+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 1/10 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/10 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I watched this episode on my DH's huge flat screen in HD. Emilio's material was really gorgeous and I imagine, probably fabulous in person.
    Personally, I was awe struck at seeing some of those gorgeous prints in the Valentino place....so very beautiful. I'd wear a sack out of one of those.

I'll admit that by the time of the Uli/Josh showdown, I was yelling at the set. If they were gong to screw Uli in favor of their pet Anothy Ryan week after week, only to screw her in the biggest way possible at the end -- not only would I be done with PR forever, but I think I would have had to buy a new flatscreen.

The final "quickfire" challenge was a farce. PR is not Top Chef -- designers shouldn't have their careers decided by something they can whip up in an hour. Fashion is not food. If the judges are so cowardly (or stupid) that they can't make a decision and stick by it, then the answers is GET BETTER JUDGES. I love Isaac Mizrahi as a designer & personality, but he is a terrible PR judge. ANd the producers can't expect us to keep believing that these constant tie-breaking "twists" aren't manufactured and planned in advance.

I just don't know if there's any skin left on the bones of this show. If Uli hadn't won, I don't think I would even have made an effort to watch the finale. The premiere of season 11 is going to be pivotal for me in terms of whether or not I continue to give a damn about PR at all.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 01-12-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'll admit that by the time of the Uli/Josh showdown, I was yelling at the set. If they were gong to screw Uli in favor of their pet Anothy Ryan week after week, only to screw her in the biggest way possible at the end -- not only would I be done with PR forever, but I think I would have had to buy a new flatscreen.

The final "quickfire" challenge was a farce. PR is not Top Chef -- designers shouldn't have their careers decided by something they can whip up in an hour. Fashion is not food. If the judges are so cowardly (or stupid) that they can't make a decision and stick by it, then the answers is GET BETTER JUDGES. I love Isaac Mizrahi as a designer & personality, but he is a terrible PR judge. ANd the producers can't expect us to keep believing that these constant tie-breaking "twists" aren't manufactured and planned in advance.

I just don't know if there's any skin left on the bones of this show. If Uli hadn't won, I don't think I would even have made an effort to watch the finale. The premiere of season 11 is going to be pivotal for me in terms of whether or not I continue to give a damn about PR at all.
    I am so done with this show to the point I too am trying to make the decision as to when to quit viewing especially if Uli had been eliminated this episode.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wasn't all that thrilled with any of the dresses but am not surprised that AR won. He really does seem to be the judges' favorite. (He should have been sent home after designing that simply awful dress he made in the last episode.)

From the moment the small print fabric was chosen I just knew it would be the least successful gown no matter what. Simply awful fabric choice for this challenge!

I thought the model that wore the red dress ought to be fired and never allowed on any runway again. Why was she walking the way she did? OMG!

I realize they ALL had to be extremely tired but Emilio looked like death warmed over. Did you see his eyes? Poor guy...

I enjoyed the one hour make over challenge. Was it gimmicky? Yes. However, I loved seeing what they did to their creations in that short amount of time and thought they both did very well.

My guess is that this All Stars season is ARs to lose but I'm rooting for Uli.
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

Uli was going to advance because otherwise there would be three Lifetime winners in the finals and that would piss off enough viewers as it was the show would lose a lot of viewers next season (on top of those who they're going to lose for doing a stupid team season).

Then again with a few minor exceptions the Bravo alumni were much better this season to begin with, even their worst looks stunning compared to the Lifetime's worst (i.e. Uli's dress this week much MUCH better than AR's last week). So, of COURSE they don't want the Bravo group to show up the Lifetime members so they're eliminated over weaker designers (i.e. a couple over Ivy). But my beef is if Lifetime is still peeved with Bravo over the fight for the show WHY punish the good designers from the Bravo runs by having them on the Lifetime show knowing they're not going to win? To me it reads rigged, but they're blessed with a little fact that the Game Show laws do not apply to "reality games" yet.

That said, and I'll say it again: unless they have truly surprised us this season, we already know the winner if we watch the commercials:

Click to see Spoiler:
    It's AR, because he's in the center of the cast in odd numbers and always to the right in even when someone is eliminated on the commercial. This is EXACTLY the same way it was for Mondo last all-stars.

