+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/4 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/4 Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Once again, I'm at total odds with the judges. I was worried that they were going to think Dmitry's outfit wasn't avant garde enough and he ended up being declared the winner! I hated Melissa's outfit and all of the judges but Heidi loved it. I thought Christopher and Fabio's looks would be the top picks but they got quite a bit of criticism. I felt the way the guest judge did about Sonjia's outfit, that it looked unfinished. It looked like she needed 2 more days to finish all the details on it.

I'm shocked that Sonjia did not make it to Fashion Week. She's won more challenges than a lot of the other remaining designers. Mostly though, I only cared if Christopher and Dmitry made it through and they did so I'm happy. I don't care for Melissa and Fabio's design aesthetic. Also, Melissa is so bad at time management, I worry about how finished her line is going to look. I think we're going to see a lot of high-necked outfits, since that's gotten to be her signature look *groan*.

One thing I don't understand is how designers end up leaving some of their fabric at Mood. How many times has that happened this season? 3 or 4, including tonight with Sonjia's fabric?

Also, since when did the designers start saying "Goodbye, Atlas!" to the place they're staying, like they say "Goodbye, Mood!" whenever they visit there? I hadn't noticed it on previous episodes but I heard them say it a few times this episode. Were they told they wouldn't be returning to the apartment after this challenge, or were they saying this time in case they got auf'd before the finale?

**They said goodbye to the Atlas because that was the last night for them to have stayed there.**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    The only two I liked at all were Christopher and Dimitry. I agree with the winning designer choice - those hips on Christopher's dress weren't appealing. Had he done something other than the big hips to make it more avant garde, it would have been great!
    The casting was a little strange this season, which contributed to the lackluster performances by many. Both Christopher and Dimitry deserved to be in Fashion Week. Not so much with Melissa or Fabio.
    jucamer and jaytwo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    **They said goodbye to the Atlas because that was the last night for them to have stayed there.**
    They actually said it twice in this epidsode though and the first time was NOT the last night for them to stay there.

I really hated Fabio and Sanji's designs. HATED! Wish they both would have gone home. His jacket was ugly(either up or down) and her dress was a hot mess!

Melissa is very ho hum, to me. I'm a bit surprised that she wasn't sent home weeks ago. Also, it's pretty apparent that her time management skills are awful!

The only two who I believe deserve to go to Fashion Week are Dimitry (who I want to win) and Christopher.

Oh, and I get a kick out of how they say "thank you" to Mood and "good-bye" to the Atlas.
    AZChristian, jucamer and Babbred like this.

I loved Christopher's dress. It reminded me of something the Evil Queen would wear in Once Upon a Time. I especially loved the back, with the whole Victorian/steampunk vibe. Very sexy. I did agree with the judges, though, that the arm feathers were too OTT. Even the EQ wants to appear fashionable.

Dmitry's dress was just ho-hum for me. Yes, it was well executed, but that color just did nothing for me, and to have the whole dress be the same color just came across as blah. It reminded me of the other challenges, like the "autumn" challenge, where all the designers could do was come up with dark, dull colors. This whole thing was just a business suit with big chunks cut out, which I thought looked terrible.

Speaking of same color, the color of Sonjia's dress was lovely. However, I hated that she made the entire that one color, because it made the model look like a mermaid. Also, I agreed with Heidi that having the entire back made of mesh made the model look like a figure skater. And they criticized Christopher for being too costumey? I am not a fashion expert, so I'm curious. Is there any way Sonjia could have made that front without all the mesh?

I really wanted to dislike Melissa's dress, simply because I don't like her as a personality. Her time management skills drive me crazy, and I really thought her baby outfit last week was the worst. However, I have to be fair and say that I really liked her outfit this week. I thought it was a great idea to bring the concept of "muse" into the 20th century, and she pulled it off well. I loved the turquoise jacket, and the eclectic mix of the rest of the dress looked funky. For me that's a good thing.

Fabio. What is there to say? I loved the jacket, but the rest of the dress was hideous. This week I thought it was Sonjia who got robbed. Her color was gorgeous, and I thought her split front was a lot more avant garde than that curtain Fabio draped on his model.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Sonji's problem was that hideous "flesh coloured" mesh fabric. First of all, it didn't match her model's skin tone at all, so was glaringly obvious, and secondly it didn't fit the way it needed to to blend into the background. It wrinkled on the sides and just looked like a total mess. I liked her idea for the dress, but it came out so ill fitted and odd and just looked incomplete and messy. I understand why she was auf'd.

I didn't mind Fabio's creation, and loved the colour of the jacket. Melissa's just didn't scream avant-garde to me, but I think I was thinking more along the lines of Chris and Christopher's feather like dress from a few season's ago. That was just so cool. Hers seems so plain somehow, as did Dmitri's suit. Chris's was indeed very steampunk, and I agreed about the fit between the boobs. It was very odd. I loved the back though.

So happy to see Chris and Dmitri get to the next level. I hope one of them wins. The best thing is, none of the final 4 bug me, so I'm not actively rooting against someone (see: Gretchen).
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

So happy to see Chris and Dmitri get to the next level. I hope one of them wins. The best thing is, none of the final 4 bug me, so I'm not actively rooting against someone (see: Gretchen).
    Amen! I kind of hope Christopher wins since he's such a sweetie. However, Dmitry cracks me up so I'd be ok with him winning, too. Fabio's nice, and Melissa irritates me a little but not nearly as much as some past contestants. So yeah, it'll be nice to actually sit back and enjoy a final for once instead of biting my nails hoping that the "wrong" contestant doesn't win.

Forgot to add: can anybody remember what make-up theme the designers had? For instance, Sonjia was the "seductress" and Melissa was the "muse." Their dresses fit the the theme. However, I could have sworn that one of the palettes Tim showed at the beginning was "wise mystic" that had lovely blue and green colors in it, and I can't think which one of the remaining dresses would match that palette.
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Tried to come back and edit, but time had run out.

I found my answers in a blog, but I'm still confused. Dmitry and Christopher's theme was "Enchanted Queen," and their dresses kind of fit the theme. (Maybe Dmitry's model was the Queen of the Corporate World? ) How in the heck, though, do you get "Wise Mystic" out of Fabio's dress? That just reinforces my feeling that Sonjia was robbed.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Dmitry had the Wise Mystic. It was Christopher and Fabio who shared Enchanted Queen. Christopher had been allowed to choose which make-up palette he wanted since there were only 4 themes and 5 designers.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Sorry, but this episode did absolutely nothing for me.

There wasn't a one of the designs that I liked.

BTW . . . I am very sorry Sonjia's gone. but sweetpea's right . . . the flesh-colored insert on that gown was hideous, and the fit on it absolutely sucked.

Honestly, right now, I don't know if I'll be bothered watching next week.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast