+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Project Runway All Stars 2 (Premieres 10/25) - News & Speculation

Fort Member

Re: Project Runway All Stars 2 (Premieres 10/25) - News & Speculation

The only all stars season I would like to see now is all the winners
    There has been ten seasons and two all stars ( well one all stars and a whatever the other one was called)
    Thats 12 winners who could compete to see who is the real all star best of the best and make the prize for charity
    I would love to see Jay against Jeffrey and Christian and Seth
    I know it will never happen but I can dream
    Allie and navybelle like this.

There have been two "all star" specials - the one Mondo won and the one where IMHO Korto got robbed (this time truly such not lost to a good designer).

And some like me admittedly would NOT see Gretchen again - especially since many people (not on this board) feel that the decision made to let her win was the beginning of the end of this show because it wasn't about fashion but ready to wear. Irina's win also wasn't that palatable for some (I would've prefered Gordanna in the finals or Althea winning), but that was more due to her season being the one mostly affected by the Bravo/Lifetime debacle. (BTW, I can say I agreed with Irina's win - she did have the best collection of the three even if all black).

Fort Member

I know there has been two I was just not sure what the first one was called as they are calling this All star season 2

I did not like Irena at all and only saw half of Gretchens series but I totally get why she was disliked but despite that I still think it would be interesting to see them up against the previous winners as I dont think they would last that long plus some validation that the newer seasons winners have not been as good would be nice to see
    Plus Jay Christian Mondo Jeffrey the good would outweigh the bad surely

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    There have been two "all star" specials - the one Mondo won and the one where IMHO Korto got robbed (this time truly such not lost to a good designer).

And some like me admittedly would NOT see Gretchen again - especially since many people (not on this board) feel that the decision made to let her win was the beginning of the end of this show because it wasn't about fashion but ready to wear. Irina's win also wasn't that palatable for some (I would've prefered Gordanna in the finals or Althea winning), but that was more due to her season being the one mostly affected by the Bravo/Lifetime debacle. (BTW, I can say I agreed with Irina's win - she did have the best collection of the three even if all black).

I'm on this board and I totally agree that the Wretchen win helped, to a large degree, this show to jump the shark. It wasn't just the final win, either. It was all that horrible bullying that we had to see her and Hivy do ad nauseum. We've talked about Terri "the real woman" getting screwed by Ven this season; well, that was just a single episode. Where were the producers when all that casual cruelty was going against Michael C? It was nothing but cheap, tacky drama on Lifetime's part, and it was disgusting. The show hasn't improved very much since then.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Looks as if this show is only 1 hour long at least that is what the Sacred TV Guide says. To be honest I am up for a shorter show.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looking forward to seeing the scheming Wendy Pepper. Yay. Let the havock begin
    You can do it!

I didn't root for any of these contestants during their seasons. I'll watch, but unless the clothes are great, the attitudes will probably turn me off.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have gone back and forth over whether I would watch. I think I will, though. It might be kind of nice to see the nasty contestants turning on each other rather than a nice contestant, like they do in a regular season.

Also, unlike the previous AS, this one is wide open. In the last one, you knew that Mondo was going to win, because his terrible loss had to be redeemed by the show.

And of course, there's the fashion. Always the fashion....
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I actually liked Wendy Pepper most than most viewers and I expect I'll put her in my pool mainly because I doubt anyone else will. There are so many others over the seasons that I've thought were so much worse than she.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123