+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 12/13 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 12/13 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Really I thought Ivy was going home this time.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wasn't sure what to think of this...the judges got on people for not being unconventional enough (and it had been mentioned by a couple of the designers) but Emilio was safe and his dress had no embellishment at all. I liked it but it didn't seem to fit what the judges wanted. I am ok with Uli winning but truth be told, I wasn't very taken with any of the dresses. That said...I have to confess that I liked Ivy's dress. Maybe because all those snowflakes and such were just too much for me. Joshua could have had something stunning if he'd taken the advice earlier posted and borrowed some fabric! Overall, for how it looked on the runway, I hated Laura Kathleen's dress and didn't see it as any more unconventional than the others that were criticized.

I think the unconventional challenge should be earlier in the competition - it's vaguely interesting to me but doesn't really speak to the designers' abilities.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I think the unconventional challenge should be earlier in the competition - it's vaguely interesting to me but doesn't really speak to the designers' abilities.
    I disagree. There have been seasons when the unconventional challenge was early on and I didn't like that. I want to get a sense of the designers' style doing regular clothes before seeing them take on an unconventional challenge. I guess it's different for an all-stars season, though, because if you've been watching Project Runway, you should already have a sense of the designers' styles from their previous season on the show.

In general, I'd rather see an unconventional challenge later in the season (maybe midway through) and one is enough. I don't need to see 3 or 4 unconventional challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I disagree. There have been seasons when the unconventional challenge was early on and I didn't like that. I want to get a sense of the designers' style doing regular clothes before seeing them take on an unconventional challenge. I guess it's different for an all-stars season, though, because if you've been watching Project Runway, you should already have a sense of the designers' styles from their previous season on the show.

In general, I'd rather see an unconventional challenge later in the season (maybe midway through) and one is enough. I don't need to see 3 or 4 unconventional challenges.
    Ah, good point on why it should be a little later. I'm definitely with you on not having multiple, though!

I too like the unconventional materials challenge at mid-season. I like the Avant Garde challenge late so that the trully masterful designers are the only ones in the mix.

I love Christmas and I was disappointed in the way they did this challenge. They knew it would air during December so I wished they had taken the "but it mustn't look like Christmas" part out of the challenge. I wished that the challenge would have been to make a "Holiday look for an industry party using materials found in the Christmas Store" rather than what it was. I think it would have changed the who was safe, who was good, and who sucked part of the scoring.

I liked both Uli and AR dresses so I agreed that they were the top 2. I would have put LK as safe in the middle and had four bottom scores. I would send Ivy home on principle but Josh and Emilio's were pretty bad as well. I don't agree with Cassinova going home. That was just my $0.02 on the subject.
    pikachu and Allie like this.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12