+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 12/6 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

12/6 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

A combination of old challenges -- the designers need to make red carpet looks using only "green" materials.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 12/6 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I'm disappointed. I thought Laura Kathleen was going to be in the bottom. The fabric was ugly, the outfit was nothing new and I thought it looked far too casual for the red carpet. Uli's outfit wasn't perfect, but it was still better than that ugly romper. I was actually a little surprised Cassanova wasn't in the top. I thought his look was very well done and looked better than Anthony Ryan's. I wasn't sorry to see Althea go because that dress was pretty awful.
    Allie, Jezebella and jucamer like this.

My four comments:

1. Casanova wrongly put as safe. Should've been top look over Laura Kathleen, but I'm not suprised: he is respectful of the judges for the most part produces excellent work (even his one last week was good and IMHO better than Ivy's but was penalized for not being "androgenous" never mind the others mostly weren't either.

2. Laura Kathleen won IMHO because it was something different, but no one really wears pants to a red carpet event if they're female. Most of the time when I see a woman wear pants on a red carpet they're known as being gay (Ellen, Rosie, etc.) ... and this outfit to me wasn't good on top of it.

3. Ivy's outift again worse than someone else's but is saved. I'm sorry but Althea's to me was more interesting. I think they're seriously trying to get a shot or two where Ivy and Laura Kathleen have a fight... well, now I think they're going to have a catfight after LK's win.

4. Ivy better count her blessings if Casanova still works with her (which is what I've heard). He's got the better looks overall and has at least ATTEMPTED to be different each week. Ivy overthinks her outfits and when she doesn't she repeats most obviously of the remaining designers.
    Kip, Allie, french dip and 1 others like this.

I think the only reason Laura K won was because of DVF's long monologue about what her look reminded her of. If DVF hadn't been there, I wonder if the other judges would have had the same reaction (or even made the reference to palazzo pajamas or whatever), and they wouldn't have gushed over it so. To avoid looking stupid, they hopped on DVF's train and rode it home.

Although I wasn't as thrilled with her look as the judges were, I'm totally pulling for Uli to win it all.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I guess I have had too much Project Runway, isn't this the third season this year? I just wish there were double or triple eliminations. I don't think I want this season run into the Christmas Holidays it is just so boring.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I'm pulling for Uli too, but I doubt she'll win, because she's from a Bravo season. Lifetime obviously favors its own.

I do like Uli's designs for the most part, but I'm also rooting for her, because she's not as openly snotty as most of the others are. Last night I was really turned off by how much sniping there was going on when designers were asked for their opinions about the designs of others. And I think it's really rude of Emilio and Cassanova to switch to another language to make nasty remarks about the other designers in front of them. I was glad someone pointed out that once the season airs, and their comments are subtitled, they're going to be found out. I realize there's always some backbiting going on, but it just seemed excessive to me in the last episode. And what happened to people at least being amusing when they were making comments? Now they're just mean-spirited.

I mean, Santino was as capable of being nasty as anyone ever was, but he could also be really funny, ala his imitations of Tim Gunn and Andre at Red Lobster. I don't really see any of the Lifetime designers who are left saying or doing anything memorable or even entertaining. At this point, the only part of the show I pay much attention to is the designs at the end, because what goes on in the workroom isn't worth watching.

I didn't like Ivy on her season and I still don't like her; She is snarky and OVERrated. Laura K should just open a "swanky" dress shop somewhere and cater to her "elite" clientele. I don't find her to be a designer but she does know who her customers are and what THEY would want to wear.

BEARCATA: I guess I have had too much Project Runway, isn't this the third season this year? I just wish there were double or triple eliminations. I don't think I want this season run into the Christmas Holidays it is just so boring.
    I totally agree...let's "spice" it up a bit since we are in the umteenth season~double elimination or bring in runner-up from the previous all-star season to throw the designers a curve ball~

Emilio's model looked VERY Familiar.....wasn't she on ANTM? (Please forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The only dress I liked was Casanova's. His use of the bold solid color side of the fabric in a flirty opening along with the sculptured top made the dress for me. The only problem was that the side of the fabric he used for the outside looked like a patch work quilt. If it had had a different pattern, I think he would have been at the top. There was nothing wrong with the design.
    Jezebella likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

4. Ivy better count her blessings if Casanova still works with her (which is what I've heard). He's got the better looks overall and has at least ATTEMPTED to be different each week. Ivy overthinks her outfits and when she doesn't she repeats most obviously of the remaining designers.
    So true. And Ivy's constantly having design problems on this show and Casanova's always bailing her out. He seems more the mentor and she more the student.
    jucamer likes this.

I also thought Casanova's was the best and he should have at least been in the top three. Althea did seem to be a very sweet person and they all seemed to acknowledge that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast