+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 9/20 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 9/20 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am so done with Ven being the bad guy here. I would not want to design a tent for a heavy woman in their postion either! Especially one is going to take offense at her weight which she damn well knows is not ideal.!!
    I do think Ven could have been more diplomatic. BUT, regarding her weight ("which she damn well knows is not ideal"), she is professing to be a size 10. Yeah. Like Kirstie Alley is an 8. I keep trying to find the stores where they shop, because I'm smaller than either one of them, and I have a couple of size 12 items that I can wear, but I'm more like a 14.

You can't make a 10 or an 8 look that overweight, no matter how many cameras (which add 10 pounds EACH) are on you. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I do think Ven could have been more diplomatic. BUT, regarding her weight ("which she damn well knows is not ideal"), she is professing to be a size 10. Yeah. Like Kirstie Alley is an 8. I keep trying to find the stores where they shop, because I'm smaller than either one of them, and I have a couple of size 12 items that I can wear, but I'm more like a 14.
    I'm mostly a size 12-14, but she definitely didn't look like a size 10 to me.

However, the whole point of that challenge was to work with "real life" women. The others were able to build up their model's confidence...Ven just kept shutting his model's down.

Note: Not everyone can just lose weight. Mine is controlled by my disease and the drugs I'm on, and I'm going to look 5 months pregnant forever. (And right now, I only weigh 3 pounds more than I did when I got pregnant 16 years ago.)

I hate women's sizing....it means nothing to me....
    I'm 5'2", 125 lbs with a large natural chest, thick middle, and no hips or thighs.......... and in my closet are everything from a 2 to a 12.
    How is that possible? Because there is no standard and it's annoyingas heck.

Just to be clear, I was not excusing Ven's behavior. I was excusing the judges behavior. They do not judge base on personality and I do not think they should change that. As I said before, if Ven is as big an a** as they made him out to be, it will come back to haunt him anyway, regardless of the judges decisions.

I have heard that in our local mall they have a scanning device that you can step in (male or female) and it scans your sizes and gives you a list of what sizes you wear in all of the various clothing stores. What a great idea and how handy for holiday gift giving.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have heard that in our local mall they have a scanning device that you can step in (male or female) and it scans your sizes and gives you a list of what sizes you wear in all of the various clothing stores. What a great idea and how handy for holiday gift giving.
    I would love to try that and see if it really works....I so dislike having to always guess what size I wear in that particular brand/designer.
    I have found tho that the higher the price tag, the lower the size you wear. A great fit is what I'm looking for, regardless of the number and who sees that number anyway?

It's so true how weird women's sizes are! If you are male and go into Lord and Taylor to buy pants in a 32/34 and then you go into Walmart- you still wear a 32/34. That's because the numbers 32 and 34 represent actual measurements in inches of your waist and inseam. What the heck is a 4 or 14??? Those are no sort of measurement! I don't know if it's true, but years ago I read an article that said the more expensive store you go into, the smaller your size will be and it's not because they use better materials. The article said when the size system was established in women's clothing so many years ago, that the well-to-do wanted to feel like they were a smaller size and, therefore the designers/manufacterer adjusted the sizes so the higher class would feel 'smaller' when shopping in their store and would be repeat customers. If they could go into a fancy store and be a size 6 versus the 10 they actually were, they would return to that store. It's all in the perception I guess. I say crazy. Guys have it so much easier when it comes to buying clothes...(and that whole standing up to pee thing...) ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567