+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 12/27 All-Stars 2 - Show Discussion

Re: 12/27 All-Stars 2 - Show Discussion

Finally got to watch and the main thing that ran through my mind was that I would be impressed if any of them could come up with something as marketable as any of Issac's designs for Target, retailing for $35-$50. Seriously.

Hated Joshua's dress. There was nothing redeeming about that saggy boob and poorly sewn zipper that, in his own words, made his model look like she had a dump. Or whatever.

Emilio...I love Emilio but not many of his designs, yet, and this was the "boring" I thought the hostess was referring to in the preview. As someone already said, the contrasting ribbon wasn't even sewed down properly, and the style/shape of the dress was absolutely nothing not seen before. His model is stunning, though, and IMO directly responsible for his staying in his position.

Ivy - I'll go against the grain, here, and say that I've liked this Ivy. Didn't like her during her season but if I commented at all then, I hope it would be something on the lines of having some respect for her being completely outright with her thoughts. This season, the worst I can say is that she's maybe been as bitchy to one or two others as they were to her. As for her dress, I figured it was not good when Ellie said the dress should be shorter but I actually kinda like the look of it long. Maybe she didn't do much styling but I liked it much more than the previous ones I spoke of. (Will say that none of the five should sell for $500-$700.)

Anthony Ryan - I also love him but not so much all his designs. This one...I did love it from the waist down. The panels he put in were gorgeous. But something about the top part was off, to me, and it didn't help that even his size 0 model had some arm flab showing from that very fitted top and cap sleeves.

Uli - Would be my winner. I was not happy with her picking white again but once she got the talk frokm Ellie, and simplified her design, I loved what she did with the cut. She also had a cap-type sleeve that I would normally shy away from (not the best arms, here) but the way she added that neck/shoulder embellishment, I would probably wear it.

Lordy I am really dating ,yself here but why did we ever want Jordache(sp?) splashed across our butts in the 70's??? Isn't that what started this whole desginer craze?
    Is Joanna pregnant? IMHO the designers need to stop listening to her advice. She is usually opposite whatever the judges think.
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Lordy I am really dating ,yself here but why did we ever want Jordache(sp?) splashed across our butts in the 70's??? Isn't that what started this whole desginer craze?
    Is Joanna pregnant? IMHO the designers need to stop listening to her advice. She is usually opposite whatever the judges think.
    Yep, Jordache, Bonjour & Gloria Vanderbilt

Why am I all of a sudden singing the Charlie perfume song?
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking something when I read this. I would have spit it out, I was laughing so hard.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

You're soooo right! All of a sudden, we could show everyone how fabulous we were w/someone's name on our rear end! And we thought it was so cool!
    I remember a time when it was so tacky to have a designer name....The classy people expected the quality of their items to speak for itself. And that still applies ...and I've seen some really awful/tacky/classless stuff with a designer name on it.
    How little we knew then......

I still hate the names on butt thing!!!!! It draws attention to the wrong area...for me at least:-).
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Why provide free advertising on your rear for designers who are overpricing their items in the first place?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Why provide free advertising on your rear for designers who are overpricing their items in the first place?
    When I see those kinds of clothes, I tell hubby that they should pay ME to advertise their product on the big billboard that follows me everywhere I go.
    Dragonlady and mandmmom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When I see those kinds of clothes, I tell hubby that they should pay ME to advertise their product on the big billboard that follows me everywhere I go.

hahahahahaha!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234