Sorry, but on the Lifetime contestants Emilio, Casanova and Ivy are better than him let alone most of the Bravo era contestants. So - they're trying for the worst winner since Gretchen.

And for everyone's edification - to me this reads a HUGE no confidence by the creators of the commercials because WHY SPOIL the results in the commercials?

BTW - I want to make a clarification when I mentioned last go that Lifetime has only had a couple of strong winners I said last season's winner was Dominic. I meant to say Dimitry. Apologies.

I also enjoyed the one hour make-over challenge, it seems it was copied from the 24-Hour Catwalk show or The Fashion Show where they have to do a quick challenge in the beginning to gain an advantage for the elimination challenge (i forgot what they call it). I thought both Uli and Josh did well but I knew they wanted to get rid of Josh since last week but last week Josh won instead so they didn't eliminate anyone. Last week was the farce challenge, this week, the only way to eliminate Josh is to do this make over challenge. Well if you look at their body of work among the last 4, Josh has the weakest so I think he should be eliminated anyway.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 01-12-2013 at 12:30 PM.

I get this show wrong all.the.time. I'm sure it's because I don't understand fashion at all, yet I'm pretty sure none of the couture dresses were spectacular. I thought Emilio's fabric looked like upholstery (although he clarified on the runway that it was very light, & Isaac & Cynthia checked it out), and there was too much dress. I thought it would have been much more elegant if it remained sleeveless, with just a small self-welting at the waistline instead of just a seam. But I thought his dress was much prettier than Anthony Ryan's, which didn't fit the model and didn't look original and wasn't elegant at all.

I also can't believe Joshua made it this far into the competition. I may not understand fashion, but I understand bad taste or lack of taste and this is Joshua's forte. The couture dress was unoriginal and ugly. I thought his "transformation" dress was more or less a shorter version of the original although it was a prettier dress in the short version.

I thought that when Uli & Joshua transformed their dresses, there wasn't even the remote possibility of a debate about who would win, because not only did Uli totally transform her dress into an entirely different look but her final look was stylish & chic and inventive.

All along, I've always thought Emilio has the best taste of all the competitors, I think Uli has the best eye, and Anthony Ryan has the best luck. I think of all the PR competitors ever, Emilio & Rami are my all-time favorites so I want Emilio to get the win Rami never got.

I also wanted to add that I think that Emilio's model was 'done up' poorly. That horrible bronzy brown, shoulder length hair did nothing for the look, and the "Asian influenced" (as he said) eyes looked equally bad. I think bigger hair in a darker shade or pulled back would have made the dress stand out more and not look quite as heavy, although I think having no sleeves would have been better!

After reading these last posts, I want to say thank you to many here who helped me see things that I hadn't really figured out.
    I realize that I'm just one of Pavlov's dogs. I hear Project Runway and I totally emotionally react.....yay!
    But I should be using my head because PR stinks now. Period.

I hadn't put together the thought of Lifetime and Bravo playing petty little games giving us, the viewers, junk, that bares a slight resemblance to what we once loved.

Only people without a brain wouldn't realize how they are setting up AR to win and I was one of them up until now.

Yes, as stated above, Josh has no taste....
    They make a joke of Uli's style.....but at least she has a recognizable style and doesn't wander all over the place. And she was amazing in the hour challenge...that was creative magic.

AR is good..........just not THAT good. The black dress was ridiculous.

Personally, I think they originally wanted Emilio to be the big winner but Emilio has not been producing up to his potential like he used to do (and like Lifetime) thought he would. But he sure does
    seem to try his best, work the hardest...just off somehow this time.

Was AR a designer of Lifetime? Were they all Bravo people? I have a bad memory.

FORT Fogey

I agree. Love the analogy of skin on the bones.

This show has lost the heart and substance Heidi once supplied. It was her baby; now it seems an after thought or even a bother. I hope she will be able to pull this out of the hole in season 11. It used to be in my top 3 favorites.

Uli has a good business in Miami so win or not the added exposure will help her. I sure hope she wins this. I don't want to think that AR has been chosen from the start.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast