+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 12/20 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

12/20 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

"Flapper Fashion Face-Off" - the designers go head -to-head making pieces with a 1920s flair.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 12/20 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

So glad Laura Kathleen went home why couldn't some of the others go with her?
    Allie, wannasee and jucamer like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was glad Laura Kathleen went home, but holy cow, what is it going to take to get rid of that miserable, miserable Ivy? She's so full of venomous BS -- and yet she never sounds as if even she believes what's coming out of her mouth. She always has to tear someone else down in order to get the upper hand in her mind. I can't stand her.

But when they announced the bottom 3, I did a victory fist-pump in the air! All my faves were high scored, and all the ones I detest were low scored. Can't wait to get rid of Ivy and Clayhead Josh next...
    dzigner, jadewarlock and Babbred like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

After tonight's episode results...top three, bottom three...I went to a very "Spaced" moment and wanted to skip to the end.

My one internal laugh tonight was not recognizing Gretchen Mol in the early foreshadowing clips of judging; I'm so used to seeing her with red hair on Boardwalk Empire, I forgot she's really a blonde.

FORT Fogey

I was soooooo happy to see Laura Kathleen go home. After the way she sniped at Uli all night long, I thought she might be getting a loser's edit, but then when she ended up against Ivy, I wasn't so sure. Not that I'd exactly have been disappointed if Ivy had gone home either, but just in terms of tonight's show, I found Laura Kathleen's attitude much harder to take, especially after she made snippy remarks about Uli and feathers when Uli didn't even use any feathers and went on about doing a fur. Considering that her fur looked more like Fred Flintstone than Zelda Fitzgerald, she really didn't have room to talk. I mean, it reminded me of how my childhood friends and I used to make vests for our troll dolls out of fake fur--just cut out a piece wide and long enough and cut two holes in it for arms.

I really like Uli, not just for her personality, but because I think she could actually design clothes that women who weren't size zeros could wear and wear easily while still looking good. I actually prefer her simple shapes, that Laura Kathleen dismissed so easily, to some of the tortured forms I've seen on runways that look like architectural pieces that you couldn't, say, sit down in without stabbing yourself on their sharp corners.
    Kip, dzigner, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Uli and Anthony Ryan (?) deserved the top two honors. They were lovely and creative. I wasn't a huge fan of Emilio's due to the slight dated feel to it; however, it too was lovely.

Bottom three - Joshua's was nice but safe. It wasn't deserving of bottom two.

Laura Kathleen and Ivy - WHY NOT a double elimination? I'm not a huge fan of either, but I do think LK's was the better of the two even with the illusion created at the crotch and similar feel to another outfit. That argument became a wash when Ivy did a similar thing too.

Ivy's was over designed with the feathers, and she had been in the bottom three THREE TIMES prior to this.

Make no mistake - if this happens again and she's NOT eliminated, I think we're seeing the winner. I seem to recall Gretchen having a similar outcome too.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

When it got down to the bottom two, I was so rooting for a double elimination. While I like Josh more than those two, he clearly ought to be the next to go, so I wouldn't have been unhappy with a triple elimination leading right to the finale. At this point, with Josh and Ivy never having the best look, and Ivy being in the bottom 3 so often, it would be right for either of them to end up in the final 3.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Uli and Anthony Ryan (?) deserved the top two honors. They were lovely and creative. I wasn't a huge fan of Emilio's due to the slight dated feel to it; however, it too was lovely.

Bottom three - Joshua's was nice but safe. It wasn't deserving of bottom two.

Laura Kathleen and Ivy - WHY NOT a double elimination? I'm not a huge fan of either, but I do think LK's was the better of the two even with the illusion created at the crotch and similar feel to another outfit. That argument became a wash when Ivy did a similar thing too.

Ivy's was over designed with the feathers, and she had been in the bottom three THREE TIMES prior to this.

Make no mistake - if this happens again and she's NOT eliminated, I think we're seeing the winner. I seem to recall Gretchen having a similar outcome too.
    I think it was clear even from the runway that when it came to Josh/Emilio, whichever one ended up in the bottom three, he wasn't going home--but because of the rules of the pair competition, one of them was going to be in the bottom three. That's one of the reasons I don't like the paired competitions. Though it likely didn't affect much of anything this time out, sometimes it does, and someone who really should have been in the bottom three or two is safe simply because the person against whom he/she was competing happened to be even worse.

I really thought Uli should have won. I didn't like Anthony Ryan's because it was so boxy and made her look twice as wide on top of two skinny legs and it head this really tight small round neckline.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I really thought Uli should have won. I didn't like Anthony Ryan's because it was so boxy and made her look twice as wide on top of two skinny legs and it head this really tight small round neckline.
    It also seemed to be quite short. I wonder how safe it would have been to sit down in that design. I wasn't wild about the feathered capelet thing either, though I could see that it was well-made and understood what he was going for. It just isn't something I found all that appealing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast