+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 12/13 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

12/13 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Christmas episode! Set phasers on the "tacky" setting!

Enjoy the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 12/13 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Sorry to see Casanova go. His dress was pretty hideous, but Ivy's was boooorrrriiiinnngg and she's like nails on a chalkboard. It really was a toss up between Anthony Ryan and Uli, so I was fine with Uli's win. One question though...how do you wear underpants with that sheer panel down the side? Or do you go without and risk an accidental crotch shot?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Once again, Anthony Ryan got screwed out of a win on the unconventional challenge. La La Anthony said she wanted his dress enough to steal it. The only compaint about his dress was that the snowflakes made it still read Christmas, altough in the workroom Joanna said it read winter, not necessarily Christmas.

Uli's dress got the critique that with the sheer panels on the side, she should have tried not to put the seam through it.

To me, it seemed like Anthony Ryan should have been the clear winner.

I was confused when the judges lumped Laura Kathleen with the outfits they did like but then proceeded to say nothing good about it. It seemed to me like they didn't like it so much.

I don't think Casanova should have gone home this week. There were other outfits worse than his.

Ivy...please stop using yellow fabric! Her last two outifts have been gold/yellow and so unflattering. She just doesn't know how to pick a good shade of yellow.

Joshua suggested that Casanova go scrounge items from the other designers since he had all fabric and no unconventional items. Joshua didn't have enough fabric. So why didn't he take the advice he gave Casanova and go ask for fabric from others?? Casanova had a surplus of fabric so he could have borrowed enough from him to make a decent skirt for his outfit.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

I knew the MOMENT they made Emilio safe that Ivy and Casanova were the bottom two. If this were a normal season, Ivy would've been out because this was her third time down in the bottom two. It sadly is looking like they're trying to give her the win this year. Well either that or they're wanting the Laura Kathleen/Ivy fight they're not getting face to face (Which makes you go "Why in the next week challenge do they not create it so they can get rid of Ivy?")

I thought Casanova's dress was better of the two because he did at least use more of the varied materials while Ivy's was plain jane - and old.

Emilio did have a foot up compared to his last unconventional challenge, but that dress was even safer than Ivy's. Bottom two should've been Emilio and Ivy, a toss up on the ousted one. Where was that top with the butterflies???

Joshua was saved because of the top - but lesson learned: you make a skirt or something else if you have a short amount of time. He'd had enough to where he could have made a skirt and then have her wear briefs or other undergarments (unless they're required to not wear any?...) I think he'd actually WON over Uli had he done this.

On the top three... I hated Laura Kathleen's and was glad she was not the top look.

Honestly if they could've done it, I think that Uli AND Anthony Ryan should've won. Uli's won because it had more surprise than AR's IMHO, though the seam shouldn't have been there. The catch is it would've been hard to have it totally seamless unless she did a single seam in the back and had it covered by the decorations.

Casanova :-(

FORT Fogey

Joshua suggested that Casanova go scrounge items from the other designers since he had all fabric and no unconventional items. Joshua didn't have enough fabric. So why didn't he take the advice he gave Casanova and go ask for fabric from others?? Casanova had a surplus of fabric so he could have borrowed enough from him to make a decent skirt for his outfit.
    Good point pikachu! His top was spectacular!

Ivy had the worst dress. I was surprised to see that Casanova's inspired bodice did not trump her hideous dress. I think the fact that he made two mistakes before his garage sale picks may have been the kicker for the judges.

I agreed that Uli's was the winner. If you look at them straight on, Uli's was a much more flattering shape. Her use of gold and silver together is very current. I doubt she planned the seam down the side. That was a oops and she knew it.

Anthony Ryan's dress was not the best, to me. The snow flakes looked cheap (they were!) and signaled craft shop. The back was fabulous though.

Clearly Anthony Ryan and Uli will make it to the final round. I have always liked Uli's creations and I like her. One thing though. I would love to see the yellow in her hair tonned down a bit and a shoulder length blunt cut. A little foundation and blush would be lovely. And should I go so far as to say a little eyeliner too?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Honestly if they could've done it, I think that Uli AND Anthony Ryan should've won. Uli's won because it had more surprise than AR's IMHO, though the seam shouldn't have been there. The catch is it would've been hard to have it totally seamless unless she did a single seam in the back and had it covered by the decorations.
    She could have put a seam where the transparent panel started, making that panel all one piece, and then put another seam on the other side of the panel. Not too hard to do and it would have looked cleaner, although I still wouldn't like the idea of the side being totally sheer. Either you'd have to go without undergarments, have your undergarments showing, or she would have had to put a lining underneath so it looked nude even though it wasn't.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    She could have put a seam where the transparent panel started, making that panel all one piece, and then put another seam on the other side of the panel. Not too hard to do and it would have looked cleaner, although I still wouldn't like the idea of the side being totally sheer. Either you'd have to go without undergarments, have your undergarments showing, or she would have had to put a lining underneath so it looked nude even though it wasn't.
    She probably didn't have enough fabric. I assume she tried to do it any other way but that seam. She is too good to have done that without thinking.

Looking again at the pics, I will say once again Casanova was robbed in this show. First time it was he had a "too old" outfit, though it was better made than some of the safe.

This one he lost out to a safe dress (Ivy) and a dress that has a HIDEOUS AND OBVIOUS ugly seam in the dress (Emilio's in the lower part of the skirt).

I guess that Emilio was deemed safe simply because he didn't put his model out in a string bikini washer, but that dress was too simple and honestly badly made.

The only reason I can see Casanova eliminated was he said it was a recycled dress, which put them off. Well... they had no problem with him using the recycled stuff last week plus a really bad print for an evening gown (it was pretty, but not for what they wanted), so I call baloney on it.

I'm glad though Ivy was upset she was safe but honestly it was Emilio who should've been in bottom two over Casanova and probably out.

(It does make me reverse my decision now that the show is trying to let him win as he lost to Seth Aaron - though SA was a MUCH BETTER and one of the most successful post show designer winners they've had)

I didn't think Emilio's dress was that bad. The only thing wrong with it was the fabric was too flimsy. If he had weighted it down with a muslin lining (they usually give the designers that to work with on unconventional challenges when they might not have any real fabric), it might not have looked so cheap and flimsy. The cut and color of the dress was nice, though.

I would have put Anthony Ryan, Uli, and Casanova in the top three, with Uli or Anthony Ryan winning, Laura Kathleen, Ivy and Joshua in the bottom three, with Ivy or Laura Kathleen going home, and Emilio safe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast