+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 10/18 Finale Pt. 2 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/18 Finale Pt. 2 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh, can someone explain the cloghopper style of shoes all the models wore? They were simply horrendous.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haver yet to see the finale so I can't comment until then. I don't know but I honestly found this season....boring.
    Allie likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    Thank you for posting the pictures!
    I noticed a couple things that I didn't notice when I saw it on TV:
    • What is going on with the eye brows on Dmitri's models? They are way too dark and some look like a Unibrow. There are a couple models who could pass for guys.
    • Melissa had one model in pants that looked like a soggy diaper. I can't believe the judges didn't point that out! EW!
    I loved Chris during the season... he did lovely beautiful work. I didn't like what he created for NYFW. It wasn't all that pretty or different. I was more drawn to Dmitry's work for the finale. I would love that white jacket with the cutouts.

I thought the fashions for the finale were a little dull. When I think back to Uli, Laura Bennett, Christian, and the like, they created much more dramatic fashions.

On a positive note, I loved that the designers all got along and were really nice people.

I agree Woodie - Chris was my favorite throughout the season but his collection was not my favorite at all. Dimitri deserved the win - he was consistent the entire season and his collection was fabulous. I am glad this season is over - it was one of the most boring & uninsipiring ever

And now that it's over, I would enjoy seeing Dmitry on Dancing With the Stars. They've already used such complete ringers as Mya and Nicole and that I'd be okay with Dmitry. He would be fun to watch.
    AZChristian and wannasee like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, can someone explain the cloghopper style of shoes all the models wore? They were simply horrendous.
    The only explanation I can give is they are UGLY. What happened to a nice pair of heels or even a sleek boot? I just cannot get into these bootie things- just aweful. They cut even the tallest, skinniest model off at the ankles and draw attention away from the clothes and down to the foot. WHY???? I just don't get it. I even mentioned it last season as well. And as if the 'fashion booties' weren't bad enough, the booties Fabio had every single model in where beyond ugly- they looked like someone found them in the back room of a thrift shop left over from 1974. Yuck!
    Photobabe likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If I remember correctly, Tim told Fabio he didn't like the shoes. Fabio's "solution" was to paint them a different color. He made them lighter and, supposedly, less distracting!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If I remember correctly, Tim told Fabio he didn't like the shoes. Fabio's "solution" was to paint them a different color. He made them lighter and, supposedly, less distracting!!!
    I recall this as well. However, when they all showed the judges three styles in finale part1, Michael Kors said he loved them. He is clearly insane because they are atrocious!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Whats the name of the other gay guy who left a few weeks ago. At first I couldn't stand him and liked Christopher but then I ended up liking him and disliking Christopher.
    I felt exactly the same way about Gunnar and Christopher!!

I've been on vacay so didn't see the finale until last night. HATE the booties...why oh why?!?!? Second, I didn't think the styling on any of the models were good. Melissa had the best and I think that is saying a lot. I just didn't get the hair and makeup at all!!!! I noticed it more than the clothes!!!!!!

Honestly I didn't see anything that wowed me and that I thought was beautiful. I did like Melissa's red/orange dress and a couple pieces of hers and Demitry's but beyond like I didn't find anything I loved!!! I think I'm finally too old fashion these days.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Honestly I didn't see anything that wowed me and that I thought was beautiful. I did like Melissa's red/orange dress and a couple pieces of hers and Demitry's but beyond like I didn't find anything I loved!!! I think I'm finally too old fashion these days.
    No, I think the bar was set pretty low this season.

Project Runway is reminding me of Hell's Kitchen. Maybe it started off legitimately enough but as it got to be more demanding, higher-quality contestants stopped applying so the show started hyping up the petty drama to carry the show. I no longer watch Hell's Kitchen and I hope Project Runway doesn't follow suit!
    Shoepie, justCoz and Allie like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

That's a good point, pikachu, about the contestants. I wonder too, about the questionable judging over the years - who knows what they're actually looking for, and if it seems they won't get a fair shot (judges have favorites) maybe then potential contestants won't apply for the show. ?

I did enjoy the lack of fights and problems being overblown/hyped for ratings. I don't mind "boring" PR shows, as far as personalities, if the fashion and challenges are interesting to me. I did like a lot of the challenges this season, but the fashion was a little ho-hum. Things barely stand out in my memory. But, I still love the show and will still watch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast