+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 10/25 All Stars 2 - Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/25 All Stars 2 - Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I thought the designers were underwhelming. I didn't agree with Anthony Ryan winning. I think he should have been knocked down just for giving the model a little penis in those pants. He should have at least made the pants fit, but even if they did it wasn't the best. It was just ok to me, and it wasn't very wearable to many people. I probably could have pulled it off when I was a teenager and had small perky breasts and no babies yet to ruin them. Not a good start to something that is supposedly full "all-stars". That prize for the winner is too good for any of them.
    pikachu likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

When the teams had to choose one word to express the attitude of their collection, I was screaming at them "Grease is the word!". It would have been cool to have them create greaser looks, sort of retro 50's style with plenty of leather and slick styling.

I hated Ivy's jacket. It made me think of how joggers get sweat rings under their arms, only in her case her model had kidney problems, I guess, that leaked dark fluid out onto the sides of her jacket, which then transferred to each sleeve. Ewww!

I would have liked Althea's outfit better if it hadn't immediately followed Ivy's on the runway. It's like whatever mess was happening with Ivy's jacket seeped onto Althea's dress, too. I hated the black tights with it. It made the look feel a couple of centuries older, like it was made back in the day when it was risque for a woman to show her legs.

Anthony Ryan's outfit was boring from the front. I only liked the scalloping lace in the back. If his model was my date, I'd have to talk to her back all night because I wouldn't care to look at the front of her outfit. Yeah, honey, keep walking away. I'll tell you when to stop.

Casanova's outfit was another one that was boring from the front and more interesting in the back. I didn't dig the tone-on-tone like Mondo did. Maybe if that tone had been an actual color instead of black I would have liked it better.

Andrae's design was just meh. I don't remember liking him in his previous season, either. His greatest contribution to Project Runway was inspiring Santino's Tim Gunn impersonation, "Where's Andrae?".

I actually halfway liked Suede's outfit. I hate that shade of blue that seems so popular with Project Runway designers (is it the cheapest fabric at Mood or what???). If the dress had been belted and the bottom pleats had been in two less-contrasting shades, I think it would have been sensational.

Peach rightly deserved to go. Even without the blue leg-warmers used to lengthen the sleeves, the black sleeves would have been too long for my liking. There's really nothing interesting about this outfit. It's a basic (VERY basic) black dress.

Seeing Emilio's outfit reminded me that one of his problems from his previous season was that sometimes his outfits ran a little hoochie. This one was on the verge of going there, with the sports bra top exposed under the blue dress.

Nobody can accuse Joshua of playing it safe and that's one of the things I like about him! After the snoozefest of designs before his, I had to appreciate the whips and chains look of his wannabe-dominatrix. She looks like she works in an upscale gentlemen's club, where they don't discuss outside the club what pleasures their clientele enjoy inside.

My only complaint with Kayne's dress is I wish he hadn't done the lace all over it. If he had kept the lace to just the exposed areas and kept the main part of the dress sheer black, maybe it wouldn't have looked too costumy for the judges. As a sidenote, I never realized how much Kayne resembles Michael Kors! Did Michael hire a baby mama years ago to give him offspring so he could carry on his designer genes? Or has Kayne surreptitiously been getting plastic surgery to make himself over as his favorite fashion icon?

I didn't like Laura in her season and I think she's crazy to think she was robbed of a win. The bell-type shape of her top is so unflattering on her model, making her look pregnant.

So Uli said she doesn't do just drapy beachwear anymore. I'll have to see it to believe it. I actually liked her outfit ok except that I didn't like the neckline and thing done the center of the chest. The model looks like she's being strangled with a long sock.

Wendy's outfit would been so much better if it was longer. It seems kind of incomplete to me, like she planned to add a train to it to make it a gown but ran out of time.
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    wannasee likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Surprising fact revealed - Casanova is Ivy's assistant in the real world. She didn't know he was going to be there.
    I thought I heard that but couldn't figure out how he would be getting time off if she didn't know about his role in this. Strange.

Does anyone think it kinda weird that the all stars 2 cast is very heavy in regards to folks from season 8 and 9?
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Did a head count and there are:

Season 9: 3
    Season 8: 3
    Season 7: 1
    Season 6: 1
    Season 5: 1
    Season 3: 1
    Season 2: 1
    Season 1: 1
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Not really. I mean, this is All-Stars 2 so it's possible they had more people from the earlier seasons on All-Stars 1. Plus, I imagine it might have been harder to get people from several years ago to come back on the show. After all this time, earlier designers might be working in the fashion industry and no longer interested in putting themseves through the stress of being on the show.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I think season 1 might be the most glamorous. The ones I would be Kara and Uli. I am quite fond of many of the designers on this all star team: Kane, Andrae and Uli. You could see the awe come over their faces when Wendy showed up....awesome.
    You can do it!

I was flipping channels the other day and PR season 1 was on- it was the second to last episode, so I DVR'd that episode and the finale as I didn't start watching until season 3 I think. Wow. My, how times have changed!

Micheal and Nina look pretty much the same, but Heidi looks very different. I can't even put my finger on it, but she just looks so different now. The format was so loose too- lots of backstage stuff and picking models and music and stuff. On one of the episodes, Jay's model doesn't show up after he calls her several times so Austin models for him- that sooooo wouldn't happen these days!

But the one thing that struck me, was the designs of the final 3. They were so....uh....designed! Each outfit had so many details and was so well made- nothing looked thrown together. All the runway outfits were either gowns, or separates and jackets with beautiful fabrics- just so many pieces on each model. Compared to this last season where the models had a little pair of shorts and a tank- it just goes to show how far the show has fallen.

It was also my first experience with Wendy Pepper, although brief. Hmmmm.... I think I'll form my own opinion on this new AllStars season- hopefully she will have a better showing there.

I'm sorry, but half of these designers I couldn't remember them, what season they were on, or what they ever made. All Stars my tush.

Suede's outfit on the runway looked like it was dragged out of a dumpster. Together with his purple hair and glazed, hangdog expression, and that horrible dress...UGH.

Frankly, I was yelling at the judges to auf all three of them from the bottom group. What was up with that black/blue collection?? Did nobody realize that you could actually do an all blue dress, and it would fit in? It looked like someone told them "a collection using black and blue has to consist of mostly black outfits with some blue here and there" and that's it. Is it just me, or would Nina and Michael have gone ballistic over that collection?

I gasped when Josh's model came out, only because it looked like her boobs were about to fall out of her dress, and then the camera panned to Josh and his shirt was unbuttoned down to his navel and HIS moobs were hanging out. Yowza. Wendy Pepper's models hoo ha was barely covered with a little bit of lace. Scary.

I also laughed out loud when Joana Coles told Ivy she was nervous to come over to her because Ivy was such a b**** during her season. Ha!!

I liked Uli's dress.
    dzigner, wannasee and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yowza. Wendy Pepper's models hoo ha was barely covered with a little bit of lace. Scary.
    personally, and I know this sounds terrible to say, but the lace actually made it look more like her hoo ha was showing! Why, oh, why would you put a piece of lace right there, in the middle, on such a tiny skirt??
    Unless that's what Wendy was going for.
    Yowza is right!

and once again, as always now with Project Runway, I look so forward to watching the (recorded) show and I'm again disappointed. Apparently my huge love of this show (previously) is still with me and I can't give up on hoping it will be as good as it used to be, many many seasons ago.
    Allie and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast