+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 10/25 All Stars 2 - Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

10/25 All Stars 2 - Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forum threads will be opened after the show finishes airing on the West Coast (10:00PM PT / 1:00AM ET)

Enjoy the new season!

-------------------------------------------

OMG what the heck is Suede on - he looks AWFUL!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/25 All Stars 2 - Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Oh, dear. I can tell this is going to be a frustrating season for me. I was in total disagreement with the judges about the best looks.

Kayne's was by far my favorite dress. I actually gasped when I saw it and squealed watching it come down the runway. So many of the other outfits were playing it safe. They weren't the quality I expected from All-Star designers. His offered one of the few WOW moments on the. runway. I also really liked Uli and Joshua's outfits.

I know a lot of people hated Joshua in his season but I like him. I find him entertaining and when he minds his styling, I like his design aesthetic.

Forgot it starts tonight! I'll have to try and catch it. Please tell me the designs were better than the season that just finished?

Caught the tale end. Already I am liking what I saw; you can feel the energy in this episode. I am going to sit down and watch the entire episode later but what I saw was good.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Horrible, abysmal, embarrassing, and a disaster is how I categorize this set of designs. There were a few okay ones, but the majority should be taken out back and lit on fire.

Emilio: bare midriff is exactly appropriate for teen wear in the early '00s. Yeah, the fit was good, but that was it
    Peach: good idea, HORRIBLE execution
    Andre: stop smoking crack and get some lobster with Tim
    Suede: handkerchief skirt? Really? REALLY?!?!
    Laura: did pretty well
    Josh: good plazzo pants, but it's not 1993 and the top was ridic
    Ivy: no business suit has leather shorts...or shorts of any kind, but the jacket was fairly well constructed
    Althea: did pretty well
    Casanova: construction was good but leather and lace was a limo company in the 80s
    Anthony Ryan: I liked it until the back lace...ladies need a bra
    Wendy: I can never say anything nice about her
    Suede: I didn't realize the challenge was for Mardi Gras ball outfits for drag queens, he should have gone home but the rules got in the way
    Uli: Take it or leave it; it's nothing special and the collar was too much

I gave it a shot but I'm less than impressed. The one good thing for me is that it's only an hour.

Just two points on my side:

1. Casanova compared to his first dress in his first season - he hit it out of the ballpark. (just a reminder - his first outfit was a barely covered front, total backless back and a low cut skirt. It was a use material from another designer's luggage challenge).

Sure it was safe, but I did like this outfit. I do agree on one point - it needed to be longer just a little bit.

2. Wendy's outfit - Look, Wintour said that Casanova had to worry about being "Slutty"? Wendy's skirt is just a bit short to have just this little rounded part in front of the skirt with lace inserted in it. It looked - especially with the lace chosen - a bit too much like something it was not supposed to be.

The only outfit I liked was Ivy's jacket, but I still find her too diva-ish to enjoy watching her. The rest? - Meh.

OK, that blue and black color combo. I had a jacket about 15 years ago that would have fit in with that collection. Heck, it would have been the best piece out of it. Off the rack. Department store. On sale.
    wannasee likes this.

I didn't see any of this yet. My weekend is going to be spent on the couch catching up on the last 3 weeks of PR & getting rid of bronchitis.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Newbie

I had a quick look at the designs, and I must say that it looks better than PR 10!
    Let's all admit that the show consists of many runner ups...
    (and even how much we hate Joshua - He is a good designer )
    Apparently Althea is 'Miss bossy pants'

I really think Laura did a good job with her outfit.
    She is usually ignored - Its like they want her to be that kind of 'bitchy blond bimbo' - which she is not!
    So it was nice to see they acknowledged her work...

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Surprising fact revealed - Casanova is Ivy's assistant in the real world. She didn't know he was going to be there.

Not impressed with the designs; they better all step it up to deserve the over the top prize package.

Darling Peach - mother to the end when she told Georgina to dry her eyes as she left the runway.
    Allie and jucamer like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast