+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 10/11 Finale Pt. 1 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/11 Finale Pt. 1 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I wish Sonji made it to the final 4. She should have been there instead of Fabio. Can't believe it considering she won 3 challenges.
    Yep, I would have loved to see her collection! I was really torn on the runway - if I could have mixed and matched among the finalists, I'd have had a collection I loved. But each one's pieces on their own, wasn't completely thrilled. I LOVED Dmitry's pants, not sure I could wear them but they were maybe my favorite item of everything. I liked a couple of Fabio's, didn't really like Melissa's at all - the jacket would have been okay but I agree with Nina - cut those sleeve bottoms off! The other, "crackled" jacket is better IMO. Christopher's...those were not the best of his collection, although I understand if he was having problems with fit. Maybe a good argument for not doing too many separates...Most pleasant surprise for me was Fabio's color scheme. Did not expect that, although judge's comments were kinda spot on with him. I wouldn't expect his concept to look "polished," per se, but a bit more expensive, yes.

Worst possible pieces for the runway. Too much black and simple/commercial. I was really underwhelmed. I have no idea why so these same mistakes are happening over and over, this always happens in the end! I think they Christopher shoudl have sent out ill fitting clothes. Take the verbal beating, but at least pique their interest. They know you'll fix it in time. I think only Fabio stepped up to the challenge to be honest.

I like Dimitry's style the most but something about what he showed didn't have a wow factor for me. It looked like things he would design normally on the show, not for the finale. Where's the new inspiration and innovation? As much as people on here don't like Fabio, at least he's trying to do something different. But Dimitry, that piece with the shoulders and the bra with the white pants... omg. Why!? I dont' like the look of black and see through on skin, it just reads granny to me, and then the pants which just SCREAM out against it. It's jarring. The darker one with the fringe sleeves is cool but the entire thing it conjures up Rachel Zoe in no pleasure, all business mindset. Heavy and overdone.
    Last edited by Endit; 10-13-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Does anyone have a link that shows the decoy collections without showing the finalist's collections? I'd love to see 'what could've been'!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Yay!!

This is the first season where I really like all of the finalists. I'd be happy to see any of them win. Only bad note, I see Jennifer Hudson is going to be the guest judge. Really?! That's the best they could do?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

ITA about the lack of color. It always drives me crazy when the final collections are nothing but black, white, grey or other neutrals. Why are these contestants so afraid of color?

I'd really like a no-neutrals challenge some season where they were forced to use color or prints. It can't be that hard to do so--it's not as if you see nothing but neutrals when you go shopping for clothes, and this award season, there has been plenty of color on the red carpets, so obviously established designers can and do use color successfully. You'd also think Lifetime would prefer to see designers use some color, just so their runway shows wouldn't seem so similar every week.

I agree about the lack of color. I rarely wear black, white, or beige because colors make me feel happier.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thank God it is over next week. Should I even watch or just wait for someone to tell me what parts are worth watching?
    Allie and jucamer like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I could pick a piece from each of the collections that was beautiful.....but most of the rest was boring and dull....and a couple were even strange.
    And I'm tired (and possibly really jealous) of midriffs showing all the time....even w/the see-thru clothes....

SO underwhelmed by all of the choices by the final four. Even they seemed to be underwhelmed by their own choices...
    Allie and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree about the lack of color. I rarely wear black, white, or beige because colors make me feel happier.
    In my case, I'm so pale normally that I'd look like death itself if I didn't pair neutrals with some colors--especially in the winter, when I go from pale to practically translucent.

I wouldn't have minded the neutrals if they'd have punched even some of them up with some color.
    ClosetRTWatcher and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast