+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/4 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/4 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I think it's all been said, but what I weird season. Didn't care much for Dmitry's look but it was impeccably made and I had hoped to see him at Fashion Week, along with Christopher because he's just so...sensitive and earnest. So, I'm happy there. The other three were pretty much interchangeable, for me, but just on personality, I'd have picked Fabio. Both Melissa and Sanjia got a little on my nerves between the consistent time management issues of M. and, horrible as it was, the loss of the fabric by S. Btw shouldn't there be some remedy for that, if it was paid for and not packed in the bag by Mood? That little dog is my favorite on the show, though, after Tim. :-)

Oh, and finally tried to figure out how to vote for a fan favorite and turns out you have to Tweet?! Sorry, no tweeting or FB'ing or any of the like here, so I can't vote. But shocked to see how far ahead Elena is, and Melissa the next highest? Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I think it's all been said, but what I weird season. Didn't care much for Dmitry's look but it was impeccably made and I had hoped to see him at Fashion Week, along with Christopher because he's just so...sensitive and earnest. So, I'm happy there. The other three were pretty much interchangeable, for me, but just on personality, I'd have picked Fabio. Both Melissa and Sanjia got a little on my nerves between the consistent time management issues of M. and, horrible as it was, the loss of the fabric by S. Btw shouldn't there be some remedy for that, if it was paid for and not packed in the bag by Mood? That little dog is my favorite on the show, though, after Tim. :-)
    I wondered about that at the time. If she had a receipt showing that she had payed for it, why didn't a producer run her back to Mood to pick it up? It was probably still sitting on the counter. Gads, that poor child was just robbed all around.

Oh, and finally tried to figure out how to vote for a fan favorite and turns out you have to Tweet?! Sorry, no tweeting or FB'ing or any of the like here, so I can't vote. But shocked to see how far ahead Elena is, and Melissa the next highest? Huh.

I wondered whatever had happened to the FF voting. I remember that there had been some kerfluffle because Elena had promised to give her prize money to charity, thus her surging ahead of everybody else. I don't like it, but it at least it explains her popularity. I agree with you, though. Melissa? What on earth? She has been one of my least favorite designers this season.
    jucamer likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I wondered whatever had happened to the FF voting. I remember that there had been some kerfluffle because Elena had promised to give her prize money to charity, thus her surging ahead of everybody else. I don't like it, but it at least it explains her popularity. I agree with you, though. Melissa? What on earth? She has been one of my least favorite designers this season.

You would be correct about the promise of a donation. You can find the video on youtube. The company claims THEY approached HER about the idea.

Still smells like a kick-back to me.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Even if they had approached her first, she could have said no. Is gaining a little fame worth losing your credibility?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

Also, since when did the designers start saying "Goodbye, Atlas!" to the place they're staying, like they say "Goodbye, Mood!" whenever they visit there? I hadn't noticed it on previous episodes but I heard them say it a few times this episode.
    I noticed that too today....I remember them saying goodbye to their "apartment" or "home" before....I think. But it stood out to me also.

I loved Melissa's blue leather jacket and the skirt....the top was sort of ugly.
    Fabio's jacket was definitely interesting and avant garde but I didn't like the top at all and she looked heavy....not something a woman wants to look like.
    Christopher's was great, esp the back....I liked the feather arms but without a full bodice....he should have stuffed her bra....the hips didn't/couldn't balance.
    Dmitry's suit was designed for today's modern corporate woman who works in fashion....a little too out there for most conservative corporate work places.
    Sonjia: I thought the skin-colored material was what lost it for her...wrong color, wrong type of material....that skinny little model almost looked like she had "love handles" from the back.

I will be watching next week's show....I love seeing more of Tim and visiting each of the designer's homes and family. That is what's coming up, isn't it?

But I agree with many here, not a great season and lacking in personalities.
    Allie likes this.

Well, I have chimed in much this season simply because of time issue....sometimes I don't get to watch until the following Wednesday night. I need to be home more.

Anyway, I liked Demitry's suit EXCEPT the stupid color!!! I thought it made the model look like she had no neck and it made her face look fuller. What women wants a short neck and fuller face?!?!? I personally think he shouldn't have won. JMO.

I liked Melissa's look. I thought it went with the "theme" she was given. You could see artsy in that outfit for sure. I liked the colors too. I thought she did awesome especially considering how far out of her comfort zone she was.

I didn't like Fabio's look at all.

I liked Christopher's and thought is was more to his "theme" than Fabio's.

I liked where Sonjia was going but she never made it there. BUT I think she should have been the #4 spot b/c she has been the more consistent all season. Oh well.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Sonji could have used that gold fabric that she left at Mood's instead of the flesh mesh that she was criticized so much about. She probably would have stayed over Fabio given than she had a better body of work compared to him.
    Dragonlady likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123