+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 10/18 Finale Pt. 2 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/18 Finale Pt. 2 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,

I wish they had a reunion show to talk to all the designers again after the finale. I also wish they would bring back the models of the runway show.
    navybelle and wannasee like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I am THRILLED to bits that Dmitry won. I am probably one of the least fashion conscious people you're ever likely to meet. I base part of my decision on what I'd wear if I were a foot taller, ten pounds thinner and my salary had an extra digit. The other part comes from personality and attitude - and I'm sure there are those who'd argue that doesn't matter. Ha! It does. This is the real world and I would not want to deal with the Elenas and Vens of the business no matter how well their clothes are made. They are designing fashions, not curing cancer. You could put one on every corner of NYC and still have enough left over to fill every room in the Yotel five times over.

For me, Dmitry was the complete package. Calm, fastidious, detail oriented and polite. Yes, he managed a few snarky comments, but we all have. His were usually funnier than they were cruel.

Thrilled to bits!
    Florimel, sweetpea and ladygreco like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Newbie

Thank you for posting the pictures!
    I noticed a couple things that I didn't notice when I saw it on TV:
    • What is going on with the eye brows on Dmitri's models? They are way too dark and some look like a Unibrow. There are a couple models who could pass for guys.
    • Melissa had one model in pants that looked like a soggy diaper. I can't believe the judges didn't point that out! EW!
    I loved Chris during the season... he did lovely beautiful work. I didn't like what he created for NYFW. It wasn't all that pretty or different. I was more drawn to Dmitry's work for the finale. I would love that white jacket with the cutouts.

I thought the fashions for the finale were a little dull. When I think back to Uli, Laura Bennett, Christian, and the like, they created much more dramatic fashions.

On a positive note, I loved that the designers all got along and were really nice people.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Dmitry has said in an interview that about half of his collection was packed up and addressed to Heidi in L.A. I wish I was Heidi!!!!!
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I just watched the runways shows from last night. I didn't peek at the previous posts so I don't know who won yet. I do want to make a few comments. Dmitry totally wowed me! On the runway his line was the most cohesive, fashionable and the one I'd most like to wear. The citron dress, the white dress with the cutouts, the citron dress with the chain mail sleeves..wow! Melissa and Chris both had pieces I loved and would wear. I love the chemical treatment Chris did to his leather pieces, but there wasn't one piece that made me gasp when it came down the runway. No piece was bad, but no piece was breath taking. It was solid and I'd buy pieces from it. Melissa's lack of color did her in, the looks were boring. Too black and white. She had a wow piece, the orange leather dress. But that was the most memorable piece by far. Fabio did increase his level of quality over the prior showing, but it still was the lesser of the four lines. Not as commerical, not as wow. There really wasn't a statement piece I can recall. And that's the problem. I just finished watching his show and I can't recall a single piece. If there is any justice in the PR world, Dmitry won. Now I can start the DVR again and watch the judges' comments.

ETA: Woo hoo! Dmitry won!! I saw that coming...down the runway.
    Last edited by short_lived; 10-19-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Whats the name of the other gay guy who left a few weeks ago. At first I couldn't stand him and liked Christopher but then I ended up liking him and disliking Christopher.
    CDW, that was Gunner, and as snarky as he started out, he became one of my favorites. Speaking of which, is it confirmed that Elena won "fan favorite"? I haven't had the heart to check the website.

I am super happy for Dmitry, meticulous skills and a gentleman, and very funny...who will ever forget, "one-way monkey" and other Dmitryisms?! I agree about his models, though; hair and make-up did them no favors, I thought they looked even older.

Had to agree that CHristpher's collection was too many different items but I really loved some of them, starting with that first look, as Michael Kors pointed out. Melissa...everything seemed the same as what she'd already done, and I guess I'm the only one who thought the final, red (thanks, Chris!) dress was too different. Maybe if she'd worked that color into other things, but I guess I take the cohesion factor too literally. Was nice she tried some color.

I honestly thought Fabio was going to win - he seemed to take most to heart the judges' comments and put them into action. Not everything was too my liking but the color change was refreshing, and I could see quite a variety of women wearing his pieces. Maybe Jennifer Hudson will be his muse/patron, I really, really like his personality and hope he goes on to do well!

I was thrilled Dmitry won. His collection was fabulous, and he really seems like such a great guy, so calm and focused and meticulous. I adore his back story, leaving home with a backpack and 200 bucks to his name, and now here he is. Wish some of his family could have been there, as a surprise at the end.

I *liked* Fabio's clothes, but didn't *love* them. They were very much him, though. You could see him in every piece. I felt bad when he said at the end he wanted to win because he felt he had let his mom down, and he wanted to pay the bills. I remember when Tim visited him, the place he went to was fabulous, with huge windows overlooking what looked to be New York. Was that a friend's place? I kind of got the idea he was ok for money, but maybe not. Silly boy, though. Your mom is anything but disappointed in you.

Melissa's was nice, with some pieces I liked. The white jacket looked SO MUCH BETTER without those whacked out sleeves. I laughed at Chris' talking head where he told her to get real, it was RED not "blood orange" or whatever she kept calling it. Whatever colour it was, the red dress was great. But it was kind of one-note otherwise, although I thought the first outfit was really hip. If I were taller and thinner and cooler, I'd rock that.

I loved Chris, and really felt that he just lost the plot at the end. He was overwhelmed, and didn't seem to have the experience to help him pull it together and do what he needed to do. He just seemed so flustered. But I thought he was great, and he won so many challenges that will see his stuff put out there, so I'm sure he will be just fine.

Thank God there was no Wretchen or Jeffrey anywhere in the Final Four, so I was totally happy with the end, and the right guy won, IMO.
    So pleased for Dmitry.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 10-20-2012 at 12:24 AM.

I taped the finale and fast forwarded through most of it.

This is supposed to be a spring collection. I am so glad the new hot color for spring is BLACK and more BLACK. I can understand why Fabio's collection went over so well with the judges because while a bit hippy dippy it was a spring collection. I am still astounded that Fabio made it into the finale considering the "items" he created during this season.

Overall I think Dimitry was a well deserved winner and I wish him the best of luck.

This season was so blah that I just want to forget it. I was not planning to watch anymore Project Runway simply because season 10 was so blah but the trailers for All Stars 2 look so delicious that it deserves a peek.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast