+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 11/29 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

11/29 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Another "avant garde" challenge, this time using androgeny as a theme. Let's see if any of them have learned what "avant garde" means since their original seasons!

Forum threads will be opened after the show finishes airing on the West Coast (10:00PM PT / 1:00AM ET)

Enjoy the show!
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 11/29 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Joshua, Althea, and Ivy were declared safe.

The judges liked Emilio, Uli, and Anthony Ryan's looks.

They didn't like Casanova, Laura, and Kayne's looks.

Emilio won. Good call, I agree!

Kayne is out.

I don't know who to slap first. Kayne must be smoking something funny this season because he's so off his game, it's not even funny. However, I don't think he deserved to go home this week! The judges said his looks were well-tailored, they just didn't like the color he chose for the woman's look. Isaac said he should edit his look more. Laura Kathleen's outfit they said had too many ideas and it wasn't androgynous at all. Why didn't they send her home???? Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Althea's looks were about the worst. Her models looked like big beetles. Doesn't matter if they were male or female. They were both fugly!

I'm glad Joshua is still in it. I think he's so cute! He makes me wish either he wasn't gay or I was a dude because I'd hit that.
    Dragonlady and wannasee like this.

Pikachu, sadly the more and more I get into this season I honestly think that once again it's going to go to someone who has been a contestant on the Lifetime run of the show.

Why I say this - I totally agree with you that Kanye's was better than Laura Kathleen's by miles but he's out? I mean - Laura Kathleen really didn't even try compared to all the other contestants. Even Joshua's (? - whomever did the Rainbow Brite parody) week before last had some decent thought into it and was better made.

Casanova's - I like the guy, but he really had some problems here. I like the Scorpion idea; however the idea wasn't really well executed - either too much or they were in the wrong spots. Still - it's still much better than his very first outfit in his first season of this show.

Emilio deserved that win - he was androgynous with BOTH models. Really none of the other designers even came close here - one of the two were at least recognizable as being male or female.

Ivy really just needs to shush about being safe all the time. I personally think at least once or twice she should've been out this season.

I'm still right now on the fence if I'll even bother watching this season if Casanova is out.

Will say one thing - if Emilio wins this season, I will say he earned it this time, but we will probably have a few who will say this season was to give him the win after being runner-up to another designer (though Seth Aaron was the clear winner that season).
    Shoepie, Allie and Babbred like this.

Kayne was definitely going to go at some point, but I don't think it should have been this week if the other choice was Laura -- I thought hers was worse. At first I didn't think Uli's was as great as the judges did, but once she was in the running I was pulling for her to win the challenge. But Emilio's was a worthy choice too.

And I thought it was funny that Laura called out Kayne's looks as being "clown clothes" -- all the while she's walking around in her usual clown make-up job. (Yeah, harsh, sue me)

Can Josh just fall through a fiery hole in the floor? I'm just as over his hostile, deluded self as I was in his season. He had some nerve trying to read Ivy as being unfriendly and rude, since he was being completely rude giving her his unsolicited opinions about her personality. What a fraud. He, his baked clay head and his big fat mouth can go scratch. Zing!

I want to say that I miss having an after-show...it may not really be true, but it's probably because I'm so disgusted by the Dance Moms show that comes on afterward that I would gladly welcome a Models or spinoff show instead.
    pikachu, sweetpea, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I can't figure what happened to Kayne's taste level this season. I don't remember his garments as being that wacky looking when he was on before. That shade of yellow was absolutely horrid with the oversized houndstooth print. Ugh.

The producers are probably keeping Laura Kathleen around because she has such snarky things to say about the other designers. Her outfits were hideous looking. I don't get the love for Anthony Ryan's clothing, yet each week the judges rave over them. I must be missing something.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I can't figure what happened to Kayne's taste level this season. I don't remember his garments as being that wacky looking when he was on before. That shade of yellow was absolutely horrid with the oversized houndstooth print. Ugh.

The producers are probably keeping Laura Kathleen around because she has such snarky things to say about the other designers. Her outfits were hideous looking. I don't get the love for Anthony Ryan's clothing, yet each week the judges rave over them. I must be missing something.
    Kayne has always been the subject of taste level. His business caters to pagent gown buyers and maybe drag queens.

I like Uli and I can see her winning.

FORT Fogey

If Heidi and the regular cast would do this show it would be better. I feel I am watching a group of substitute teachers doing a poor job at getting a handle on things. Johanna is the worst mentor I could imagine hiring. She is not friendly, never smiles and her advice is lacking in connection with the designer.
    wannasee and Photobabe like this.

I did not see Josh's season. I can only gather he must be very intimidated by Ivy. His saying all that stuff was very rude....not winner like. I like Cain but agree he should have went. Casanova's man blouse looked like a woman's on sale blouse.

I dd not like the front of Emilio's woman costume. She did look like a man in the front. Most favorite for me was Uli.

Interesting challenge
    You can do it!

Just two comments:

1. AR has ONCE AGAIN repeated a design aesthetic yet is again rewarded for it with a top score. He has done the lines across the chest architecture three times now and hasn't been called for it.

2. Ivy and Casanova should have been swapped. Her outfits are hideous and HIS butt cheeks are hanging out. Disgusting (and yes, I like a cute bum well enough but really?)
    pikachu and Babbred like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The judges love Ivy, for reasons I can't fathom. I don't like her fashions at all.

I like Anthony Ryan but I agree that he keeps going back to the same place over and over. And he likely will keep going back there as long as he keeps getting top scores.

I felt like Emilio was the only one who really nailed the challenge. I couldn't tell on the runway which one was his male model and which was the female but I thought they both looked sharp. Plus, you know how much I love color and thankfully Emilio never shies away from it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast