+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/17 All Stars 2 Season Finale - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Ul
    I hope Uli uses the exposure to get a lot of work and that the rest of the handpicked Lifetime winners don't do as well as she does by a long shot.
    In fairness, Seth Aaron, Anya (to a point) and Dimitry ARE good designers and proved their mettle (SA's case also Metal literally, but I digress).

I do agree with you as far as the All Stars winners though - including Mondo.

In one sense I think everyone thought Mondo should have won his season and All Stars one was a way to let him be a winner. See rather fake.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This All-Stars is all a setup. We know Mondo was going to win in the 1st one. And we knew that Anthony Ryan was going to win the 2nd installment. Why? Because the judges wanted both AR and Emilio in the finale when they didn't elimnate either one of them when they both were bottom 2. Uli had the best collection hands down. AR's was actually the weakest. His collection was very repetitive and it looked like a student project, they even hated his last dress. Uli was from Bravo so we all kinda knew she's not going to win despite having the best collection. They wanted AR to win from the get go. We were setup!!! What a farce!
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 01-18-2013 at 03:13 AM.
    dzigner likes this.

FORT Fogey

What a shock!

None of the collections wowed me.

Uli's looked like costumes not translatable to anything more than a one wearing red carpet dress. How do you clean feathers?

Emilio. I did not see anything in the pieces that remotely reflected his theme other than the red bow. I liked some of the pieces for ready to wear.

AR. The yellow dress was particulary ugly. Nothing new there; it bored me.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 01-18-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Honestly I think we need to petition Lifetime and tell them either give a Bravo contestant a fair chance to win or give it to a Lifetime member who does NOT TOTALLY BOMB an outfit the win.

I will admit I hated Emilio's washer bikini back his first season, but I felt even that was better than AR's military event dress. And Emilio had better dresses overall to begin with. Even that yellow dress was BETTER than AR's but they'd kept AR over Emilio if they did eliminate someone?

Anthony Ryan won!! Surprise Surprise... *yawn*

I didn't like Uli's Big Bird collection. The feathers looked stiff and cheap! (However, I think hers was the best of the three.)

The only thing urban plantation about Emilio's collection were the hair bows and I didn't see much from the 30s.

AR's collection was...rinse, wash, repeat.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 01-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'm donning the tin foil hat and calling it another All Stars conspiracy....hand picked winner from the get go. All I could think of seeing Anthony Ryan's collection was "hmmm, who knew Star Trek uniforms were so fashion forward?" Uli was robbed.
    I actually thought the same thing--all those dresses that looked basically the same put me in mind of Star Trek uniforms. When the judges were going on about how they were so original, I thought, "Have you never seen Star Trek?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    In fairness, Seth Aaron, Anya (to a point) and Dimitry ARE good designers and proved their mettle (SA's case also Metal literally, but I digress).

I do agree with you as far as the All Stars winners though - including Mondo.
    I was really only thinking of this season when I wrote that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Anthony Ryan won!! Surprise Surprise... *yawn*

I didn't like Uli's Big Bird collection. The feathers looked stiff and cheap! (However, I think hers was the best of the three.)

The only thing urban plantation about Emilio's collection were the hair bows and I didn't see much from the 30s.

AR's collection was...rinse, wash, repeat.
    I think he said it was supposed to be the 1940s, not the 1930s, but either way, there wasn't much feel for a particular era there, and I really didn't get where the Mammy influence was supposed to be. It was like it was political and "urban plantation" only because he said it was.

FORT Fan

I was hoping for Emilio or Uli to win, but fully expected AR to win...given all the fawning the judges did over AR the past many weeks. None of the collections did much for me, but I did love how gracious and lovely both Uli & Emilios comments were after coming in 2nd and 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast