+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 10/11 Finale Pt. 1 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/11 Finale Pt. 1 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    In my case, I'm so pale normally that I'd look like death itself if I didn't pair neutrals with some colors--especially in the winter, when I go from pale to practically translucent.

I wouldn't have minded the neutrals if they'd have punched even some of them up with some color.

Same here! I read one of those fashion books once where you find out your "season" and the colors you should wear. With my pale skin, dark red hair, and hazel eyes, the book said I was an "autumn" primarily and "spring" as a secondary season. That means lots of color. Neutral colors just wash me out. The book said to avoid the winter combination of black and white, so I guess Fabio's clothes are just about the only ones I could wear. That's not such a bad thing, since I agreed with Tim about how gorgeous they were. I also like the vibe. "Cosmic tribalism." Awesome, dude.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    In my case, I'm so pale normally that I'd look like death itself if I didn't pair neutrals with some colors--especially in the winter, when I go from pale to practically translucent.

I wouldn't have minded the neutrals if they'd have punched even some of them up with some color.
    Here is a conversation I have had several times over the years:

Other Person (often a medical professional): Are you feeling well? You look a little pale.
    Me: I feel fine, this is just how I look.

Regarding the show, I was also completely underwhelmed. I hope the full collections impress me more than what we saw in this episode. I want to like Fabio, but I don't really get his aesthetic. Although I like the idea of how he used paints on his fabric, I'm not a big fan of pastels. I prefer jewel tones any day, and they usually come off looking more luxurious/expensive.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-16-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Fabio's collection should be in Forever 21? It looks knit and cheaply made.
    You're not alone. I hated it, and especially the vest. I kept wondering what the judges were smoking.

So happy that both Dmitry and Chris both got to go. I like all of the designers, and but I adore these two. Hope Chris can wow them, and hope Dmitry fixes his styling issues. I would be really happy with either of them winning.
    Valar Morghulis

Oh, this season is still on?
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234