+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Project Runway All Stars 2 (Premieres 10/25) - News & Speculation

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Project Runway All Stars 2 (Premieres 10/25) - News & Speculation

Some popular and UNpopular returnees!

Wendy Pepper, Andrae Gonzalo among designers on 'Project Runway All Stars 2'
    By Us Weekly

Thirteen of "Project Runway's" fan favorite designers are ready to prove they're a cut above the rest on the Lifetime hit's second all-star season!

Wendy Pepper, Andrae Gonzalo and Uli Herzner are among the designers returning for a second chance at "Runway's" top prize during the season hosted by supermodel Carolyn Murphy and judged by Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman. Joanna Coles, the former Editor-in-Chief of Marie Claire, will serve as the contestants' mentor.

Guest judging the contestants' designs this season will be A-list stars Katie Holmes (who filmed her cameo four days after splitting from Tom Cruise in July), Kylie Minogue, Stacy Keibler and Liv Tyler.

Read on to see which other designers will join Pepper, Gonzalo and Herzner for "Project Runway All Stars."

- Kayne Gillaspie, season 3
    - Suede Baum, season 5
    - Althea Harper, season 6 first runner-up
    - Emilio Sosa, season 7 first runner-up
    - Peach Carr, season 8
    - Casanova, season 8
    - Ivy Higa, season 8
    - Anthony Ryan Auld, season 9
    - Laura Kathleen, season 9
    - Joshua McKinley, season 9 first runner-up

"Project Runway All Stars" premieres October 25 at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Project Runway All Stars 2

Oh, yuck...why did they have to include Wendy Pepper as an Allstar??? Oh, well. At least Gretchen isn't in the lineup. I'm most excited about Kayne and Anthony Ryan returning. Casanova didn't impress me the first time and I remember not caring for Peach.

I hate it when they don't have Tim as the mentor. It just isn't Project Runway without him!

Yikes, there's not much time between when this season of PR ends and the All Stars 2 begins. I'm already running 3 other pools but I 'd like to do another pool for Project Runway. I think I can handle them all at the same time. Thank goodness they're on different days of the week. Of course, if someone else wants to run a pool for All-Stars 2, that's fine with me. I don't want to hog all the fun if someone else wants to give it a try! I'd be happy to send you a copy of my spreadsheet if you want to use a similar format.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-27-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    Allie and jucamer like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

FORT Fogey

I liked Kayne. He was the one who specialized in pageant dresses and I think he had a show on one of the cable networks about dressing pageant girls. I remember Suede and the others I would have to see a picture to recall them.

FORT Fogey

Too bad Heidi cannot get an established host. Cat Deeley or Kimora would be good. They have both been on Fashion Police and were fantastic!

This show fell flat for me last season because of the host and Isaac. I didnt care for either of them. I will watch though.

I agree, Shoepie! I'd much rather see Cat Deeley be the host of All-Stars. For that matter, she would make a great mentor to fill Tim's place.
    Shoepie and Allie like this.
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,

I simply will not watch Josh again. I simply will not.
    dzigner, sweetpea and Allie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I simply will not watch Josh again. I simply will not.
    LOL. I remember his comment to Bert, "I will not have it, Bert. I simply will not have it." What a maroon. I'll probably trim my toenails or something while he's on the screen. He's got enough self-worship going on that he won't need me to participate in the lovefest.
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

Re: Project Runway All Stars 2 (Premieres 10/25) - News & Speculation

It looks like they are starting to hit the dregs now and calling it all stars just because a designer was a contestant.

It is way too soon to have another show. Except for the huge gap when the network move took place, I enjoyed the anticipation of a new season; this makes it feel stale. Since Joanne is now a FORMER editor in chief at Marie Claire, why is she to be the mentor? She won't be able to offer them a job like on the first show. I'm shaking my head because this is beginning to feel like the studio system for films of the 1930's when they cranked them out one after another.
    sweetpea and Babbred like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I thought it was a little too soon as well Arielflies. Seems like the last All-Stars had just ended when they put the current show on and now they are tacking on another All Stars. Love PR but enough is enough.

Seems to me this should really be SEASON THREE since there was the competition that came down to Daniel Vosovic and Korto Momolu. Did they call that one something else?

Can't say that any of this group is a "favorite" as far as design goes, but I'm looking forward to Kayne, Uli and Andrea returning to my tv. If Ivy and Joshua are the first two sent home, the cheering sound you'll hear would have come from me!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Tim needs to start his own spinoff reality show. Something like Fashion Bootcamp, where the designers have a new obstacle to overcome each week (overweight clients, giving twins completely different looks, outfits that go from work to evening with a few simple changes, etc) and Tim mentors them through it. Instead of having an elimination each week, have all designers stay in until the end and then pick a winner. They could still have judging every week and declare a winner for the week to keep everyone on track and let designers know what they need to work on.

I hope Uli has branched out to doing more. I got tired of seeing the same drapey, beachy dresses from her week after week.
    Allie, AZChristian and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast