+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 10/18 Finale Pt. 2 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/18 Finale Pt. 2 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Oh, I hadn't thought about that tonight's the last time we'll see Tim until future seasons of Project Runway, since he won't be on All-Stars. That seems like a huge mistake for them to do that. Nobody knows the designers better than Tim and since he's not involved in the judging, why not let him continue on as mentor to the all-stars even if they don't have the usual judges there??
    I'm not surprised he isn't mentoring the extra seasons, because I've often wondered: when does he find the time to do his real day job, which is Chief Creative Director for Liz Claiborne? How did he manage to do that talk show earlier this year and still keep his position? It's probably a blessing in disguise that The Revolution was cancelled.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Well i'm glad that Dmitri won. When the Season started I thought Dmitri, Ven and Sonji will be the top 3. Then after seeing Ven being a one trick pony, I thought Christopher will take his place in the top 3. I think the judges got it right, including the order. Christopher definitely had the least cohesive collection. Maybe if he used his print on the evening gown it would be different and if he made those prints with just not black but different colors, using them in more than just 3 of his outfits. As for Melissa, her work was definitely young and cool but there was really no wow factor as she has designed similar clothes during the show. Nice jackets though and the 'blood orange' outfit which probably her wow moment. I knew it was between Fabio and Dmitri. Fabio had the most cohesive collection but ultimately the judges selected Dimitri because he has been the most consistent and driven throughout the whole competition.

Anyhow, can someone post the dummy collections? I want to see what the other designers presented on the runway.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-19-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Maybe it is just a matter of personal taste, but I was stunned it came down to Fabio and Dmitri. I thought most of Fabio's collection was hideous. I was in LOVE with Dmitri's black one shoulder dress. OMG.
    Little Sew&Sew and jucamer like this.

I loved Fabio's line the most. It was fresh cool and different. It was a spring line they were showing so I get it. I love Dmitry for his attention to details, but that was not a spring line but more doom and gloom. That one dress he made was cute in the front, but low and behold that big silver zipper in the back. I think it would have looked more refine with a black zipper. I didn't like any of Melissa's designs, way too goth for me. But I loved Christopher's. That sleeveless printed dress was beautiful. Though I was hoping for Fabio to win, I'm okay with Dmitry. Heck anybody but Melissa for the win was okay with me.

Fabio and Christopher you rock!
    Dmitry, nice job
    Melissa, sorry but no!

I don't like All Star shows because I've seen what they can do but I might watch this one, only because I love Emillo's work. Don't know why that brought back Ivy. I hope they bring in Anthony for the commentary because I know he is going to be hilarious
    ladygreco and Babbred like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Well, I tried to post the pictures and it said it needs a moderator's approval. Hopefully the pictures will show up while I'm at lunch. If not, I'll try again later.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Well to be honest, iliked Fabio's collection the best but can see why they let Dmitir win. (although I still thought it appeared very old fashioned and for older ladies)

So good to see Christopher being the first one to get the boot. I really liked him at first but then i noticed how arrogant he was.
    He really thought he would win and that is why I think he showed those 3 basic pieces. He knew he was the judge's favourite.

Whats the name of the other gay guy who left a few weeks ago. At first I couldn't stand him and liked Christopher but then I ended up liking him and disliking Christopher.

Personality wise I liked Elena best but to be honest, none of the designers of this season rocked my boat.

It's weird because I think I was rooting for Christopher (even though I liked all 4), but when they gave him the criticism of it wasn't cohesive I definitely understood that and wasn't mad about it.

HOWEVER, I personally liked it the best because the more "cohesive" collections got repetitive. For example, Fabio and Melissa both did well but their looks got repetitive. I enjoyed that Christopher's was a different look each model (save the printed pieces). All that being said, Dmitri's was the next favorite of mine because, though it was all very architectural and cohesive, he kept a freshness for each look.

I was thrilled at Dimitry's win and was rooting for him the entire season. His work is outstanding and his attention to detail is off the charts. He was smart to listen to the judges and make his collection a bit more youthful after hearing their remarks. Smart man! I'm so happy for him! Tim was just gushing....

Fabio totally surprised me. I didn't like what he created throughout the season and was mystified as to how he made it to the finals. However, I will admit his finale pieces were a vast improvement. That said, in the end I wouldn't wear any of them because the styling wasn't something I'd ever consider putting on my body. Last night's editing did have me thinking he just could pull out a win. Funny how that works! heh

I thought Jennifer Hudson's rational as to why Fabio should be given the title of "winner" of Project Runway was totally unfair to Dimitry and I didn't agree with her at all. I think she was wearing her Amerian Idol hat and using her own experience as a guide.

Melissa didn't show anything new at all. Same old same old.... Her third place finish was the correct placement, IMO.

Christopher was a hot mess! He crumbled under the pressure of it all. Very sad when you consider how well he did during the season.
    dzigner likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Since I can't put all the pictures in one post, I'll post the collections separately.

Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast