that I understand, I would say the same thing about AR. He designed a line for Target, Uli designed a collection for the red carpet. While I may shop at Target now, in my dreams I'd love to wear Uli's stuff. That's why she gets the winning vote from me.

Emilio's collections was good. I rank him in the middle. His collection would maybe be for a high-end store like Macy's. In descending order, then, I would have ranked them: Uli, Emilio, AR.
    Arielflies and justCoz like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

So much to say but really, it's been said here in all the good posts about this disappointing show.
    Uli was cheated from the start....they pigeon-holed her from the beginning by always referring to her feathers, etc. and in so doing, demeaned her designs. I though her's was the only one that looked like couture...maybe there were a lot of feathers but I saw things I'd never seen before.....and that's definitely not something you can say about AR's stuff. His designs were totally "cut and paste." Emilio's was interesting but disjointed to me....I liked his idea of a theme but I really didn't see any cohesiveness, except the red bows. He spoke about wanting to express the look of women in the 40s/war years, threw in a black woman's plantation hair tie, added an African print and some red, white and blue.....he was all over the place.

Josh just proved himself to be exactly what he always appeared to be....selfish. So what if he was tired...so was his "good" friend.
    As for AR really needing the money, I think they ALL really needed the money.
    Uli appears to be exactly what she says she is...someone who loves what's she doing, who daily seems to be grateful for what's she got since she got here as opposed to what it was like before. I loved her designs....couldn't wear any of them, darn it but I saw creativity where I didn't before w/AR or Emilio. And Issac is just a big boob for saying he's seen her stuff before....he should buy some glasses because AR's stuff is nothing new.

So disappointing even though everyone here seemed to predict it....I kept hoping up until the end.

What a bunch of garbage Lifetime is giving us!!

They will be dividing the designers into two groups next season. This is very much like Lifetime's The Fashion Show where they divide the contestants into two fashion houses. They pick the winner from the winning fashion house and pick the loser from the losing fashion house. I hated this format! Bravo's Project Runway has now become The Fashion Show.

Finally got to watch yesterday. Quite frankly I was disappointed. I loved Emlio in his season & thought he should have won. This collection, I guess I can't buy it because his colection was obviously for a certain demographic and since I am 50-to-dead & white, his collection isn'r for me.
    Uli...sigh...disappointed...so me of her pieces were great. I loved her vest & her silver leggings but I go agree with the panel; student project. Feathers are nice but where you use too much the outfits become costume. Who wants to wear a dress with s feather shoulder that is 6" past your shoulder??? A tramp stamp finale dress??? No way would Liv Tyler wear that gown to the Oscars unless she wants to be on Joan Rivers worst dressed list.
    Anthony Ryan...his collection was so junior but I guess the most retail of the group. I guess that is why he won.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    They will be dividing the designers into two groups next season. This is very much like Lifetime's The Fashion Show where they divide the contestants into two fashion houses. They pick the winner from the winning fashion house and pick the loser from the losing fashion house. I hated this format! Bravo's Project Runway has now become The Fashion Show.

Thank you! I was racking my brains to know where I had seen that format before. So Lifetime is cloning its own show? I thought at least that TFS had appeared on Bravo or some other channel. That's just sad.

I have to confess, I only watched 1 season of TFS, and I didn't particularly mind it. The teams worked well together so it was nice not seeing self-absorbed designers putting each other down like on PR. However, from the previews it looks like there's going to be a lot nastiness between the PR teams. It looks like "Survivor" with fashion. (sigh) I will give it a try. However, I make no guarantee that I will stick around for the whole season.

Are the Bravo years available, say, on Amazon? I keep saying that I'll download them and just watch them instead. This is the season I might finally get around to doing it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast