+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 11/1 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

11/1 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forum threads will be opened after the show finishes airing on the West Coast (10:00PM PT / 1:00AM ET)

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 11/1 All Stars 2 - Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Hahaha...Wendy's gone. She didn't come there to make friends last week but this week left with 12 new friends.

Uli's dress was oddly like Georgina's. And WTH was that "dress" faux Heidi was wearing at the runway show?
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

LOVED that Wendy "I didn't come here to make friends!" got the boot!

I'm sick of Uli's "little dresses" already.

Andrae better pull his head out of his ass and step his game up, BIG time.

"Faux Heidi"? She can go right now. They seriously need to bring back Angela from last go-round. If she's working and they can't, FH better move her feet and agitate the gravel quick, fast, and in a HURRY.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Apparently the judges and I were on two completely different pages tonight. The ones I thought were top 3 were the bottom and vice versa. I thought Ivy's was so boring and certainly didn't channel the 70's at all. I didn't hate Wendy's, but I think it read more 80's than 70's. Uli's dress was ok, but I thought it was sort-of boxy and if someone showed me that dress and asked me what era it was inspired by, I wouldn't have a clue- nothing said 70's about it. I think the only outfit I agreed with the judges on was Casanova's, but after the designers left the runway, they sort-of bagged on it. I really thought it was fun, comfy, and fit the challenge- and he gets bonus points for a nice bright color too. I also thought Kayne's was pretty great as well. It definitely was easy to know that it was 70's related and I was surpised the judges didn't hop all over it. Andre's was just a mess...for any decade. What the heck is that boy thinking?

I was surprised Althea wasn't in the bottom. Her's looked nothing like a 70's dress. At all.
    Florimel, dzigner and wannasee like this.

FORT Fogey

I missed last week. Wendy and her "I am not here to make friends" bit. That must have been a cover your ass move, knowing it was unlikely she could anyway. And she is walking away with 12 friends. No, only one. Suede. Cannot wrap my head around that one.

It is a shame this show has gone so far downhill that I talk on the phone, text, play solitaire on line as I watch and spaced out adding it my DVR.

Very disappointing.

Only outfits I liked were Uli's and Casanova's. I could see the modern look in Uli's (and Indian pattern themes were in style in certain areas of the nation in the '70s) and Casanova's was interesting and sophisticated - plus a lovely color.

The rest were meh to me.

They better pick up the designs and the like or this second All-Star season will be off my watch list (well once Casanova is off as I like his positive attitude and politeness - WHY does he have to work with Hivy though?)

BTW - Casanova is in the lead for fan favorite, so that may also explain a few things too.
    Allie likes this.

Disappointed that Andre stayed over Wendy Pepper. She at least had a vision and went for it all he did was recreate what he did last week.

I must say she seemed much more comfortable in her own skin than she did in the original season 1 and she seemed that she genuinely liked the folks she was with, although Suede has got to quit talking about himself in the third person.
    Florimel, Shoepie, Endit and 1 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

A lot of the looks had nothing to do with the 70s. Sad to see Wendy go. She just was so much fun for drama in season 1.

Kayne should have known about "v"s on the pants....kind of ugly. Andrae's model looks so scared.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    You can do it!

I thought I was the only 1 who had unwatched PR episodes on my dvr. I all these 1st 2 & the finale of season 10 to get to.
    I watched an old rerun on DYI last night..sad isn't it? PR was always my favorite TV show. Now it is meh...
    Shoepie and Allie like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Moving to Lifetime took it down several notches and I think we are experiencing Heidi's lack of interest coupled with going through a divorce. It may pick up. She needs to get back to serious fashion and skip the crying baby type of game show stuff.

Uli is my favorite this season. She has a successful business in Miami and it shows. I like her attitude, too. Her dress was by far the best; I really liked it. Why on earth have a disco 70's look though? Ugh. It was the worst fashion style of that decade.

Just do current cutting edge clothes so we can see what they are all about!

It seems pretty clear that Andre is no longer in the design business. His portfolio was a couple of sad black and white photos, poorly done. He really had nothing to show compared to Uli. Hers was slick and professional. You can view them on the official site.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-02-2012 at 11:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast